Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Hybrid Nav System Questions

Comments

• Yes, I do have several East Coast CDs to trade. Sorry to take so long to respond; hope you're still interested. Have the following East Coast CD's and will trade any one of them: New England (incl 1/2 of NY state), Ohio Valley (incl the other 1/2 of NY state), Mid-Atlantic, Southeast.

In return wish to receive the California,Hawaii,Nevada CD.
  • Would be happy to trade my Southeast Ford Escape Hybrid GPS CD (Map 9) for your California/Hawaii/Nevada (Map 1) CD.
  • OK, so how do we do this? Can we take this offline?
  • i am in need for the navigation disks for a 2006 expedention, i do not have any of these disks.
  • Trying to communicate with vanzanten who wants to trade his/her 2005 Ford Escape NAV system Southeast (Map 9) CD for my California CD (Map 1)
  • I will trade my Cal CD for the Mid Atlantic CD, Map 8. Do you still need it?
  • malibuskymalibusky Posts: 15
    About 1 month ago my disk began to sound funny and now the drive cannot read the the disk. I had never removed the disk prior to this occurring and it does not appear to be dirty or scratched.

Has anyone else had a problem with the cd drive not reading a disk?

I am out of warranty...any one else had a similar problem?

Thanks
  • I have all the others that I have never/will never use, but need the Southwest, which is where I live.
    My daughter took it out to put a music CD in and doesn't know what she did with it!
    Willing to trade or buy.
  • I had the same prob on the 2006 I just bought luckally I figured it out under the certified warranty so it was replaced by the factory I wish you luck I did not get a bill for the replacement but I bet it was not cheap.
  • I have a 2006 nav in an escape hybrid I have no :( discs for mine I just bought the unit and it did not come with discs. I live in SC and would be interested in your SE USA maps if you would like to get rid of them. tommygould@hotmail.com
  • I have an 05 ford escape hybrid and I have alll of the navigation CDs exept for the California/Nevada CD, which is basicaallly the only one I need. Would love to trade for some East Coast CDs, but I am willing to trade anything or even purchace this CD from anyone if possible because I really need it.
    Thanksss!

my car will not be :confuse: (lost) anymore...
  • I need the Escape Hybrid 2005 CaliforniA nevada CD!
    I am willing to trade any other CD for the CA one.
    you can email me at giggle91@comcast.net if interested.
  • rocktopperrocktopper Posts: 1
    Wont play music cd, put nav cd in and display constantly resets. Cleaning CD does not help. How do I remove the unit and try to look at the cd mechanism? :mad:
  • zephyr_boyzephyr_boy Posts: 2
    edited June 2010
    First time post:

I bought a used 2005 Ford Escape Hybrid (FEH), 78,000 odometer. So far, everything works great (2days ownership), however my Navigation CD used for my area (Map 1) failed to work. I get a load screen for about a minute or so, and then the unit would reset the whole radio.

So, I popped in the Map 2 CD , loaded up fine, got some GPS functions, to my relief: if the unit is okay, then Map 1 CD must be damaged. Visual inspection of the Map1 CD has a one inch scratch (going with the circle) and what I thought, a small smudge that is permanently etched (close to the end).

I read on the web that some people can make back-up copies of their CDs to protect the original CD they own, thus preserving vital GPS functions for the FEH. I tried to copy Map1 CD using Nero (V 7.11) but I had no luck. It couldn't recognize sectors, kinda went through a loop. see below for my computer spec:

Intel Quad core 750
    4gb Ram
    Windows XP Pro
    Sony dvd/cd Burner

I Googled "CD repair" and I downloaded a free program: "CD Recovery Toolbox" http://www.oemailrecovery.com/cd_recovery.html

"...use it to restore information lost as a result of some mechanical damage of the disk (scratches, chips, different spots on the surface) or as a result of incorrect recording. Thus, the program can recover data that was considered lost..."

After I installed the program, a couple clicks later (I enabled the ALL check-box) the program started to scan my Map 1 CD. It scanned pretty fast until it hit the 24mb (550 mb total) mark, then the program must have encountered the damaged area because it crept up very slowly. :sick:

It took a long time to scan my Map 1 CD, I say about 30 hours total. Thank goodness I own a quad core, so I can multitask while the program scanned in the background, it bogged down my computer (took under a minute to open my web, and a few minutes to open more intensive programs-but all worked with no problems).

I did encounter one major problem, my automatic windows update must have restarted my computer while I slept, :mad: when I checked my computer in the morning, it looked refresh with no programs running. I opened the folder where the program was saving my CD, and it was incomplete(only 4 folders out of 9). I noted the name of the last file inside the last folder that the program worked on, then I restart the process again. I checked "ALL" again, crossed my fingers that it would resume from the last file, but it didn't. :(

Before the new process started, I was prompt to replace the older files saved in my folder, I click the "No" button (not the "No To All" button) until I got to the last file that I noted earlier, then I clicked the "Saved to All" button.

I ate some breakfast, then I checked my computer, and the whole process had finished. :surprise: I then started my Nero program- I picked CD (not DVD)- picked CD-ROM(ISO)- copied and paste all the saved folders that the "CD Recovery Toolbox" saved. (default location). I burned the CD at the slowest setting (8x). I went outside to my FEH, popped the copy into my NAR system, and it worked perfectly.

I got a working copy of my Map 1 CD from my original CD that came with my FEH. :) Very happy (you can't order just one map CD from the Navteq website, you have to get the whole package-$200).

good luck.

ZB

p.s. I shouldn't say perfectly since I just did an initial test in my FEH with no problems. I don't know if all the files are saved, but it feels good so far.
  • stella9stella9 Posts: 2
    I recently purchased an 06 Mariner hybrid and it had all the nav CDs except the one covering Indiana which is where I live. Would trade for either coasts.
  • parkay1parkay1 Posts: 7
    Yes, am still interested in trading. Do you still have your Mid Atlantic CD? Will swap for California CD
  • tevyetevye Posts: 4
    I will gladly give you my Midwest CD for your California CS
  • Don't know how best to do this.... My email is jpickering95 @ msn.com if you want to send your mailing info and then I will do the same.....
  • Hello all seems like these discs have a problem with the california disc as mine as well is damaged.. If anyone from the east or midwest would like to trade i am will. as i do need a working california/nevada disc...contact me a srbracer@aol.com thanks Randy
  • Hi everybody.
    I need the 2005 ford navigation cd map1 for california. i have all the other cds. im ready to trade in. so just let me know which one you need and well make it happen.

contact me on fabianegger1@gmail.com
    thank you very much!

fabian