Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HondaCare Extended Warranty

pacer2pacer2 Posts: 4
I would like to ask all of you a couple of questions about extended warranties for the Honda Pilot. First of all, I live in California. I have been offered a Hondacare 8 year, 120,000 miles for $1430. Is that a decent price? Should I even get an extended warranty? Any ideas on how to get a better price? For those of you who have the hondacare warranty, how do you like it?

Comments

• tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    You may also be interested in Honda Extended Warranties: Pricing and Info.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • plchanplchan Posts: 66
    Where did you get an offer for that price? I purchased a Honda Care for my Honda Pilot 8yrs/120k miles no ded for $1230 (with interest free financing).

Your price is pretty close to the one I got from online. You might want to go online and get quotes, and bring to the place where they offer you that price; to see if they can match it.
  • 9ergal9ergal Posts: 2
    IF YOU WERE OFFERED AN 8 YEAR, 120k "HONDA CARE" they are lying to you! They are offering an in house warranty only. Honda Care, unless within the pasat year, only offer up to 100K. I was the Finance Director at large Dealerships for Honda! be very careful!! If they offer you th 7 year 100K (that;s the highest they have) for $1230.00 and zero ded. jump on it!! good luck to you. JUST BE VERY CAREFUL. MAKE SURE IT SAYS HONDA CARE AT THE TOP OF YOUR FOR YOU SIGN, AND THE BOOKLET YOU RECEIVE IN THE MAIL, WITH A CARD! TAKE CARE!
  • 9ergal9ergal Posts: 2
    ALSO, AS I MENTIONED, I WAS THE FINANCE DIRECTOR FOR A LARGE HONDA DEALERSHIP FOR 15 YEARS! THEY DO NOT OFFER THAT, IN THE YEARS YOU MENTIONED. WHEN YOU GO ON LINE, GET A QUOTE, AND TAKE IT TO YOUR DEALER! THEY WILL MATCH IT! IF THEY HAVE ANY CLASS. THE ONES ON LINE, ARE AUSUALLY IN HOUSE WARRANTIES, AND MANY HAVE FILED BANKRUPTCY!! MAKE SURE AS I SAID, IT CLEARLY SAYS HONDA CARE!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU. I'VE HAD SOOOO MANY PROBLEMS, WITH MY NEW PILOT EXL 4X4, I WILL BE GETTING THE EXTENDED. ESPECIALLY THE 4X4. THEY PAY ALL PARTS AND LABOR, NO MATTER HOW HIGH THEY GO. THEONES ON LINE, AND IN HOUSE ONES, ONLY COVER @ 60-65%, AS HONDA CARE, IS GREAT @90%. TAKE CARE, GOOD LUCK, AND BE VERY CAREFUL. NO CREDIT UNIONS, CAR INS. OR ON LINE EXTENDED WARRANTIES FOLKS!
  • mercaramercara Posts: 291
    First: Lay off the CAPs key !!!!

Second: Verify facts before posting.

Honda Care does provide a 8/120 warranty. I just got mine mailed from Honda care and it says clearly on the Warranty Booklet.

For those who care, excepting for three states American Honda Financial Corporation is the underwriter of the warranty so it is a safe bet, unless Honda goes Enron. For Colorado, Hawaii and Missisipy the underwriter is Great American Assurance Corp based in Cincinnati, OH.

Case settled !!
  • vncoffmanvncoffman Posts: 18
    Just bought a Pilot and was shown a list at the Honda dealer that went up to 8/120.

Also queried http://www.myhondawarranty.com/ , from whom I bought my extended warranty for my Accord, and they said that the Honda site ( http://www.hondafinancialservices.com/Planning/new_honda.asp )was out of date and they would notify Honda. My Accord warranty did say 8/120 and did say HondaCare.
    I noticed that the Honda Financial web-site is out of date as it doesn't mention the 8/120 warranty.
  • vncoffmanvncoffman Posts: 18
    Right--Saccucci Honda ( http://www.myhondawarranty.com/ ) said they'd talk to Honda Financial about that.
  • melvs2004melvs2004 Posts: 2
    I have this honda pilot 2006 EXL with 4000+ miles. I noticed this period that while driving and pressing the gas to speed up I'm hearing a sound like humming or whistling in my engine, but when I released the gas pedal its gone and it will come back again when I press again the gas pedal. I have this VCM that shuts down the three valve when is not needed for gas consumption. I dont know if is normal or do I nedd to take it to a mechanic for check up. Please help...
    I wonder is it what other ppl mention about "drive-by-wire"?

You have a 2006 EXL with 4000 miles and I have a 2007 EXL 4WD which it already has 4000 miles clocked. :) It seems I have been driving a lot lately :(
    I am not sure why would even attempt to think I was lied on the Honda Care. I got the welcome kit with everything. Most of the local dealerships in So Ca overcharge on the Honda Care. I purchased the 8/120 for $1230.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Posts: 833
    are these Honda care warranties available near the end of the factory warranty?

I'm coming up on the 3 year date for my '05 Pilot and was considering it after having the tranny go out 6 days after my F150 factory warranty expired. With less than 29k miles I had to fork out $2,000 towards a $4,600 rebuilt tranny.

I could of purchased a Ford Care warranty 1 day before the expiration of the factory warranty for a reasonable amount.
    In hindsight I wished I had.

it has left me paranoid about covering my bases.
    You can buy a warranty before the factory warranty expires. It's cheaper when you get it before you have certain amount of miles.
  • mhm63mhm63 Posts: 5
    I bought a Pilot LX this afternoon. Salesman trying to sell 7 year extended warranty by telling me that it is free. He said after 7 years I got my money back. The quote price is $1400 and change. After I said that I am not interesting ,he said that I have to sign the decline form. I am now so worried about the form I signed. Have any one have this experience?
  • galabargalabar Posts: 6
    My dealer wanted to sell me Complete Care (by Zurich). The initial quote was for around $2400 for the 8 year/120k plan. However, after I mentioned online prices for Honda Care, he mentioned that we could get it for $1495 through a Costco membership.

How do folks feel about Honda Care vs Complete Care. Pros/cons?

Thanks!
    Kevin
    Tell him to take a hike and that you refuse to sign any forms.

Cant believe what con-men these guys are. Call Honda customer service and ask them if every buyer is required to sign a waiver if they don't buy an extended warranty from the dealer.

If I lived near you, I would personally kick the salesmen in the [non-permissible content removed] !!
  • Where did you buy it for $ 1230 - Was it online. Are you refering that there was a better offer to someone else :confuse: :confuse:
  • guys,
    did any take extended warranty from fidelity warranty services? it says you can go to any service center (need not be Honda certified), if required. They offer warranty for same price as HC.

is it a reliable company or does it create hassle when needed. please let me know. thank you
  • area123area123 Posts: 22
    I don't know why you wouldn't just get the Honda Care. Dealers will be much easier to deal with, I know becuase I've had a 3rd parth warranty before and they don't care for it.

The only reason I'd do a 3rd party is if your credit union had a very reputable company they had been using for years and they offered a money back policy if you didn't use the warranty. That would be worth it because you most likely won't need the warranty after the initial 36k miles anyway.