Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL Bluetooth/HandsFree Link Problems

Comments

• I recently purchased a new Blackberry 8830 that is listed as compatible with the Hands Free Link on my 2005 Acura TL. I was able to pair it easily, however after about 4 weeks it just stopped working with the Hands Free Link. I went to the dealership and they had problems pairing not only my phone but another phone as well (not and 8830). The hands free link system was covered by warranty so they replaced it. All was well for about 3 weeks then once again it stopped working with the link. After numerous attempts I am not able to pair my phone to the link nor was the dealership able to pair it. :cry: This frustrates me greatly because I'm on the road quite a bit and the hands free link makes phone use very simple and safe. Has anyone had this problem and if so what can be done to fix it.
  • carteachcarteach Posts: 179
    Have you tried calling the handsfreelink customer support number? I was told that they'd support any phone they had listed as compatible.
  • I have not called the customer support number. I'll see if I can find the number and give it a shot. Thanks
  • Thanks for the great advice. Calling the Acura Hands FreeLink customer support number did the trick. They were very helpful and provided immediate assistance. Although neither my dealership nor Verizon could offer any solutions customer support was able to do it in less than 5 minutes. The solution was simple:
    1. Delete paired device from phone
    2. Remove battery from the phone, wait 10 seconds and replace. This will reset the phone and the Bluetooth connection.
    3. Pair phone to the HandsFreeLink
    If this does not work hit the menu botton for the HandsFreeLink and give the command"System Clear". This will clear the system of all phones, phone numbers and recorded voice commands and will reset to the default settings. Once this is done repeat the 3 steps above to reset the phone. :)
  • I have a BB 8830 also. Were you able to download your address book into the TL's address book?
  • The 8830 world edition is not compatibe with phonebook import does not have the pbap profile.
    I just need to vent. It's so frustrating to see all these great new phones come out and then have to wait ????? months to find out whether they're compatible. :mad: I posted in March that I was up for a new phone. I still have not found one that offers good speaker/volume, compatibility and is still available at Verizon.

I spoke to a customer service rep at Acura hands free link who told me it took a long time to test the phones because Acura was so careful. Makes no sense to me. You pair up the phone. You drive around with it for a couple of weeks. And boom... you should know whether which or all features are compatible.
  • kkaitikkaiti Posts: 1
    I recently switched from a Blackberry to a 3G iPhone. My 2005 TL Bluetooth worked fine with the Blackberry, but since I got the iPhone, about 50% of the time that I get an incoming call, the radio silences, I answer the phone, the radio comes back on, and the calling party ends up listening to my radio, but can't hear me. Acura says it's an iPhone software problem. The Apple store yesterday said it was an Acura problem. What now? Outgoing calls are not affected.
    If the iPhone is on the Acura approved list, which it is, Acura is responsible for the problem unless there is a firmware update. At least that's what I was told.
  • My phone, according to the website doesn't support bluetooth audio...but I listen to music using A2DP Stereo all the time....

HTC Mogul
  • Hello everybody,
    I was surprised to learn today that Acura HFL does not release any updates to their software for HFL. I don't think any software is perfect how do they fix the issues with HFL?
    Also, to add audio streaming feature via bluetooth is a firmware update, why not make it available to the cars that already have bluetooth and to the customers that have phones with A2DP.

It does not make a business sense from a luxury car brand not offer upgrades to their HFL. Am i missing something?
  • I do not use Hands Free. Whenever I do people complain that I sound distant. I want to use my bluetooth/BlackBerry in the car but when I do my blackberry continues to come detecting the handsfree. It annoying. Anyway to turn bluetooth off in the 200 Acura TL?

Thanks.
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Posts: 681
    I don't know the specific steps, but you'll need to "unlink" the phone and the car. Look for this in the car and phone manuals.
  • k19k19 Posts: 9
    I have an 05 Acura TL. My bluetooth is not working. I tried holding down the the TALK button but nothing happens. I tried holding down the BACK button but nothing happens. I tried BOOTING UP but the display just keeps reading BOOTING UP. Is this something the Acura dealer needs to diagnose?

Thanks for you help
    Sounds like it if you've had your phone successful paired already. Would you come back and post what happened? Cost, problem etc. My bluetooth has been kind of funky, sometimes not hearing my command at all, sometimes not hanging up. I'm wondering how much Acura charges for repairs.
  • The solution was simple:
    1. Delete paired device from phone
    2. Remove battery from the phone, wait 10 seconds and replace. This will reset the phone and the Bluetooth connection.
    3. Pair phone to the HandsFreeLink
    If this does not work hit the menu botton for the HandsFreeLink and give the command"System Clear". This will clear the system of all phones, phone numbers and recorded voice commands and will reset to the default settings. Once this is done repeat the 3 steps above to reset the phone.
    Thanks, I'll try that.
  • mavericmaveric Posts: 1
    Any luck with the Bluetooth? I just bought an 04 TL yesterday; I didn't try the Bluetooth feature until I got the home. I've got the same problem. When I push the button, it doesn't "Beep" or anything.

I don't see how I can "reset" the system, if it's not accepting commands, as the guy above suggested; maybe I'm not understanding correctly....

Any thoughts anyone?

Thx in advance!
  • Have you tried Acura Hands Free link Customer Service? I found them very helpful. They can be reached at 1.888.528.7876.

You can also contact Acura Client Service at 1.800.382.2238
    I got my bluetooth system to respond a couple of times, but was unable to set up my phone. Right now it's not working at all. I guess I have to take it to the Acura dealer to get it diagnosed. Have you had any luck getting your system to work? Did you take your car to the Acura dealer?

Thanks ">link title