Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR2 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,643
What did you pay for your new LR2?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• 2008 LR2
    Lighting, cold weather, tech packages. Narvik Black.

List: $40,350
    Paid: $38,566

X-Plan Price.

Cliff at Land Rover Flatiron Broomfield, CO was an absolute pleasure to work with.
  • Do all Land Rover dealers charge a $500 Services fee, or is it optional?
  • vinnieg1vinnieg1 Posts: 53
    Just bought one.
    No service charge so don't think you have to pay one.
    Paind 1200 under sticker.
  • Was that for a well equiped model with the technology package?
  • Just left a PA Land Rover dealership with this price:
    Technology Package
    LTP Lighting Package
    Cold Climate Package
    Narvik Black Paint
    MSRP of $40,350
    X-Plan of $38,966.32 plus tax

Salesman told me they are not discounting them at this time. The most you can hope for is a $500 loyalty discount if you don't have some type of a Ford Discount plan
  • I picked up my new LR2 yesterday from Land Rover of Dallas. Stornoway gray with Alpaca interior. Tech package, lighting, and cold climate. Got X-Plan pricing.

MSRP: $39,950.00
    Selling Price: $38,147.16
    Sales Tax: $2,384.20
    Inventory Tax: $88.54
    Documentary Fee: $50.00
    State Inspection: $21.75
    License: $70.80
    Title: $33.00

Drive out price: $40,795.45

I got them to throw in the mats too, which they wanted to charge me $250 for.

If anyone is looking in Dallas, ask for Frank Munoz. He was a pleasure to work with. They have a pretty good inventory of LR2s as well.
  • verdugoverdugo Posts: 1,995
    FYI

"You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information."

You should probably edit your post before it's deleted.
  • abuaishaabuaisha Posts: 15
    Was quoted $800 over invoice by an internet manager over at Hornburg West Hollywood.
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Posts: 2,197
    The fee is called delivery and handling and will vary from dealer to dealer - ours is $199. In our area they will go to about $499.
  • I've been shopping for a price on an LR2, Stornoway Grey with just the Cold Climate and Tech Package. No need for the Lighting Package. I asked for the best and fairest OTD price, destination fee, taxes, tags / license included. I told the dealers that the "processing fee" (which ranges from $379 to $399 here in the VA/DC area) was a total deal breaker. So far, the lowest OTD price I got was $37200. One dealer did say he thinks the price will go down some more. We'll see...

For those who already bought one, did you get an extended warranty? Did you buy from the dealer, and at what price?

Thanks!
  • gbkirschgbkirsch Posts: 5
    MSRP, 39,950 includes all options except the black paint. Stornoway Grey/Ebony Black interior. Gave me $500 Customer Loyalty discount and paid me $1,000 more than anyone else on my trade. Bought it at Land Rover Cincinnati where I had previously bought a 2001 Discovery from and was totally satisfied with the dealership. I'm a happy camper!
  • Can anyone recommend a good dealer in Southern California. Thanks.
  • eight74eight74 Posts: 6
    I bought mine at Encino Land Rover, Encino California

Tambora Flame
    Tech and light package
    MSRP: $39,350
    Paid $38,850 + tax and fees
    I got $500 discount through the Costco membership program
    :)
  • drojtdrojt Posts: 10
    Purchase From Alexandria VA Land Rover
    Blk
    Tech Pkg
    CC
    Floor Mats
    Invoice w/destination $36,300
    Paid $37,300
    This is one great dealership!
    :shades:
  • Yay! I'm so glad someone finally bought from the Northern VA area. I've been doing some emailing with the nearby dealerships, and from email and in-person experience, Alexandria Land Rover seems like the best place to go...

Congrats!
  • Purchased from Jaguar Land Rover Cerritos (Southern California)

-Stornoway Grey
    -Ebony Black Interior
    -Pixel Metallic Trim (switching it to the wood, because I don't care for the metallic)
    -Technology Package

MSRP 38,300 ($100 California emissions fee)
    Paid~

Invoice Base= 30,926
    Invoice Tech Package= 3,185
    Invoice Total= 34,111
    Invoice x 4% (X-Plan)= 35,475.44
    Destination= 715
    CA Emissions= 100
    Total= 36,290.44

Tried to get them to give it to me for 38,000 out the door, but the dealer wouldn't budge any lower as taxes in LA county are 8.25% (2993.96). So I ended up paying ~40,000. He threw in the floor mats too.

Cerritos was a very nice dealership and my salesman was polite, and not pushy at all. I will be seeing him a couple more times this week (to change out trim etc). Please feel free to ask any questions and I will respond as soon as I can.

I really appreciate everyone posting on these forums. It was really helpful when I was purchasing my LR2!
  • lkirby1lkirby1 Posts: 4
    I am looking for a LR2 in Houston,Tx. I want turn the key price. Need all options except CC. Anybody listening.
  • briacampbriacamp Posts: 1
    I got a good deal on a LR2 demo that was loaded with accesories. Details include:
    - 2008 LR2 w/ approx 500 miles
    - color silver
    - cold weather package
    - ton of accesories inc. weather mats, guards, hitch, racks, podlights, covers, nets, etc
    - paid : $36K total + tax
  • Good luck negotiating with the 2 Houston dealers who are owned by the same company. They insist on charging about $700 in fees that are in addition to TTL. It makes the negotiating process that much more difficult. I think if you can get an LR2 for 1500 off MSRP (inclusive of their fees) that is pretty good.
    I finally got it from Hornburg in West Hollywood.
    MSRP: $34800 + tax, license
    I got the car for $32600 + fees. Its like $500 over invoice. Better than X plan.
    See the internet manager. No hassle no haggle kinda guy. Very cool.
  • cookscooks Posts: 1
    Briacamp...what dealer.
    Any comments about the buying experience, what to ask for, how many dealers did you look at..will be much appreciated.
  • 08lr308lr3 Posts: 76
    36560 delivered

Cold, Tech, Light (the fab three) :shades:

Deliver in month - Nazca Sand - Ebony Int

i know my userID is LR3, but I'm getting LR2 - typo (ugg)
  • verdugoverdugo Posts: 1,995
    That's a great price. How much over invoice is it? Or is it right at invoice? (can't look it up right now).

Where did you buy it?

oh, and congrats :)
    Lucky for me, the military plan (: :shades: Can't wait to drive her all over Europe this next 18 months.
  • ronmathmdronmathmd Posts: 1
    Paid $700 over invoice for a Black/Alpaca one with technology and lighting package at Land Rover Encino. Had a problem with it's ignition switch so we can't pick the car up for a week. Hornburg in West Hollywood is willing to do $350 over invoice for anything in stock. Seems like an honest unfront guy. Encino gave us a loaner to use while ignition switch is fixed. Encino threw in floor mats for free. Also got 4.9 % APR financing for 60 mos. With gap insurance and $3500 drive off, payment is around $700/mo.
    Good news

payments for me 400 - ekk 700 :surprise: no gap here due to DP.

did they say what was up with the ignition switch? quality issues already - lets hope not.

oh, and i got 4.4% from my credit union :shades:
  • kahyakahya Posts: 2
    Got mine SE Base model (here it includes lighting) for $38,695 + Tax = $44,500. With license and insurance comes to $47,100.
    Importing fees and taxes really hurt us here. :(

But I'm loving my LR2! :P
  • kaefkaef Posts: 7
    Hi! I'm new at this.
    $36560 OTD is really a fantastic price. :surprise:
    Can you tell us where you get it?
    I'm buying no later the end of the month. Hope I can get a similar deal.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Well, the only way to get it is to be deployed overseas, and purchase via the military plan. sorry..

counting the days.. .. . .
    See internet manager in Hornburg in west hollywood. he gave me a best deal.and i shopped it all over the town, but his deal was the best.