Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tribeca Chassis Vibration

2»

Comments

• thecafethecafe Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I have contacted my dealer and am waiting to hear back from them. I also get the hesitation mentioned in one of the other posts.
  • jeosterjeoster Posts: 2
    Just to provide an update... I was experiencing the vibration on my 2008 Tribecca. I complained to Subaru and was contacted by a Sales Manager. She arranged for the torque converter to be replaced (no charge). It seems to have done the trick.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Glad to hear they helped you out. Odd fix, but hey, it worked!
  • I recently had the same problem with my 2008 Tribeca. The dealer replaced the torque converter, O-ring and sensor last week under warranty. So far no vibration. Thanks to all that posted their experience with this issue.
  • I am in Australia and have recently aquired a Tribeca. The problems that are expressed in your forum is also in the vehicle out here. The first vehicle I had shuddered, felt like it was missing when on highway driving and I complained that much Subaru gave me a new vehicle after they replaced the torque converter and a number of times doing upgrades to the computer. Well the same is happening with this new vehicle. It has only 8k on it and it is a dog. I have complained again to Subaru Australia and they do not want to know about it. I am now looking at trading in the vehicle foe a new Liberty its that bad. I would never endorse this make of subaru to anyone. They are an absolute joke of a car. Total waist of money.
  • vle3vle3 Posts: 3
    Just an update. It is now December of 2009 and we are still "shudder free" since the fixes noted in my earlier post. We love our Subaru!
  • Well, My Subaru dealer are as frustrated as I am.
    I have had three torque converters, numerous other parts and software upgrades.
    Also more recently "anti-knock sensors". The dealer phoned me that the car is still doing the same thing. Subaru Canada seems to be grasping at straws and based on the entries in this forum, I would have to think that they are about to have a major request for recall of this vehicle.
    I am going to ask them to take it back.......This is now 30,000km and over 1 1/2 years of this CONSTANT problem. Enough is enough!
    I just feel badly for the service people, who have tried everything and have been as helpful as they can.
    Good luck to you all! :mad: :lemon:
2»
This discussion has been closed.