Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Subaru Legacy

12345679»

Comments

• Hey,

I was reading on this forum somewhere that someone tinted their windows and started to have radio signal issues awhile back as the antenna is on the back windshield. So i was just wondering is this a common issue and how do I go about avoiding this issue and still getting my windows tinted??

I'm thinking about 35% all around or even a little bit darker.
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    I have an 09 (essentially the same as the 08) and tinted the rear and passenger windows with 3M dark-Medium and the front windows with 3M light-medium. No issues at all with the antenna and radio reception. I also have a Toyota with the antenna in the rear window and the tinting there has never been an issue with that vehicle, either....I'd say just go for it....have never heard of anyone with this problem, at least here in Arizona, and we tint a lot of windows here.

HTH

Robert
  • bigearz1bigearz1 Posts: 20
    Hi,

Recently I have tried to do my own tire rotation for 2.5i limited. I jacked up the car and loosen all nuts.. Manage to pull the front tires out with ease. However when it came to the rear tires, I was unable to remove them. Is there a special way to remove rear tires or am I just not pulling hard enough? - I did not want to force the issue as the fronts were so easy to remove.

In addition, I have Yokohama Advan A82. From what I have read you're supposed to take the front two tires and just move them to the back on the same side. As for the rear you do a "X" like formation (ex. rear passenger side to front driver side)

Any help will be appreciated
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    There is probably rust on the hub and the wheel seized up.

Try some penetrating oil and tap lightly with a hammer (with a piece of wood between to protect the wheel). Careful - make sure your jack stands are very secure and do not get under the car.

Before you mount them again, clean the rust off. Not sure what you could spread on there to prevent that from happening again, maybe some anti-seize or brake caliper lube (on the face only, not on the threads of the lugs).
  • I have a 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5i that has 43000 miles on it and is just now getting the head gasket replaced. I'm happy that it is still under warranty, but upset because I thought Subaru had addressed this issue with previous model years.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,507
    It happens far less frequently now, but it can still happen to any EJ25 engine due to block design limitations. Only a revised gasket and the coolant additive make gasket failure less likely than in previous years.
This discussion has been closed.