Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Subaru Legacy

I am looking to get 2008 legacy and i was wondering when subaru usually get next yrs stock.
aug? sept?

Comments

• willyhwillyh Posts: 1
    I heard the legacy Wagon is being discontinued for model year 2008. They are only going to make the sedan. Can anyone verify?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Sounds accurate.

All the wagons will be Outbacks.

All the sedans will be Legacys.

Few will miss the Outback sedan, but we own a Legacy wagon so that one will be missed. :(
  • subahondasubahonda Posts: 75
    The Legacy wagon (in all levels including the turbo versions) will still be sold in Canada and will be available for export. Canadian and US models have been identical.
  • lewboblewbob Posts: 1
    This is interesting. I live in Colorado and drive a 2002GT with manual and some upgrades. I had my car in the local dealers and browsed the lot. Not a single Legacy wagon to be found. I think they have already been discontinued here. LewBob
    Yep. They dropped the manual trans from the Legacy GT wagon, too. It was only sold in MY2005. :cry:
    I think the first few have been trickling in to dealers already. They should be widely available by the end of the month. :shades:
  • We were at the dealer last weekend and his information said the 08 models would be in the showroom at the end of April.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I wish Subaru would put up the specs!

-mike
  • i went to fitzmall website and they have some as coming soon. their msrp shown seems to be 2000 more than 07 model.
    I hope they make non limited GT or limited 2.5i with manual.. whose would be in my price range
    There is no GT non-limited. cars101.com has the MSRPs and the trims. I'm just looking for the nitty gritty specs on em.

-mike
  • canandian prices are alot higher than here. especailly with the exchange rate the way it is.
  • ehrens1ehrens1 Posts: 1
    www.edmunds.com has more information than even subaru.com does, right now.
  • xando05xando05 Posts: 36
    I was walking to my car in the Del Mar Highlands Shopping center parking lot and it drove right past me!!!

I looked twice at the car to make sure it was a 2008. The rear badge said 3.0. Unless the 3.0 version was produced last year than I saw a silver 2008!

IT was very dirty to say the least. I'm wondering it Subaru was conducting testing in the desert outside the san diego county line.
  • subearusubearu Posts: 3,613
    some '08's are at dealers and for sale it appears.

-Brian
    No 08 for me... :(

Found a perfect 05 5MT wagon :)

-mike
    Rare combination, mike. Very rare. Did you pick it up? Don't hesitate else it'll be done.
    I'm getting it from a friend actually who was on the 48hrs. He needs to get a pickup truck to haul the Harley he is getting in the spring, so I'm picking his leg up. I would normally not buy a used car, but in this case I know the owner so it'll work out nicely.

Satin White, can't wait to tint the windows, should look hotttt.

-mike
    Looks clean.

Def. get the tint. 35 all around?

I'd also take the A off the back and move the B over so it just said BRU. :D
    Probably get 20% all around :)

After that the mod list looks like:
    Hella Super Tones
    HIDs
    GPS
    Aux-line-in
    Hawk HPS or HP+ pads
    Another set of LGT rims for Faulken Azenis Sports for Summer tires as it comes with Nokian Snows on there now.
    Turbo-back custom exhaust (my buddy Frank who designed the one for the SVX will whip something in-expensive yet well sounding up for me)
    Possibly a Turbo upgrade and/or Cobb AP

That's about it to start with, once the struts are used a bit more I'll go with the specB suspension.

-mike
    Sounds good, mike. Plus you've always sort of carried the torch for old school Subies. Now that the GT wagon is gone completely you can continue to do that. :shades:
This discussion has been closed.