Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Tundra launch worse than expected

Comments

• anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,158
    roflmao! That was some funny reading, thanks for the link.
  • ltdan2ltdan2 Posts: 17
    i was talking to my field agent today he said that his co. had about 10 new tundra's coming for thefield agents because the f150 heve had alot of trans. & front end problems in day to day oper.
  • ltdan2ltdan2 Posts: 17
    i was talking to my field agent today he said that his co. had about 10 new tundra's coming for the field agents because the f150 heve had alot of trans. & front end problems in day to day oper.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,444
    the comparison to a hippo was unavoidable.
  • geo9geo9 Posts: 739
    BOB.......Wrong article link.
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    Garbage article full of BS from a pseudo journalist representing an irrelevant auto company.
  • wberkwberk Posts: 6
    a few questions regarding the crewmax:
    - None of the dealerships in this area have the crewmax model....when will they be available in volume? If ever?
    - on toyota.com when you configure one, if you try to get the 4.7 liter it defaults to 5.7liter...I assume 4.7 liter is available in the crewmax?
    - I would assume that the 5.7 liter gets worse mpg then 4.7 liter but does the 6-speed make them similar in terms of mpg?
  • dreasdaddreasdad Posts: 276
    Crewmax just became availabe- came out 2 months after the Double cab and reg cab. Toyota initally thought the demand would be higher for the double cab than the crewmax but now realize the demand is much higher for the crewmax than what they projected, plant schedules are being changed to make more crewmax but that will take some time

4.7 liter is availabe in the crew max

5.7 Liter gets better than the 4.7 in gas mileage because of the VVT-I on exhaust and intake ,the 6 speed trans and the manifold
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,657
    The CrewMax's popularity reinforces the Tundra's popularity as a "family" truck, rather than a "work" truck, as it has a short bed. That's not meant as a knock against Toyota, but is merely an observation.

As I said earlier, Toyota needs to make their 8' bed models more attractive to the work truck audience by increasing the standard payload on those models.

Bob
    In my neck of the woods Syracuse NY toyota is running
    a $299 a month $21xx down short term lease deal on a reg cab 4x4.......

Still pretty $pendy if you consider you can get a GM 1/2
    ton x-cab for a few bucks more.............

But the good news for buyers of doublecab 4x4s...........
    Lots are loaded with them.......If you have the $41k
    sticker price !!!! :sick:
  • heywood1heywood1 Posts: 839
    As a proud owner of a '01 Tundra LTD, I think the new Tundra is Uhhg-LEE! Although I'm still considering a new one, the looks alone are enough for me to wait for prices to drop even further. Toyota has managed to make the long-bed version even more awkward-looking than GM's now-discontinued LWB Trailblazer. I'm even considering an '06 Double Cab, as there are plenty of gently-used ones around.
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,495
    Give credit where it's due...

Tundra Sales
    Apr 07 - 14,200
    Apr 06 - 8,837
    change - +74.1%

kcram - Pickups Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

Oh yea !!!!!!!

The dummy head hit the steering wheel THRU the air bag!
    Gee..........Only suffered "minor" head trauma !!!!!

And only broke its foot too !!!!!!!!!

Seems like 1 safe vehicle !

No doubt the NHTSA test results ARE correct .........

But the toyota zealots will put some kind of spin
    on any negative result. :cry:
  • beliasbelias Posts: 316
    Well, I gotta think that the Tundra is doing pretty well so far considering that the whole industry itself did pretty poorly. I imagine that sales will continue to increase and level off some where around late summer. Maybe 20K to 24K per month is where they will get eventually. Now that manufacturing is picking up and they're getting more 5.7l engines and the proper proportion of body styles produced, maybe they can start to keep up with demand.
    Gas prices are digging into everyone's pockets though... it doesn't look like $4/gal is too far off...
  • Just for credentials... currently drive a 2006 Toyota Tacoma 2WD Crew cab. (No great shakes. Ho Hum, Gets the job done. When time comes to trade Toyota will still be my 4th choice)

I RV. I've logged about 5,000 Interstate miles (Il-TX, TX-FL-IL, Il-FL, IL-OH, IL-IA) since April and I like to do "windshield surveys" as I drive. Question is where are those "fantastic" 2007 Tundras? You don't see'em! My dealer has a dozen sitting on the lot so I know production is ongoing. In a typical day of 400 to 500 miles, I'll see M-A-Y-B-E 1! Some days ZERO. Drive around Decatur, IL, where my dealer is, and you might see 1!

Not long before 2008's come out.
This discussion has been closed.