Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G35 Bluetooth Questions

Comments

• Exact same issue here. Glad to know I'm not alone. The frustrating thing for me is not knowing who should be addressing the issue, Infiniti or Motorola?
  • kobayashikobayashi Posts: 50
    After another recent call to the Infiniti BT help desk, I finally got someone to admit that the issues I described is indeed a confirmed problem with the phone. He said that they have reported it to Infiniti and are awaiting a resolution. They took my phone and said they would contact me when they have a fix. Not holding my breath. They should update web site which says the phone is compatible until it is fixed. I suspect Motorola will say it is the auto makers issue and truth is, the BT does work with other devices just fine. I have wondered also if this is a WM6 issue which may also plague other phones running this newer mobile OS. It is obviously an initiation issue as all the functions after this initial connection problem each time the phone is recognized.

What I do now is turn the car on, see the "connected phone" message and then hit the hang up button on the steering wheel several times, then hit the back key above it on the wheel. A shame because everything else is nicely executed with the car and this ritual every time starting the car followed by 10-15 seconds of deadness before the radio/etc. comes back should be fixed.

Call the BT desk and press them...I will probably call every once in a while to keep them honest. Please post back here with any info.
  • smith83smith83 Posts: 45
    I have a 2008 G35 and a Blackberry 8830. The phone paired immediately and was working perfectly for the first 2 weeks of ownership. Somehow the phone has disconnected with the car and I cannot get it re-paired. Basically, when I try to pair the phone, it goes through the entire connection process, but my phone shows the folllowing message after the connection: "Waiting for MY-CAR". Then nothing happens. Any ideas how to correct this?
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 95
    I'd start by removing it from the paired phones list in the car and trying to reestablish the pairing. I believe you can find the paired phone list in the "settings -> phone" menu when the car is running but not moving.
  • I have a Q9C (Sprint) and the same issue as yours...everytime when I start the car the Phone is connected to the car... For 10 sec or so even the radio is muted..and I hit the hangup multiple times to disconnect the phone...I have no clue what it is..but once I disconnect the phone then everything is normal like nothing happened... have no idea... :confuse:
    The Motorola Q9M was removed from the Infiniti BT web site for the symptoms I reported earlier. Infiniti offered to pay for my phone. It now sounds like the Q9C must also suffer from the same problem based on your symptoms. I would contact the Infiniti BT helpdesk and complain - then ask for customer relations. The Q9C is still on the Infiniti compatible web site as of today.

Based on your experience, I would say Motorola has BT problems as part of their WM6 based phones, but they will probably not make a change due unless this issue is widespread. As much as I hate to do the work around (phone, hang up, back), I still do it and will probably look into a Blackberry Curve when it comes to Verizon next month.

Let us know how it goes.
  • dhamredhamre Posts: 1
    I'm considering buying a used 2007 G35 sedan and I definitely want bluetooth. I've found some advertised that say they have navigation but not bluetooth. However, my understanding is that this car could not be ordered with navigation and not also have bluetooth.
    extensive web surfing has not given me a definite answer on this, would greatly appreciate if anyone could answer. I need to know because I've found a good deal on one with Nav, and I want to be sure it has bluetooth before I bid on it.

thanks for any help.
  • alex180alex180 Posts: 3
    yes that is correct, if there is nav there is bluetooth.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    Bluetooth is part of the Premium package. I think you have to have premium package in order to have NAV but you can ask them if it has the Bose. If it has the Bose, it has the premium package.
  • jrt13jrt13 Posts: 2
    Hi, i have a 2006 g35 coupe, i am having problems with my bluetooth, it dont happen all the time, but sometimes, if i start the car or turn on bluetooth, the radio will lock up and say telephone, there is no way for it to release unless i shut the car off, or turn off the blue tooth on the phone, also some times it will say telephone but the call is still going through the handset. Infiniti has replaced the radio and the bluetooth parts, still no luck, its an intermittent problem so it dont do it for infiniti when they have the car, they are blaming the phone, i called tmobile and they sent me another Dash, same problems, now infiniti is telling me the phone isn't compatible, i think thats crap to be honest with you, anyone else have this problem or no of a fix?

thanks
    jeff
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    Have you gone to the Infiniti website to check to see if your phone is compatible with your model car??? Not all BT capable phones are compatible. After I got my G35X I found my phone was not. Suggest you check.
    Z
  • jrt13jrt13 Posts: 2
    I did check its not, they dont have a big selection either :(
  • I called the BT helpline and they are investigating the issue..I said it was listed as compatible on your website and my Moto Q9C doesn't work right..... they will be calling me monday to let me know what version of the Q9C they tested it with...
    Initially they are blaming the phone until I told them about the website...I will update you guys once I get some info :confuse:
  • Well...As promised I got a call from Infiniti BT Helpline today and now they verified my Windows CE OS Version and said they tested with an older version which it is compatible with.. So other than that they didn't address my issue....said this version is not compatible with my G... :(
  • sm91sm91 Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 g35 with navigation. I had problems with compatibility between my Moto Q9M and the car, and recently replaced that phone with the Moto Q9C. I'm having the problems that others here have described - when I start the car, the system locks up for 10-15 seconds, and the screen appears as if I'm in a call (I'm not).

This may sound crazy, and is only a theory, but hear me out. I'm not convinced this is a bluetooth problem - I think it is actually a problem relating to the "start-up" of the nav system.

My reasons include:

1. this afternoon, I turned the phone off before starting the car. I then started the car and let the nav system finished its "start-up" process. I then turned on the phone, and everything worked like a charm.
    2. from what I know, Bluetooth is designed simply to wirelessly connect 2 devices - this actually works fine once the inital problem goes away.
    3. when I start the car with the phone already turned on (and the last time the car was on I had the screen on a radio screen), I actually see the screen flash from the radio screen to the "follow these rules/hit enter" screen. This did not happen when I had the phone turned off and started the car.

I'm thinking about this because I want to make sure I contact the right part of Infiniti, and I don't think that's the Bluetooth helpdesk.

Thoughts? Thanks!
    I hope you are on to something, but am not optimistic based on my experiencs. I am currently living with the start up issue with my Q9M, since I do not want to change phones. I have seen times when the phone does connect correctly (even when already on), but have not figured out any any pattern to those are occasions. Other way to see if the issue is what you state is to find someone with a non-nav car and try it (maybe a dealer loaner). If you do solve the issue or have more data, please update here. The Infiniti BT desk will probably be of no help since they removed the phone from their web compatible list months ago.
  • Well...you all know that I had issues with my Moto Q9c Sprint with my 07G...now finally I have some luck with my Moto Q9c sprint....
    I did the software upgrade from Motorola website which updated the Windows
    CE version from 6.0 to 6.1 I believe...Now everytime I start the car everything is just perfect the way it is supposed to be.... As most of you already figured it out this is a Windows mobile 6.0 issue rather than the car's.... Well now I'm a happy camper.... I suggest all of you who have a Windows CE 6.0 please upgrade to the next available version...this should solve many problems....and I can see even the phone
    was way faster than before when browsing on the Internet...:)
    Sounds like goods news...I unfortunately have a Verizon Q9m and it appears that they have not released the WM6.1 upgrade. Hope they will soon and I can quit having to hit "hang up" and "back" each time I start the car. Did the OS upgrade erase all of your phone content?
  • I have finally gotten a Q9 to work with a 2008 G35 Sedan with Nav, a problem which has plagued me for a while. After recently upgrading my Verizon Q9M to the Q9C ROM with WM6.1, it still did not work (initial pairing okay, phone in call mode, hit hang up and then back). Noticed also that Infiniti also pulled the Q9C off the list, as it did with the QpM.

Found a registry hack that solved the problem. Requires using a registry tool and slightly risky changes, but worth it IMHO for the desperate. Here is the post, the instructions are in post #5.

http://www.everythingq.com/forum/moto-q-9c/q9c-and-infiniti-g35x-bluetooth-probl- em-16833.html
  • rhard49rhard49 Posts: 226
    Starnge enough my Mot Q9C Sprint did not work with my 08 G35x with Nav. Every time you wwnt to dial it would blink and disapper from the g35 screen. I thought it was a bug, but going back into my screen the next day I had to confirm the mac address of my car was ok. There was no way I had that but just said yes to the hex code there and it now works fine without having to upgrade to 6.1