Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Equinox Stereo, iPod, CD, Bluetooth, Sat, AUX, USB, DVD

Comments

• rsjlawrsjlaw Posts: 2
    My blackberry works great via bluetooth - no problems dialing out or receiving calls. However, I just got Pandora on the phone (which streams fine to a bluetooth earpiece), but I cannot get the damn think to play through the car's radio. Anyone have any insight? The only info on the web for this app seems to be for cars with "GM Music Select", whatever that may be...
  • lauridsdlauridsd Posts: 15
    As I have previously reported, I am still having a problem with intermittent blaring static when my iPhone 4 is connected to my 2010 Equinox 2LT via the USB port and I am playing music from the iPhone's iPod app over the car stereo. The issue happens most often on initial connection. Whenever I get the static, I typically have to disconnect and re-connect the iPhone, sometimes several times in a row, before I can begin playing music again without further problems.

The problem appears to be somewhat random, but a few factors *seem* to at least contribute to the issue:

1. Connecting the iPhone with multiple apps running in "background mode".
    2. Connecting the phone without the iPod app running, or without the iPod app running in the foreground.
    3. Switching songs quickly and repeatedly using the steering wheel controls.
    4. Whether or not I wait to dismiss the error message until after the vehicle appears to be connected and has attempted to start playing music. (The error message, which occurs every time I connect the iPhone to the USB port: "THIS ACCESSORY IS NOT OPTIMIZED FOR THIS IPHONE, You may experience noise caused by cellular interference and a decrease in cellular signal strength.")

Anecdotally, I seem to have the best success when I do the following:

1. Cancel all other apps running in the background except the iPod app.
    2. Have the iPod app running, and in the foreground, with the play list or podcast loaded (or even already playing) to which I wish to listen, before I connect to the car's USB port.
    3. Physically connect the phone to the USB cable, and wait for the car to "recognize/connect to" the iPhone before I dismiss the error message.
    4. Wait at least five seconds after each track / podcast begins to play before using the steering wheel controls to skip to the next, repeat the existing, or replay the previous track.

Any other NOX owners having this intermittent static issue when you connect your iPhone via USB? If so, what have you done?

:confuse:

Thanks,
    David
  • lauridsdlauridsd Posts: 15
    I ashamed to say I have not yet tried using any streaming audio / video apps other than the iPod app to see if the audio from the phone will play over the car's speakers. Does anyone know which (if any) other applications on the iPhone will play audio successfully over the car stereo when connected via USB?

Also, when connected via USB, I do not seem to have the full functionality of controls for the iPod app via the car's stereo controls. Specifically, I have not yet figured out how to switch between play lists, the full song list, and lists of podcasts or other iPod content. Is this possible via the car stereo controls?
  • I was having the same problem as the previous customer, but this solution does not suffice. After step number 2, the display says "not available", which is weird, because
    A. I know the car has bluetooth
    B. Whys is the option there anyway?
    Do I need to activate something first? What is the problem?
    Also after pressing the phone button on the steering wheel, the User Manual says you should expect the system to respond "ready", but nothing happens. If I press and hold, the dash says "call list empty" or something like that. I have been unable to pair any phones.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    jose138,
    I would recommend making sure you phone works with the in vehicle bluetooth. Here is the web site to check: http://www.gm.com/handsfree/index.jsp?brand=chevrolet&landing=true. Since you are still having trouble I would recommend speaking with your dealership/sales person. They should be able to assist you in paring your phone. I apologize for any inconvenience. Please keep me updated on your progress with this issue.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Thank you Christina, I'll be taking the car to the dealer this friday and whatever solution they find I'll post as soon as possible. I have an iPhone so I don't think there should be a problem pairing it. The problem is mainly that the menu options for bluetooth are unavailable, but the hardware is equipped.
  • Ok I got it... actually got it last week, but the issue was that a fuse was missing for some reason and the bloetooth device was not connected, so the settings would return a "not available" error. They hooked it up at the dealership.
    On another note, it case anyone else has a problem hearing a squezze noise from the rear/driver side suspension, it may have to do with a cable creating friction... I guess either a design mistake or perhaps particular to custom vehicles... they also insulated the cable at the dealership, so no more squeeze sound!
  • I am having the same issue with my 2010 LT. Did you ever figure out what the problem was? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
  • I am having intermittent iPod connectivity with my 160gb iPod and both of my iPhone 4 phones. I am experimenting with the iPhones - my current tests are to close all of the open applications , including the iPod application, seems to be working. I have no thoughts about the 160gb iPod.
  • roho1roho1 Posts: 317
    I bought an new Apple ipod touch recently and it wouldn't sync with my new computer and I couldn't connect to my home wifi network. After 2 hours on the phone with Apple techs they gave up. I packed up the ipod and sent it back for a refund.
    So maybe it's not the vehicle it could be an issue with the Apple.
  • I am having the same problem. Worked fine for the past 7 months with two different phones. I deleted the two devices and added them again and no-go on either of them. When I go to make a call, the bluetooth bimbo says, "calling...using (phone name)" and then, NOTHING HAPPENS.
    I think the system is having a brain fart, and I don't know how to reset it.

Side note: Both phones work with the bluetooth in our Malibu just fine, so I know it has nothing to do with the phones.
  • akarellaakarella Posts: 2
    listening to music on the hard drive. Shut off the vehicle. Next start, instead of continuing where it left off it goes to satellite radio,click back on HDD and it starts on songs already played instead of where it left off. Antone else have this problem? Solution?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    akarella,
    Have you spoke with your dealer? If not, I would recommend doing so.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • akarellaakarella Posts: 2
    Dealer re-programed the radio. working fine now.
  • Has anyone had trouble getting the USB to work at all?? The bluetooth recognizes my iPhone 4 with no problems but no matter what I do, or how many different cords, accessories, devises I try, I cannot get my car to play any of my music devices or my iPhone 4. It's driving me crazy!! When you all use your USB does the computer system automatically recognize that a device is plugged in or am I missing a step somewhere??

Thanks,
    Brooke
  • Just purchased a new 2012 base Equinox and notice it only has 3mm plug for auxiliary input. What would it take to be able to use a USB connection? Beyond the new jack in the center console, is the radio able to accept this use? Could it be as simple as getting a new jack and the radio woudl accept the plug configuration? And if I haven't asked enough, is there any place that details removal of the center console and radio?

Thanks in advance to all responses.
  • The first problem I had was with the time display, the time shown was approx 10 to 15 mins more than the current time. I would set the time and after awhile the time was 10 to 15 mins fast. I took to the dealer and they updated the software and it cleared the problem. After that I am having a problem with the HDD FAV presets. When I add items to the playlist FAV it works ok for a day or two then the Playlist FAV resets and I loose all the songs I saved. The same thing happens with the Albums FAV, the Artist FAV and the Genres FAV. The radio presets are working ok. I took it back to the dealer and they tried another software upgrade, problem still there. I went back to the dealer and they replaced the radio, that didn't fix the problem.. Has anyone seen this problem and maybe a fix for it?
  • I have an 08 Equinox and want to know if it's possible to buy a model factory stereo that DOES have bluetooth and install it into my car so I can have bluetooth. Not sold on ONSTAR and think it's a waste.
  • Anyone knows what pioneer stereo is compatible with the audio of chevy equinox 2006?
  • I bought a 2012 Equinox. It has the USB plug for my 30GB iPod. I've been able to use it for a few days...I can control it through the stereo...love it. However, the past two days, I plugged it in, and was listening to podcasts on a playlist for 10 minutes or so, and it just stops mid-podcast. The stereo screen is frozen, and my iPod says it's now safe to disconnect. I don't know what could have caused this. There's no problem with the iPod, as I use it all day at work.

Any ideas? Software refresh at the dealer?

As a side note, the bluetooth work great with my BlackBerry.

Thanks in advance!