Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Tribeca 2008

Comments

• Gold Metallic

Could you post a picture?

I'm trying to decide between the blue and the gold...
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    You can see a few photos of a Newport Blue '08 here:
    http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tribeca/tribeca2008photos.html

Also keep in mind blue is only available w/gray interior, and gold is only available w/beige interior. So if you have an interior color preference, that may help you decide.
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    You can find some recent prices here:
    B9 Tribeca: Prices Paid & Buying Experience

Also, fitzmall.com will give you a good idea of the lowest pricing that's available out there. A quick check shows their prices range from $28,092 for a 5-pass "base" model, to $35,108 for a 7-pass "Limited" w/DVD & navigation. Their prices are a good target to get your dealer to match.
  • As a lifetime member of the National Ski Patrol (retired after 37 years patrolling) I got a special deal through Subaru and the National Ski Patrol. So the amount paid for it "does not compute." ;) Sorry 'bout that :)
  • In the interest of speediness got to this URL for the color:

http://www.subaru.com/shop/configurator/step2.jsp?model=TRIBECA&trim=LIMITED7PAS- S

Have to find the camera to take a picture of the Tribeca in the sun. By the way, this color is only available in the Limited models.
  • Thanks, Jeff.

They have a blue one at my local dealer, so I've seen that color in person.

I have a hard time transferring on-line graphics to real-life, so pictures of a real car (in lieu of 'in person') is helpful.

I liked the champagne gold that they had for the outbacks last year, I'm not so sure about the "harvest" gold metallic (didn't they run that color name by some market researchers first ;) )

I do prefer the gray interior, so that may be enough to sway me...

And good point about the base models only being available in blue & silver. I went to the Subaru website a few weeks ago to look at the colors again, and hurried through the links. I just chose the first model, which is the base 5 passenger, and wondered where the other colors went :confuse: . Took me a while to realize I had to go to the limited models to see the other ones! (which I'm planning on getting)

Christina
  • I just test drove a 2008 Tribeca today and loved it! I currently have an '02 Outback LLBean. Drove really well and I was surprised by the get up and go. Was used to my Outback and with the Tribeca I nearly left rubber on the road when I hit the gas.

Plan to buy one soon. The dark gray with gray interior. Really nice!
  • mcq1mcq1 Posts: 103
    Wow that is good news. I am also considering buying one. I was also thinking about the gray exterior with gray interior.
    Thanks for the info.
  • OK, took some pictures this afternoon to show the color "in real life.". The car is slightly dusty (live on a gravel road).

The Tribeca drives so nice :P Really wished it was towable behind the motor home on all four's. As of tonight have about 250 miles on it. Had to pass a slow vehicle this afternoon and was doing 80+ real quickly. :)
    Very very nice. Let us know about the gas mileage. How it does? I pretty much have my husband convinced that this is the car that we want to purchase. We keep our cars for 10 years plus so I do need something with quality and reliability. I think Subaru is the ticket.
    Congratulations!!!
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,661
    Very nice. I like that color a lot. Keep us posted as to what it's like to live with—and compare it to the Outback in your garage too.

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Sweet, congrats!

Gold is a VERY smart color in terms of being low-maintenance and hiding swirl marks. It will always look clean!

I'm a bit jealous, I'll admit!
  • Thanks for the pictues!

Looks very nice "in real life" :P
  • Soon may be upgrading my Outback to the Tribeca.

Is there a difference in the cabin between the 5 and 7 passenger versions, meaning, seat maneuverability, space usage, etc? other than trading the third row in the 7 passenger model for the storage space under the floor in the 5 passenger model?

Still looking at the 08 Highlander too, but just can't feel the love yet. To me, the Tribeca has more personality and looks better.
    For 2008, they took out the "safety feature" where they limited how far back the 2nd row could go.

So on the 7 pass models you have to hit a release knob to get the extra 4" of travel. The 5 pass model goes all the way back, no more release knob.

Minor difference. I think they're also missing rear A/C, though.
    Is the interior easy to keep clean? I wonder about the light color leather.
    ??
  • Great thanks! I'm not sure what we would end up with. My brother suggests the third row model would have better long term resale value.

We just test drove a Highlander Limited. Nice and all but passionless. The ride was too floaty and the steering with the new electronic control is all wrong. It felt wishy washy. The inside was nice, but had a plastic-ey feel to it.

The Tribeca felt far more responsive and comfortable. I like the steering wheel of it too; it felt better in my larger hands. And the exterior looks far nicer to me than the blah Highlander.
  • I didn't either until I saw them. Puddle lights are white LEDs that are mounted below the doors. they shine at the ground so that you can see where you are stepping at night.

they also go on with the remote (which works from 100 yards or more on the tribeca) and make your car look very cool as it's sitting in the parking lot as you approach it.

I don't know how truly necessary they are... but they give a great 'wow' factor.

Re:
    #258 of 278 Re: Why Subaru Tribeca? [morey000] by mcq1 Sep 12, 2007 (9:04 am)
    Replying to: morey000 (Sep 12, 2007 8:15 am)
    I hate to sound silly but I really don't know what puddle lights are!!!!
    This is from Edmunds. Let me know what you think about this final comment.

Driving Impressions
    In contrast to the rugged, fun-to-drive character found in most Subarus, the Tribeca's personality is more subdued and maybe even a little disappointing. Handling limits are low due to the Tribeca's softly tuned suspension and ride-biased all-season tires, and the steering, although accurate, is slow to respond and low on feedback. For these reasons, Tribeca drivers will likely prefer to take corners at a modest pace. The upside, however, is that Subaru's SUV delivers a very smooth and quiet ride. And thanks to its new engine and revised five-speed automatic transmission, the 2008 Subaru Tribeca also provides sufficiently quick acceleration for a midsize crossover SUV.
    Sounds like someone just crawled out of a WRX and then drove the Tribeca.

Drive a Highlander, then a Tribeca, and the latter will feel like that WRX. :D