Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Navigator Stereo iPod MP3 Navigation

2»

Comments

• Hello all, just got my 03 Gator last week. It is great so far, a few minor problems to fix (got it at auction) but I wold really love to hook my satellite radio up to it. It does not have navigation, a SAT button, or an AUX input. I was hoping I could find an option that did not include replacing the radio, as I told my husband I could figure out- no luck so far! My Explorer had a tape deck that I hooked my XM up to, but alas, no tape player in the Gator. It does have a 6 disc CD changer if that helps at all. I would like to eventually get a nicer stereo, possibly touch screen, but want it to look similar to the factory one-could I take it out of a Navigator at a junk yard? Please help with any options I might have. Thank you so much!
  • deton8deton8 Posts: 2
    I have the "factory" NAV unit in mine ['04]... It was good in it's day.

I started nickeling myself to death trying to add a back-up [rearview] camera... Then BLUE-TOOTH...

(then got jealous because my wife 's BMW X5 shows traffic conditions).

My best advice...

Don't do it... Just change it all out
    (Way less $$$ the PIECE Parting it together)...

it is possible to find adapters that will allow you to cobble you r future desires together one by one...

Then Bluetooth was a hole 'nuther can-o-worms.

Having been there... and seeing now what Crutchfield has to offer...

Call 1-888-955-6000 to speak with a Crutchfield expert...

They can help you choose what you want... assemble your shopping list... and then GO FIND 4 YOURSELF THE BEST PRICEd... professional & EQUIPMENT

Think about a better stereo, touch screen... back-up camera, Navigation, Road conditions...and reroutes...DVD-Player and hands-free blu-tooth phone usage... etc. etc.

and get Crutchfield to tell you which units have the best
    "FACTORY LOOKING" adaptations to your Navigator... BEFORE YOUR
    DASH ASSEMBLY IS NOT AS POPULAR...

(But take some comfort in the knowledge that I'm still able to locate adaptations for an '87 Porsche... from CRUTCHFIELD)

The modern Pioneer or Clarion Navigation Radio... voice command... CD/DVD, SAT... NAV systems are light years ahead of all but the latest Sync Systems...

Just be sure you ask what is needed for the radio to actively provide reroutes and road conditions...

They run the gambit from free to SATILITE SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED.

FREE is always BETTER!

Compiled study principally from wiki...

TMC (Traffic Message Channel): Navigation can provide you with even better routes if Traffic Message Channel (TMC) information is available in the area you are traveling. The TMC is a specific application of the FM Radio Data System (RDS) used for broadcasting real-time traffic and weather information. Rosen Navigation automatically takes into account the TMC data received and calculates your route accordingly.
    inst. kit

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12237_Pioneer-ADT-VA133.html

Crutchfield

Call 1-888-955-6000 to speak with a Crutchfield expert

keywords: Nav traffic, traffic alerts, RDS, TMC, Total Traffic Network (TTN), live traffic updates

Traffic Message Controller
  • revbakerrevbaker Posts: 1
    I'm needing to know the same thing, how to remove the center console but I can't figure out how to read the responses you received, only that you had 41 replies. Can you tell me where I can find them?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,297
    I don't see any responses to that post, other than yours this afternoon. Sounds like a mystery console.

Check Crutchfield again; they usually have radio removal instructions. The InstallDr.com may help too.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• I have a 2006 Navigator. I have the original factory Audio system in there. When I use the volume knob to turn down the radio, it actually turns the volume up... To the max in a half a turn. The steering wheel control works fine. Can anyone offer any advice other than I am out of luck?
2»