Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Genesis Sedan 2009+

Comments

• One more thing...

Before I buy a car, I review every important aspect of the car. Tires are a major factor in performance, ride comfort, and future maintenance costs. If I were buying a Genesis, I'd have walked onto the dealer lot equipped with knowledge from these tire reviews. Not only would I have the dealer check tire PSI before test driving the different Genesis trims, but I would take the car on all different types of road surfaces, at speeds up to 75 MPH. If the dealer had a problem with me test driving the car for 20, 30, or 40 miles, I'd have said "take care, bye now" and moved on to the next dealer.

If I found the ride to be unacceptably rough on certain surfaces, and the PSI to be set properly on all 4 tires, and if I really liked everything else about the car... I would tell the dealer "replace these harsh Dunlop tires with some Bridegestone Turanza Serenities, or some Michelin Primacy MXV4's, and I will buy this car." Sure, it's maybe a $500 loss for the dealer (at their cost), but they really want to sell that $35,000 or $40,000 car. Any dealer who is too stingy to make that slight compromise would not get my business. Period.

Please note, I'm not trying say Dunlop tires are bad. In fact, I've read that they provide incredible grip during track testing. Genesis buyers who value road grip more than anything else would very likely want to keep the OEM Dunlop tires on the car.
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,863
    So you have been suffering for 2 weeks, having endless meetings with Hyundai regional people, have decided to sell the car and just today joined Edmunds to make your first post here? LMAO !!!! Not a twin, a clone.

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

• bobadbobad Posts: 1,587
    Not a twin, a clone.

That wasn't even hard to figure out. :blush:
  • Someone, using a different name, but using the same language, descriptions,complaints, etc has told this story many, many many times on the other Genesis site. Motive?
  • "Based on the fact that your response to my posting has nothing to do
    with the Genesis discussion, you're the pot calling the kettle black
    !"

The saying goes'The stove calling the kettle black.'
    If you're going to quote something, it least do so correctly Mr. Stove.
    Coming from someone who is black . . that's really funny!

In response to your bad choice of wheel and tires, is that because of peer pressure?
    Or do you really enjoy that jiggly hard feel every pebble type ride?
    None of my business you must agree. After all, it is your ride.

Sorry about you front end noise. Hope the dealer can find and fix it.
    Perhaps one of your expensive tweeters is chirping? :confuse:
  • bobadbobad Posts: 1,587
    Someone, using a different name, but using the same language, descriptions,complaints, etc has told this story many, many many times on the other Genesis site. Motive?

Probably a Lexus owner that's embarrassed for paying too much, so he creates sock puppets to agree with himself about non-existent problems. :P
  • JohnNWJohnNW Posts: 25
    I'm not sure all can be boiled down to tires. I have tried 30 psi in the tires - no difference. The odd thing is that the ride is very good in the rain - none of the concerns are evident when it rains - any insights on that?. That of course makes one think tires, but the reps thought the tires were carefuly chosen..... A Mercedes tech also suggested yesterday that I have the alignment checked out more thoroughly. I don't think they really checked that when I first brought it in since they felt all was normal. I'll try that and see what comes up.
  • allmet33allmet33 Posts: 3,557
    Maybe it depends on where you came up...growing up, it was always said, "The pot calling the kettle black. Oh, by the way, this is just for you. I googled the phrase "stove calling the kettle black" and this is what came up:

GoEnglish.com - Idioms

Peer pressure for some wheels??? I don't follow everyone else, I lead my own way. Like I said before, until you've had a ride in it...you really can't say much for how the ride feels. Trust me, far from a hard jiggly feel you suggest.

Obviously, you didn't follow my threads about my sound system, the tweeters are the factory tweeters and the only noise coming from the sound system is beautiful music...thank you for your concern though.
  • kourykoury Posts: 225
    You clearly have a lemon as your experiences are NOT in tune with the vast majority of Genesis owners.

Or, as others have stated, you are a clone. I suspect the latter.
    Has anyone chanaged tires and found an improvement or change in the ride? What would be a good tire choice? I'd think a summer touring tire would be a good choice - at least for non-winter months anyway.
    Hi Stanco -

Yes, it's been a bit of an ordeal. I've been trying to get as much insight as possible to help me decide what to do, etc.. I don't worry too much what others say. I've found that it is very easy to question motive - as if someone for some unknown reason would just devote one's life to posting bad stuff about the Genesis. I have no trouble believing those who sya they have no concern about the ride or any negative experience. I'm not sure, however, why they have so much trouble believing anyone else may have an issue or concern. And why they are so threatened by those that do? I guess I COULD question the motive of those who are perfectly happy and yet can't refrain from constantly commenting on an issue they have no concern about. Not sure why they can't tolerate any negative experience at all. And yes, I have I detailed my issue in the Genny owners suspension forum to try to get some insight and find others with similar experience. Not sure why that should bother anyone. If you're happy with your ride then why keep commenting on this topic? I am in contact with several others who have similar feelings about their ride - feel free to contact me if you like Stanco and I can share what I know at this point!
  • To be honest I have to question your motives, as well as your truthfullness...

JohnNW:
    Last Login: February 14, 2009

Seems like the ONLY posts you have made were in this forum, AFTER some others were questioned in regards to their truthfullness on the suspension "dangers". Then you appear... Hmmmm.
  • Why people will create multiple ID's on this forum, just to try to make people believe something. I don't get it. What is the point of it?
    I agree. It should not be allowed.

Probably a Lexus owner that's embarrassed for paying too much

Bobad, I am a Lexus owner (actually own 2) but I certainly recognize a great car when I see and drive one and the Genesis fits the bill. I have noticed that it is mainly
    European car fans who turn their noses up at the Genesis.

Probably a Lexus owner that's embarrassed for paying too much

Bobad, I am a Lexus owner (actually own 2) but I certainly recognize a great car when I see and drive one and the Genesis fits the bill.I have noticed that it is mainly
    European car fans who turn their noses up at the Genesis.

• joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    After receiving constant degrading from the fabulous 5 "know it alls",spearheaded by allnet33,backy, captain,joe97,bfriended and koury.

We are degrading you? I don't know, but it seems like you've been taking personal shots at us more often than not, like the quoted text above (by the way, I see 6 posters, in all ;) )

Speaking personally, just because I have posted different side of my experience of the vehicle, do not confuse as "constant degrading"; I would think others came with similar intentions.

Anyway, you may have drawn the bad luck of a defective vehicle, and as Backy mentioned, please take corrective actions if that was the case - ALL automakers have lemons.
  • kourykoury Posts: 225
    Just curious...what is your handle in the Geneis forum?
  • "...the reason I bought the car was for a soft quiet ride. This tire does not excel in these areas. I have owned tires half the price of these Dunlops that ride better with less noise. Will replace with another brand in about 5000 miles."

Wow, I can't imagine being more isolated from anything going on with respect to driving than with the LS430. Maybe he should could consider a Buick. :P

I think the car (the Genesis) is marketed as a sport sedan, implying there should be some sport. I didn't think the ride comfort is less than others in class (CTS, G35/37, G8) although rolling retirement homes masquerading as entry level luxury cars (ES350, Acura TL) might have a better ride.

I think there are enough cars out there that if this one isn't a good compromise of ride/handling, there are other choices. It doesn't seem like the best candidate if grip and handling aren't priorities. Maybe the Lincoln MKS?
  • mtnman1mtnman1 Westerville, OhioPosts: 382
    but I would take the car on all different types of road surfaces, at speeds up to 75 MPH. If the dealer had a problem with me test driving the car for 20, 30, or 40 miles, I'd have said "take care, bye now" and moved on to the next dealer.
    This is way off your point and the discussion in this thread, but this reminded me of a local large Honda dealership in the Columbus, Ohio area. I have checked out the Accord and the Pilot during the last two new vehicle purchases. They only had one vehicle of each type that they would allow you to take out on a test drive and they told you exactly where you could drive it by giving you specific directions. The test drive was only about 6 or 7 miles long. It was the most pathetic way of doing business I've ever seen. I guess Honda buyers are so blindly loyal that it didn't matter to them. Major turn off for me in both instances.