Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Town & Country/Grand Caravan Problem Codes

2»

Comments

• I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan with a 3.8L engine. With the check engine light on, I had it diagnosed and it shows a code: P0073. Where do I find this part in my vehicle and how do I replace it with a new one?
  • srs_49srs_49 Posts: 1,394
    P0073 => Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit High Input

I don't know where that is located on a late model 3.8L engine. I would guess it's somewhere along the intake air path, either before or after the air filter.
  • Check engine light came on this morning. Checked code and it showed P 0032. Based upon previous posts, looks like this is an o2 sensor. Funny thing is that my wife said it seemed that the heater for the interior wasn't putting out alot of heat over the past several days, and she just didn't think to mention it. I checked the water level, and it was very low. Added water.......of course the check engine light is still on and I am pretty sure this had nothing to do with the water level. Anyway, we are leaving in 2 days for Florida with the kids and it is about an 800 mile drive down I-95. Should I be concerned with having troubles? I have had some emessions sensors that I have had to replace over time (van has 108,000 miles), and have been told to eventually replace it. I don't mind driving like this by myself, but it is different with the wife and kids. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    P0032 is the heater for an O2 sensor that's located ahead of the catalytic converter. The ECU thinks the heater resistance is out of range.

O2 sensors need to be at a high temperature before they start to work properly. The heater is there to warm up the 02 sensor faster than might otherwise happen, especially in cold climates.

The 02 sensor itself is probably OK, otherwise you would have seen a different or additional OBD-II code. You should plan on getting it replaced, but are probably OK for the drive to Fl.
  • My '02 T&C has been acting up by surging when brought to stop, then sometimes stalling. Intermentantly, when starting out from stop it will 'skip' (like a missing cylinder or two) but when running at any rpm any other time runs smooth.
    The Speedometer will go from 65 to 20 and back to 65 while on highway (no change in actual speed or engine rpm). Does this at slower speeds too.
    Trouble codes are; P0601, O2, and evap. I don't believe the first is related to other two. Also have a text description of 'internal fail check sum error' message.
    Local tech seems to think it is PCM (transmission?) computer. I am under impression that there are two computers ... one for engine and one for transmission?
    What say you?? (Help!)
  • ndwyerndwyer Posts: 2
    I have a 2004 town and country van with a 3.8L motor and the engine light is on. my friend has a code reader and the codes that came up were p0073(pd) ambient air- temperature sensor circuit- high imput ambient. the van runs fine and does not overheat. does anybody know what these codes mean?
    It means the ambient air temperature sensor is probably bad. It has nothing to do with whether or not the van overheats.

Have the sensor replaced.
  • ndwyerndwyer Posts: 2
    thank you i will try that.
  • First we had amessage about our gas cap. Checked it, took it off, put it back on...tightly. Message went away. Few days later, the check engine light came on. Took it down, got a air leak code. Figured it was the gas cap. Replaced the gas cap. Light is back on. Is there any easy way to figure this out without a trip to a mechanic?
  • You know where's the camshaft sensor on 2001t&c can you help me to find this thank
    No, I do not. Sorry.
  • keithc53keithc53 Posts: 2
    My 2001 T&C has the ABS light on. I had it scanned and the mechanic said the code ( 02 ) was unknown to him. It had something to do with a fuel control/regulator or something. ??? any idea what this is about?
  • keithc53keithc53 Posts: 2
    My 2001 T&C has the ABS light on. I had it scanned and the mechanic said the code ( 02 ) was unknown to him. It had something to do with a fuel control/regulator or something. ??? any idea what this is about?
2»