Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR2 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• jlresqjlresq Posts: 14
    Are you sure on the warranty period--5/50,000. I thought it was less?
  • lrguy44lrguy44 Posts: 2,197
    The Factory warranty is 4/50
  • jeyhoejeyhoe Posts: 490
    Thanks, u2. I appreciate positive feedback like this. And I'm quite familiar with how tough New England winters can be on cars, having lived thru lets see ... about 23 of them myself.

I know CR isnt the be-all end-all, but it's a pretty large chunk of data. Funny thing is that the Navigator is black-balled in there too yet mine has been a dream (46000 miles) I did have a couple of warrantee issues and I bought a Ford extended warrantee at a good price just in case, so I'm covered to 75000 miles. I want to get something smaller (and better on gas :) next time and the LR2 is at the top of the list right now.
  • jjthecatjjthecat Posts: 11
    I wanted to run these LR2 prices by other LR2 owners. I got a quote for $466 for 24months/12,000 $1,400 start ups and that is with the $1,500 customer rebate the 36month one was actually $540. I asked about the X plan and he said Ford is selling them within a few days. I got the quote a week ago. The LR2 has cold climate package and is the SE. Between this and the Infiniti EX35 any thoughts from the LR people? Thanks in advance. Any real good points I can tell my dad would be great because he hates LR. Also, I was discussing this with a friend and he said "why would you buy a Ford Escape because that is what the LR2 is" Ouch. He thinks is A4 is the best. Personally, I'm not big on Audi.
  • jeyhoejeyhoe Posts: 490
    "I was discussing this with a friend and he said "why would you buy a Ford Escape because that is what the LR2 is" Ouch"

You need to get smarter friends! ;) The LR2 shares nothing with the Escape AFAIK. It is more like a Volvo than anything else. Which is a good thing from many perspectives. However, now that LR and Ford are divorcing, LR no longer has the connection to Volvo so this bothers me about the future of the LR2. And maintenance, parts etc. Seems so stupid to me that Ford put so much money into Jag and LR and now those 2 brands have more and better product than ever in their history and Ford sells them - probably at a fire sale price. A shame.

I've read reviews of the EX35. It interests me a lot. Looks real nice, and I dont like the looks of the FX at all. Most likely a more reliable vehicle than the LR2, based on historical data. However, off road or in snow, etc, I'd be very surprised if the Infiniti could come close to the LR2's capabilities.
  • newguy9newguy9 Posts: 2
    I leased one for $423 with 1700 at signing. I got the SE with cold weather & xenon light package. I've had it for a month & wouldn't trade it for anything. we just got 2 feet of snow in 30 hours (cleveland) - no one could move except me & my LR.
    I made the payment with a smile. My brother (dummy) got the infiniti about 1 yr. ago & would trade me in a second. I've also owned the BMW X3 the LR2 is better than both vehicles & tell your dad the service can't be beat, its FREE for your lease.
    One bad thing to note is that it does not come with floor mats (which seems petty EXCEPT that they cost $120 for floor mats) for the price of this truck they should come with it.
  • I have two vehicles in the family and have always had at least one SUV. Eighteen months ago I decided to get two cars (greener) with the winter car being a loaded CTS with dedicated snow tires. We had a brutal winter and the CTS did fine but it's no SUV and the complete lack of hauling capability in the family was a bummer. Enter the LR2.

Truthfully, the lure of the LR2 was primarily financial. I'm X-Plan qualified and with the $3K incentive on the SE it's a pretty compelling deal - especially with the LR2 holding it's resale value so well. Trying to find an SE with all three packages months after the incentive launched was a challenge. I managed to find one in a nearby State that ended up being an even better deal. It's Silver/Black and was entered in to the LR demo/loaner program but never driven (less than 100 miles). It's been sitting on display at the airport. With all the discounts it ended up being $34K. I'll pick it up this week sometime.

So why the LR2? I wanted something on the small/medium side. The usual suspects like the CR-V, Highlander, Vue, Escape are all soul-less and really tall economy cars with extra storage space. Next tier up is X3, EX35, RDX, EX350. I've owned and loved BMWs but as soon as you start ticking off options their price becomes comical. There's a $10K MSRP difference between a loaded LR2 and comparable X3. Also, you can usually get $2-3K max off a BMW so with my discounts the LR2 is about $13K less. The EX35 is new but they aren't flying off the lots as proven by a pretty hefty incentive only a couple of months after their introduction. The "coupe" SUV/CUV thing is cool but with 5" of ground clearance and no meaningful storage what's the point? I've owned Acura's and the quality of materials is great off the showroom floor but the cost-cutting starts to show about a year in to ownership. Lexus' are commonplace and passionless. So LR2 is unique because: it's "unique," it's a fairly new design so will remain fresh for a while, fully loaded is has everything I want (except Homelink), and it's predicted to hold it's resale very well (let's see what Tata does to that).

I had a new 1995 Disco II for about a year through an old job and never had any problems and loved the LR quirkiness. Quality is kind of a luck of the draw thing so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my LR2 will defy the JD Powers averages.

So that's my story; your mileage may vary...
  • 3dg3dg Posts: 4
    barry -
    I'm right there with you. Souless is a good term, and the reason I've not gone with the highlander, etc. I traded an Acura TL, which was great, but after 3 plus years, it felt EVERY bump in the road. Nothing wrong with it - I'm just getting old!

The fact that the LR2 isn't seen around much, even here in the Chicago area, makes me wonder. Is it so new and uncommon? Or is it not good? Either way, I'm one week into it today, and love it. Had the mudflaps added the other day, and tinted the front windows to match the rear.
    Now, if my blue specialty plate would ever show up, we'd be all set!
  • paulwleepaulwlee Posts: 2
    he said "why would you buy a Ford Escape because that is what the LR2 is" Ouch. He thinks is A4 is the best.

Ask him "why would you buy a Volkswagen because that is what the Audi is". (Which is as untrue as the statement that the LR2 is an Escape.)
    ok great, I would love to tell him that. lol.
    Just curious if you don't mind me asking was the $1700 out of pocket or dealer cash? How many months/miles? Thanks.
  • I've had my LR2 since last November and have 7300 miles on it. Not a single problem with it at all. I need to take it in for the sunroof recall, but I have not had the sunroof problem.

It's been a great vehicle so far and I would recommend it to anyone.

The dealer also gave me pricing over the phone before the test drive.
    Mine had 190 miles on it when I purchased it. It stickered for 39k and I got it for 32k (plus sales tax). Pretty hard to pass up a deal like that.
  • weideweide Posts: 2
    My dealer in Scottsdale AZ (2 locations) has been my source for my last 2 Land Rovers. Last week I was in the market for a new LR2 HSE. Supply at the dealership was low but a 2008 LR2 HSE (loaded $41400) with 4500 miles on it (company loaner) was my choice.
    In the past and now I have gone for the Certified Vehicle that has the extended 6 year 75000 mile warranty. I made the purchase for $36100.

Marv Weide
  • dcomberdcomber Posts: 27
    Hi,

Looking to purchase a LR2 HSE with Tech package in the Chicago area sometime in June and July. Just was wondering what the current pricing should be on one at this time, especially considering the fuel costs and economy. Also want to know what incentives LR is offering right now. Just looking to negotiate a good price on the car for a lease. I'm in a lease for a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Navi that is in good condition so wouldnt mind trading that in early to another dealer if need be.

Thanks for all your help.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,890
    A reporter would like to consumers who are looking to purchase an SUV right now. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information along with the vehicle(s) you are researching or looking to purchase no later than Tuesday, June 3rd.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ted_lewinted_lewin Posts: 1
    I leased a new 2008 LR2 HSE with cold climate package for $509/mo in May. The car had 80 miles on it. I paid the first month with no down payment 24-month, 10500m/year lease. Lease includes VA sales tax, VA property tax and all other fees.

So far I am only driving in downtown DC area and mileage is around 13mpg for speeds at10mph.
  • lr2loverlr2lover Posts: 1
    I found the only LR2 (white, beige interior, no tech but has bluetooth) in the Los Angeles area that I wanted and the guy wants to give me a 24 mo./10,500 mi lease for $465 per month and $3650 out of pocket. Wanted to know if anyone in Cali has bought or leased one recently and if this is a good deal. He says to buy, it would be $37326 out the door. Thanks
  • 19g8319g83 Posts: 4
    I have been shopping around the LA area for a fully loaded LR2. Searching these forums I saw that the Land Rover dealer in West Hollywood was a good place to go. Someone said that they were pretty straight forward and would sell for $350 above invoice.

When I spoke to a sales rep on the phone he told me they were in such demand he couldn't let it go for less than $1000 over invoice. His invoice price was $38,208 which is about $500 more than what Edmunds says a fully loaded Land Rover is.

When I asked about a lease he told me it would work out to $625/month for 24 months at 10,500 miles a year. Does this sound extremely high to anyone else?
    I have been shopping around the LA area for a fully loaded LR2. Searching these forums I saw that the Land Rover dealer in West Hollywood was a good place to go. Someone said that they were pretty straight forward and would sell for $350 above invoice.

When I spoke to a sales rep on the phone he told me they were in such demand he couldn't let it go for less than $1000 over invoice. His invoice price was $38,208 which is about $500 more than what Edmunds says a fully loaded Land Rover is.

When I asked about a lease he told me it would work out to $625/month for 24 months at 10,500 miles a year. Does this sound extremely high to anyone else?

As I read through these forums, people seem to be getting far better deals on fully loaded LR2's.
  • mbarcusmbarcus Posts: 1
    Looking at a 2008 LR2 HSE with cold climate package, bluetooth, and Sirius radio. It is a service loaner that the dealership is selling. It has 7200 miles on it. Selling price is $29995 (before any haggling). Being sold with the remainder of the 4yr/50000 mile warranty. Can lease it for $460/month (3yr lease-12k miles/yr) + tax, first payment, fees (or $490/month with taxes included). No other money down. Thoughts?
    Check out what some of the used ones are going for on Autotrader.com. This seems to be in the ball park.

19g83
  • bmac3bmac3 Posts: 2
    Recently purchased (end of June) a Stornoway Grey w/ Ebony interior with Cold Climate, Lighting, and Bluetooth/Sirius from the Paramus, NJ dealer. Shopped long and hard for this one. There is (or at least was in June) a $1,500 manufacturer to dealer rebate, it wasn't mentioned on any of the websites (Edmunds, KBB, or Consumer Reports). Therefore with enough pushing, I was getting anywhere for $1,000 to $1,500 under invoice from various dealers. The Paramus dealer ended up at $34,300 including destination, which is about $1,000 under invoice, but they beat competing trade in offers by a mile ($1,850) on my 2005 8 Cyl Jeep GC so they won my business. There was also a small doc fee around $150.
  • mrj0001tjmrj0001tj Posts: 6
    For what it's worth, I bought my LR2 back in March. Has everything but Tech package. Also is Narvik Black or whatever it's called for additional $300. I did a bit of haggling and even threatened to walk away if not given the price I wanted. I ended up paying $32,998. At the time this was in the ballpark of what Edmunds said I should be paying for it.I bought it as opposed to a lease though. Oh, and I live in CT.
  • ucla95ucla95 Posts: 12
    Just bought a new 2008 Black HSE loaded (MSRP $41,800) for $35,138 and that included free floormats (both rubber and carpet). $3500 dealer cash for month of October meant that they did it for $500 over the adjusted invoice roughly. Paid $175 in dealer fees so they still did well; but I did get the same as Carmax offered me for my trade too.
  • DO NOT GO TO Jaguar Land Rover Mission Viejo!!! I leased my 2008 LR2 from them in Oct 07 and had the WORST customer service out of any dealership I've ever purchased a vehicle from. I ended up speaking directly with LR's U.S. Manager in order to get anything done - ended up having them pay for one of my lease payments due to poor customer service.

I would highly recommended Land Rover Miramar in San Diego!
  • I am looking to buy a 2008 LR2 HSE. The sales person has offered 33K for a 2008 LR2 HSE with nav, lighting, bluetooth and cold weather, all the options. He will not move on price. Is this a really good deal. thanks for the help
  • it has 3k miles - forgot to say that
  • Got it for 31,000 including destination. Tech, cold climate, nav and bluetooth in blue with alpaca. Got lowjack and trire warranty for an extra 1k. Good deal???
  • I pulled the trigger on December 31, 2008 when they offered my 31K and no destination for a fully load 2008 LR2 (41,400.00 list). I got Low Jack and the tire/brake/rim warranty for another 1K. The car has 800 miles. Store owner drove it for a few days. Color blue with alpaca interior. Good price? No where around here would even try to get close. Baltimore, Maryland