Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR2 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• yed19yed19 Posts: 15
    Just got it last night...

2008 Land Rover LR2 HSE - Stornoway Grey with Ebony
    All three packages (lighting, Tech, and Cold-limate)

MSRP was 41,400

Car price was
    38,625 + taxes (WA taxes are 8.9%, I think), Destination ($625)
    4.9% financing through Land Rover Capital

They are having a awesome deal on LR2s right now 9as well as LR3s and non-supercharged range rovers (sport or not) and jaguars (1% over invoice on all) for the next few days. you have to be a resident in the area though, I think.

Accesories were extra on top of that price... Ski Rack, Rear compartment mat, mudflaps, 3M chip protection, and resist-all were all our add ons.

We are leaving on a trip over the mountains today so we are pumped to see what she can do...

I would definately recommend Seattle Land Rover (in lynnwood). Good people.

Although they didn't let my wife keep the bow that was on it when we got there. She was a little upset about that. :)
  • jax10jax10 Posts: 36
    Congratulations,

Thanks for posting the details.
    I have been thinking about the LR2 for quite a while. Just worried about reliability & living 5 hour (round trip) from closest dealer.
    Don't think I can get that good of a deal here.

Please keep posting about your experience with your new HSE.

I would have wanted the bow too!
    Have a safe trip.
    Thanks, Janie
    Well another selling point fo rus is that we literally drive by the dealership every day. It is less than a mile away.

They actually told us we can stop in and have the car washed whenever... not sure they thought about that comment before saying it.

The only issue we have had thus far (~12 miles in) is that the new ski racks whistle when you drive the car. I will be removing them before our trip. Not sure how to fix it though... any ideas?
  • Yeah I had the roof rails and crossbars put on my lr2 hse and have noticed some wind noise. I haven't put on the ski racks, but can imagine a fair amount more noise. I doubt there's a way to fix it unless Thule comes out with a front wind deflector. If its not too difficult I'll probably just remove the crossbars inbetween snow trips. Do you if the crossbars are easy to remove?
  • 1st time owner, upgrading form a Jeep. Just paid for my new 2008 LR2 on Friday ... BRAND NEW ... Tambora flame metallic with 11 miles on odometer.

MSRP: 34,700
    (no options)

Paid:$28941
    Tax: $1447
    Doc Fees: $250
    Total out the door: $ $30,637

Anyone want to buy a 2000 Jeep cherokee with low miles? :)

Very happy with this car, excatly what I wanted.
  • jeyhoejeyhoe Posts: 490
    Hey, that looks like a great deal! Congrats.
    So I think I may have a solution for the whistling...

When we got the car there were these rubber things that came with the car and I wasn;t sure what they were. I figured it out though... They go in the track of the cross bar where the ski rack attachments slide into. I am not sure if you can cut them and place the pieces to fit into the track with the ski rack brackets or what but I may try to do that in the near future (when we evenatually go up skiing.

The rover had an awesome road test going through the recent feet of snow in the passes this last weekend. The tires never slipped once! Had the snow setting on just incase as we were driving over snow and ice for the majority of the 4 hour trip.

we got about 19.3 MPG... I wonder if any of that had to do with the snow...
    LR2 HSE lighting & Sirius only....no tech or CC ..... quoted $36,200.??
    Want to buy, but want best price I can get, should I be patient & wait til after 1st of year at least?
    Not as good as some people who got one for 1% over invoice...
    What do you all think?
    Thanks.
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Posts: 2,197
    As far as we know, there will be no incentives 1st qtr. Deals are on SEs
    On HSE: one dealer says MSRP, but another comes down $1800 off MSRP??
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Posts: 2,197
    A deal may vary from dealer to dealer based on local demand and his inventory - basically, if you have two cars, yuo do not give them away, if you have 200, you work deals.
    Exactly... When the dealer offered the 1% over invoice, they had roughly 30 LR2s. Of which 14 or so were HSEs. So you can figure that they may have needed to move inventory.

Then again... maybe they are just plain crazy... either way.. I got a good deal. no complaints.
  • Dealing with the LR2 dealers in the bay area has been a pain. They were absolutely rude and deceptive. I had to drive 40 minutes to a dealership to find out the salesman didn't even have the car on the lot that he said had.

I ended up buying my LR2 in Rocklin. The salesman and finance manager there were awesome!. They were professional and congenial. They stuck with the agreed price and did not try to upsell all the coatings, extended warranties, etc.

I ended up with a full loaded (tech package, climate package, lighting package) white SE with Alpaca interior. My out the door price was 34,700 before tax. Land Rover is offering cash back on the SE now that the HSE is out. I was not able to get the 4.9% financing with the cash back, but instead went with low interest from my bank. Overall a great experience and I think a good price.
  • Just agreed on a LR2 SE with all 3 options at $36,250 before tax and title. Philadelphia area. How does this price sound?
  • Encouraging. I am also looking for LR2 SE in Philadelphia area. Will you say which dealer?
  • Got a fully loaded SE for 33,495!! Brand new Zermatt Silver with black interior. Like it a lot!! No problems yet. Also the bluetooth paired with my Q9M!!!
  • Land Rover of West Chester, PA. Finalized the deal at $34,999. Rimini Red SE with all 3 options. Out the door price with $700 trade in value was $36,505.44 which includes all tax, title and fees.
  • Hello.

We really like the SE and want to make a deal before year-end.

Here is the deal we were offered today on a 2008 SE with cold climate package only (i.e. no NAV and no lighting).

MSRP: 35,400
    Sale Price 33,400
    LEV% 69%
    Lease-end value 24,426
    MF .00134
    Amount Due at signing $1,514.68
    Monthly payment: 484.53

This is a 24 month lease with 10,500 miles per year.

Is this a good deal?

Based on what I have read here they should be able to come down more on the price (ie closer to $30K which I think is invoice).

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
  • Around Boston, you should be able to get a 2008 LRE SE w/ cold package for close to $30k before taxes.

The dealer has a $3k incentive, so if they offered you $33,400 ... you should be able to get $30,400. Getting the car at the end of the month will help.

I got mine w/ no cold package for about $29k.
  • Got my SE with Heat and Lighting package for $34,000 out the door four months ago. I imagine you should be able to do much better than that now that the end of the year is approaching.