Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Land Rover LR2 Lease Questions

Comments

• dcomberdcomber Posts: 27
    Hi,

Looking to purchase a LR2 HSE with Tech package in the Chicago area sometime in June and July. Just was wondering what the current pricing should be on one at this time, especially considering the fuel costs and economy. Also want to know what incentives LR is offering right now. Just looking to negotiate a good price on the car for a lease. I'm in a lease for a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe w/ Navi that is in good condition so wouldnt mind trading that in early to another dealer if need be.

Thanks for all your help.
  • bluesnycebluesnyce Posts: 1
    I got offer a fully loaded lr2 for 38,800 not including tax, license and dilivery charges...I want to lease but i'm not sure I got a good deal.
  • 19g8319g83 Posts: 4
    I have been shopping around the LA area for a fully loaded LR2. Searching these forums I saw that the Land Rover dealer in West Hollywood was a good place to go. Someone said that they were pretty straight forward and would sell for $350 above invoice.

When I spoke to a sales rep on the phone he told me they were in such demand he couldn't let it go for less than $1000 over invoice. His invoice price was $38,208 which is about $500 more than what Edmunds says a fully loaded Land Rover is.

When I asked about a lease he told me it would work out to $625/month for 24 months at 10,500 miles a year. Does this sound extremely high to anyone else?
  • sodasusodasu Posts: 1
    How about this deal?
    The Manager sent mail that,
    I have a 2008 LR2 HSE that I can do for $563 including tax with only $1100 out of pocket. I am selling the car for $250 over invoice plus $1500 rebate. Let me know your thoughts.

or one dealer sent a coupon that $399 w/o tax, 3650 down. for 2008 LR2 HSE. plus $1500 rebate.

Is this Good deal? both for 24 months at 10,500 miles a year.
  • muddyymuddyy Posts: 60
    Hi, I just noticed the LR lease deal on the LR website, a LR2 HSE (36,150) 0 down, $499 per month, 48 months. That means you pay $23,952 in four years and then you give the car back to them. This deal means no lighting, no NAV and no cold climate. Isn't this a terrible deal? Is that really the only lease deal available at dealers in NY?

I imagine if you get it with 3 packages, which brings the price to $42,200, then the lease would be exponentially higher, very near the LR Sport which is only $799 per month. Is the LR2 really worth these prices?
  • lem8lem8 Posts: 1
    in nyc looking at new LR2 for 36 mth lease 12k miles 3300 down lease 600 monthly payment. is this in ball park? seems high to me
  • Hello Car_Man

Would you have the current money factor and residual on an LR2 SE for a 24 month lease

Local dealer is quoting 0.0039 and 58% for Land Rover Capital. This money factor seems to be very high since it equivalent to a 9.2% interest rate I believe !

Also do you have any info on the lease acquisition cost from LR Capital . Quoted fees are 795....

Thank you for your help !

Wake Forest
  • Hi wakeforest. Land Rover's third quarter lease program is only scheduled to run through September 2nd. Through then, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 LR2 SE with 15,000 miles per year are an unbelievably bad .00390 and 59%, respectively. Land Rover obviously doesn't want anyone to lease this truck through its captive finance company right now. Its base acquisition fee is $595, so the dealer is marking it up $200...but it doesn't matter anyhow because you can't lease this truck using such a terrible program.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I was ready to lease a 2008 LR2 HSE and I certainly expected to pay for taxes and title and maybe even the first or last month's payment, but then the dealer said I'd have to pay almost $1000 for an acquisition fee and a handling fee. Isn't that just another way of saying "dealer profit?"

Can you negotiate out of either of these, or is everyone paying them?
  • Hi luvcarz. The last time that I checked, Land Rover Capital Group charged a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leased. Anything above that (other than the destination charge, which is part of vehicles' prices) is basically nothing more than a way for the dealer that you are working with to add more profit to your deal. I suggest that you look at the total selling price that you were quoted for the LR2 that you want, including all fees. If you believe that this truck's total price is too high, you should either try to negotiate a lower price with this dealer or shop around with a few other dealers.

Car_man
    Host
  • There hasn't been a post on this forum for over a year...my lease is coming up for my TL...I am all over the board on what I want next. How the lease rates right about now for a LR2, has it gotten better since last year when Car Man posted how bad it was? Anybody have any other options for some good lease deals....
  • Hi jenp123. There's definitely a reason why no one has talked about leasing an LR2 in a year, its lease program still stinks. It's as if Land Rover doesn't want to lease them. If you're interested in leasing a Land Rover, you might want to consider going with an LR4. That model has lease support available on it right now.

If you really want to go with an LR2, take advantage of the $4,000 dealer cash that's currently available on the 2009 version or the $500 on the 2010 version and either pay cash for it or finance it through an independent bank. An alternative to that would be to finance an '09 model through Chase at 0% for 4 years or 0.9% for 5 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • Any help appreciated for a 2009 LR2 with all three packages...is it worth playing Land Rover dealers against each other? Help me over this mid life crisis so I can go buy a Honda? What are people paying?
  • Maybe a silly question, but how do you get a 0% rate at Chase for 4 years?
  • For the last 2 questions. Buying is the only way if you want a LR2. the lease deal is a crime. They do not want that car back for what ever reason. If you have "A" credit ,than you can get 0% with Chase through the dealer for 4 years. I got a $ 41,800 for $ 37,000 and finance $ 36,000 with 0% with Chase for 4 years. I though that was a good deal. The car rides great and have zero problems with 1.5 k miles driven so far. The key is finding an 09' that u want at a dealer. It is getting late in the year and a lot of the fully equip one's are sold.

Hope this help
  • I strongly advise anyone who is considering Leasing/Buying a Land Rover to seriously do your homework. I have owned a Land Rover since 2004 (bought new). I have had nothing but problems. Land Rover loves taking your money, but they do not stand by thier products or craftsmanship. Maybe it's just the dealer and service department in Sarasota, FL, but I doubt it. At the least, please take a look at the forums on LR2 problems, Freelander Problems, etc. Know what your getting into. Don't just think because they have a Land Rover name and a steep price tag that you get what you pay for.
  • Sorry you got a bad one. My LR3 has been faultless gone 25k with no problems, just did a long drive at 18mpg and is outstanding in snow while everyone else is skidding into the ditch, including other 4x4. I've read about tire wear and I am still on my first set with loads of tread left.

My LR dealer is great, I bought out my lease at a great price.

All car forums will have problems because happy people rarely post.
  • Just mentioning it, and I realize this may generate wide opinions:
    I'm coming to the end of a two year LR2 lease of a 2008. The LR2 started strong, and is finishing as the worst car I have ever leased.

Aside from the overall poor workmanship of the car, what makes the experience so amazing is that when I told my dealer - -LR of the Main Line -- outside Philadelphia -- that I had no intention of buying or extending, they seemingly acknowledged that I wasn't the first to say it, and they didn't press at all. One of the biggest issues I have, and potential buyers should know it, is that LR employs a "Just In Time" philosophy for stocking parts at dealers. What this means is that many of the parts you need are not kept in stock, and ordered after your car is already there. This guarantees extra days in your Enterprise rent-a-car.

Not trying to burst any dreams here, but the LR2 is a very average SUV. Keep that in mind as you negotiate deals.
  • I second what "newsguy" said. I, too, am coming off a 2-year lease with the LR2.

The car is average at best. I will not buy another Land Rover again.

Sorry.
  • samminsammin Posts: 39
    I am still considering leasing one, therefore, could you please elaborate on why you were dissatisfied?

Was it the looks?, the ride?, the mpg?, the space? the service? breakdowns?

Also, what did you replace it with?

I agree with previous posts…I live in Westchester Co NY and work in NYC, I see maybe 1 LR2 a month vs the continuous steam of Sports and Rovers…but those are out of my price range, and for that money would go German.

Thanks for your feedback.