Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Tribeca 2008

Comments

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    I did a fully loaded on on Edmunds, came out to $45,565
    AWD SLT-2 with all the options. Dealers out here were adding stuff to em in the beginning I guess, but still $46k for one is way way more than a tribecca, albeit they are larger but that's still crazy.

-mike
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I think Tribecas top off at about $38k, so there's no question you can price an Acadia higher.

To be fair, it's a much larger vehicle, almost full-sized. Probably half way between the Tribeca and your Armada.
    Funny thing I saw an armada today next to a Suburban in a park, fronts were lined up, in the rear the Armada was only about 1' shorter than the burban, didn't realize it was that long.

-mike
    Yeah, the Tahoe is smaller, the Suburban bigger. So you're right in the middle.
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    '08 Tribeca rated #1 residual value among crossovers by Automotive Leasing Group. Press release below (caution, it's a PDF download).
    http://vocuspr.vocus.com/vocuspr30/Newsroom/ViewAttachment.aspx?SiteName=Subaru&- Entity=PRAsset&AttachmentType=F&EntityID=104712&AttachmentID=69efa320-4a50-48d5-- b823-1aaff92dd46e
    Very nice!

Nice to see Subaru stand behind their product, too. No doubt this is due to the high residuals they set for leases.

Good news for all, except maybe someone trying to buy a used one! :D
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    I guess tonight could be our Crew World Series party since last night's game makes me think there's a slim chance the Series might not last until next Thursday! :P

The Subaru Crew Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• toboggantoboggan Posts: 283
    OK, I see where the Tire Rack doesn't "do" after-market wheels for the 2008 Tribeca because of the TPMS. Any alternatives other than running the "all-season" tires all year? No, I don't want to go the dis-mount/mount tires in the fall & spring. :confuse:

I really want to be able to get through the snow when we have a 2' dump.
    How 'bout a piece of tape over the light? ;)
    Sorry with 2' of snow I doubt you'll be getting through it with your tribecca. I'm a subaru fan but even 2' is a lot for it.

-mike
  • The Nokian WR is an option. All season tire that is rated as a snow tire (snowflake emblem). We've been doing that with our Outbacks and it works for us as its avoids a second set of tires or changeovers.

Downside is that they are expensive and don't wear as well as some all-season tires.
    2' if it's packed will high-center just about anything.

I guess you have to clarify - do you mean a 2' total snow fall? You will pack down some and plow some more.

Around me there are always SUVs and trucks driving around while it's snowing, some treating the roads, others just driving around because they can, presumably.

So what ends up happening is they pack down the snow to about a 7-8" height, with two tracks for the tires, but it's packed firm.

The Tribeca has 8.4", correct? So you should be able to get around if those others have been using the roads.

I drove around with my Forester (in some cases with snow tires) and my problem was track width, i.e. I sort of had to make new tracks in places.
  • batman47batman47 Posts: 606
    I am on the task of ordering a new modern 7-seats SUV. Both models have mirrors with integrated LED turn signal which I like so much. Equally the CX-9 (grand Turing) has HID Xenon lights which the Subaru in the USA seems not to have although the Tribeca sold in Canada is sold with HID (Xenon) lights. Could somebody elaborate in this subject and inform me where in the USA I could order a 2008 Tribeca with Xenon lights.

I do not like moonroof in any car because a think this glass window decrease the structural rigidity of the chassis. It is pity that Subaru offers the Tribeca (Limited version) with a moonroof and it is not an option. However the CX-9 the moonroof is an option. However the CX-9 AWD is an option which is not in the Tribeca. I think if the Tribeca is sold with HID although it is 5-speed I will buy a Tribeca in spite of the fact that the CX-9 is 6-speed auto.
  • jeffmcjeffmc Posts: 1,742
    Tribeca can't be ordered w/HIDs from a US dealer, and purchasing one from a Canadian dealer would cost you at least $10,000 more. You could order the necessary parts through a Canadian dealer or online Subaru parts seller, and then have a local shop install. That'd probably be a somewhat expensive way to go, and a bit of a hassle, but it is possible.

Have you driven Tribeca at night? I think the halogen projectors it uses are pretty good.

Other Tribeca advantages: better reliability, class-leading safety, highest retained value in its class. Subaru has arguably the strongest safety cage on the market, so perhaps the moonroof isn't too much of a rigidity factor in their vehicles.

CX-9 has been having some reliability issues. It's certainly a nice vehicle, but for peace of mind at least, I'd get an extended warranty if you go with the Mazda.

Good luck on your decision! :)
    I like 'em both. Can't go wrong with either one, IMO.
    Why the hangup on HIDs? Buy a good set of Hella driving lights if you REALLY can't see that well.

-mike
  • morey000morey000 Posts: 320
    Mike,
    The tone and language you use when expressing your opinion is a bit degrading and not conducive to your status as a 'host' of this forum.
    I say spend the money on LASIK if you have poor night vision like I did. Helps more than HIDs and it transfers to every subsequent car you buy. ;)
    Stop Spamming, you've been reported.
  • I agree, he seems to be unusually upset regarding a common sense question; maybe he is on Subaru's payroll and is upset for all those sales lost to other cars that have such features that people want! And, by the way, the HID lamps do make a difference for someone driving a lot on two lane roads at night, and even on a lonely highway.