Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW X5

Comments

• I have decided to purchase a 2004 X5 3.0i with Prem Pkg, Navi, Rear Climate Pkg, Step trans, and Xenon. Located in southern California. MSRP is 50,070. First offer out of the box, no haggling, from dealer was $48,105. Good deal? Also was quoted approx $600 for monthly lease payment, including taxes. Can someone give me some color on this pricing?

Also, saw national campaign for lease program. Apparently 2004 X5 3.0i, step trans only (i.e., base model) with MSRP of $42,770 and lease payment, excluding taxes, of $449. Same program offers 2004 X5 4.4i, 19" wheels, Cold Weather Pkg and Sport Pkg with MSRP of $56,095 and lease payment ,excluding taxes of $618. Is there a dealer in southern California that is running these offers? Finally, does anyone know why the car that I am looking for in the paragraph above and a MSRP between the two prices in the national campagin leases for roughly the same monthly amount as a $56,095 car?
  • I'm trying to decide if I should take advantage of the left overs. Any one have ideas about what's new in the '05 MY?
  • I am considering putting on the OEM areodynamic kit for an 2005 X5. The individual items are grill guard, running boards, rear skirts, fender flares, door accents. But the parts alone are about $3000 at the dealer, and I don't know how much painting and labor will be.

Anyone has any experience with the installation and price? Any other aftermarket sources for stuff like this other than the dealer? Seems to be very expensive.

Thanks.
  • 3 YEAR lEASING FOR BUSINESS - WHERE DO I FIND ANNUAL RESIDUAL VALUES LIST FOR MODELS AND OPTIONS. DON'T WANT PURCHASE OPTION SO WANT HIGHEST RV NEGOTIABLE TO CALC LEASE PAYMENTS.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,971
    Try the Lease Questions - Ask Here discussion.

But turn off the ALL CAPS first - no one will want to help if you shout at them :-)

Steve, Host
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,971
    "Although the X5's basic styling is going on 6 years old, minor tweaks this year, including larger grilles and 3 Series-inspired headlights, keep it contemporary. Nearly everyone dug the X5, with one editor calling it the "best-looking of the bunch" while another stated that it's still "a sharp-looking SUV even after several years on the market."

2004 Midsize Luxury V8 SUVs Comparison Test

Steve, Host
  • We're looking at used X5s and the prices amaze me. I think that we all can agree that after some pushing and shoving 48K would get you into a brand new, never driven '05 X5 3.0. (With no pushing and shoving 44K would have gotten me into an '04 Demo X5 six weeks ago.) For a certified '02 X5 3.0 the dealer asking prices (i.e., the opening offer on the table) is around 38K!. (See the Certified section on Bmwusa.com). My mother didn't raise any fools back on Block Island, so I think that giving up three model years ('05 to '02) and say 40K miles is worth far more than a 10K price reduction. But the market doesn't agree. At least the asking prices for the certifieds are so high. Through other research I have learned that the certification process costs the dealer $1200 PLUS whatever repairs were made. If you check the Edmunds pricing the prices are about 4-5K lower for presumably non-certified cars. That leads me to believe that the dealers are doubling or better their costs in their certified program.

Several questions: I wonder how flexible are the dealers on these prices? How much is the certification really worth? Specifically, how much is a Certified '02 with 30K miles and an asking of 38K really worth? I wonder how far apart are the final transactional prices on certifieds vs. non certifieds? While we compare prices, in all fairness I should add that BMW will now (in November) make the first month's payment for all '01 and '02 Certified X5s and they have low interest rates. I figure that the first month's payment means about $650 to the average person.
  • bmwcccbmwccc Posts: 234
    Hey folks,I have a few quick questions on the future X5. Does anyone know if the 2006 model is getting the new engine the 3 series is getting next year. In addition, are there any plans to drastically change the look of the vehicle or just minor modifications for the 2006 or 2007 year?

Thanks
  • mcs19mcs19 Posts: 14
    My understanding is that the 2 engines offered in the 2006 3 series will replace the 2.5 and 3.0 engines in all the models carrying them (including the 5 series, X3 and X5). A redesign is set for 2007 which is rather drastic carrying with it the newer lines seen in 5 series and soon to be introduced 3 series in an SUV shell. There are some pictures out there on the internet of it.
  • phauolphauol Posts: 24
    Would like to ask for recommendation about choice of tire change other than OEM. How much you have driven before you change your 1st set. My 2003 X5 3.0 sports pkg has been 30000 and is considering changing due to concern of hydroplane.

Thx, Paul
  • cks1cks1 Posts: 3
    I am in the process of getting a new X5 3.0. Does anyone has experience/trouble with the new vehicles?

Any tips will be welcome
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    My Dad leased an '04 X5 3.0iA in Feb '04. he currently has almost 21,000 miles on it and not one single issue or problem to report. His first visit to the dealer was for an oil change at 17,000 miles.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• cks1cks1 Posts: 3
    After few days of giving the deposit, I went to pick up the SAV from the dealer. I found that the ABS light was on. Didnt take delivery. Dealer says that it needs part replacement and said will replace it next week before delivering. I am not sure if this is an indication of a bad vehicle; and hence not sure whether to go for it or not.

Did anyone else had similar experience? Any 'advice' from experts will help me make the decision.
  • m4d_cowm4d_cow Posts: 1,491
    im considering an 05 X5 3.0, black on beige, premium, auto, xenon, coldweather. how much over invoice am i looking forward to pay for?

its my 1st time buying an suv, so comments would be really appreciated. thanks
  • m4d_cowm4d_cow Posts: 1,491
    one more thing, is the pastel green interior available for USspec x5?
  • I am new to the forum and looking for an answer to your question regarding trailer hitch/towing capacity. I would like to tow a 3500# travel trailer. Did anyone respond with meaningful information. Thanks...
  • I have a 2003 3.0 liter with a class III hitch. I Emailed BMW via the owners circle with my car x-5 specs and got the towing information in a few days. 3500 lbs for my 3.0 liter? hope that helps. I have only pulled a large U-Haul trailer and did ok on the interstate for about 400 miles--I did have some problems with swaying over 65-70 MPH. The gas millage dropped to about 10 mpg.
  • I have a 06/2005 3.0 litre X5. It tend sto slightly pull to the left (australian specs)The dealer tell me this is normal, it not m like my other bemers which have the most glorious steering ever, any comments from any one?
  • ctmctm Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have the exact question that you just stated. I cannot believe how close the certified prices are to the new 05 prices. I have been quoted 44.9 for a 05 3.0 with prem and HID's. The certified 04's with 16k are being priced at 44.9. I would like to know how much I can anticipate getting off this sticker price. Have you haggled on at certified?