Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura MDX Extended Warranties

124»

Comments

• mdxer7mdxer7 Posts: 8
    I called both Acura & Honda neither sell the Acura Care Warranty. They must be bought through a dealer. I found a few dealers on-line that will send you a quote. One was Curry (Acura confirmed they were a valid dealer) another was from Florida... Curry's quote was the best so far even beating my local dealer where I'm buying my new 2012 MDX.

I keep my vehicles a long time - my present is an 2001 MDX w/219K miles on the original engine which is still running strong. I did have the 7/100 warranty and surpassed it long ago. I recall at least three repairs that my warranty covered the last just over 100K (dealer honored my warranty because I had had all the preventive Maint done there) and it was for a new transmission (2001 - 06's had major tranny issues). My first warranty cost me $1600 in 2001 and was well worth it.

Now back to the present. Quotes I've received for the 8/120 have ranged from $2580, $2510, and $2280 from Curry. I will probably end up buying online from Curry unless my dealer has a change of heart. Acura's are wonderfully reliable...however, that being said, one major repair and you come out ahead. For me - I keep my cars long and it has been worth it (actually for two Acuras) in the past.

Good luck!
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    My 2005 MDX extended care warranty will expire in 3000 miles. Based on your long term experience, what item(s) in addition to the transmission, would you recommend I have the local dealer check prior to expiration. I have had all the required maintenance since buying the vehicle. I want my "ducks lined up" in case I have some costly issue after the expiration.
  • solaris72solaris72 Posts: 15
    I bought a new MDX 2012 yesterday and my dealer offered me an extended Warranty 8 year/100 miles from costguard for 1900$ (Full coverage)
    Is this warranty good? Is the price is reasonable? Do i have any other option, since this is my first Acura vehicle?
  • We bought a 2012 MDX Base model from a local dealer at Springfield, NJ. They offered us Total Protection Plus package from Auto Knight for $990/-. Did anyone buy this package before? If yes, how was your experience with it? I got a quote for Acura Care for 6yrs/70k miles for $1,035/- for $0 deductible. I'm trying to decide whether I should by Acura care program or Total Protection Plus or both.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
  • Hi, I'm new to the forums and had a few questions I was hoping to get answered. I purchased a 2012 MDX in Texas about three months ago and bought the extended warranty from the dealer, a 7yr/100k for ~$2600, along with dent coverage for $800 and resistall protection $870. After getting a good deal on the MDX (over 5k below MSRP) these additional purchases seemed to make sense but I'm having buyer's remorse now. Also after seeing some of the prices others have posted for warranties I'm sure I over paid.

I'm wondering if any one has any experience with the resistall pricing and the dent coverage as well. Looking back I think I overpaid on these as well, although at the time of purchase I was assured by the financing department that I was getting these packages for about $50 above cost. Is the warranty price too high and should I/can I return it? Any limitations on the resitall or dent coverage that any one has had experience with? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,451
    edited January 2013
    A lot of that stuff is non-refundable for a reason.

atoms2me, "To ResistAll or Not To..." #15, 13 Jan 2013 1:14 pm

You may be able to cancel the extended warranty, but if you decide you want another one, you likely won't be able to buy the Acura one again.

I'd let the dealer know how you feel (and maybe hint that you're learning your way around social media). They may do something for you. If not, go find Facebook, Twitter and the dealer review sites (like ours) and let others know about your experience.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I purchased a 2011 MDX with Navi at the end of May 2011. Now, not quite 2 years later, I have racked up 49,300 miles. I anticipate continuing to drive about 25,000miles/yr for the next 2 years. After 2 years, the amount of driving should decrease to 15,000miles/ yr. I would like to keep the car for at least 2-4 more years. I live in FL and the Acura dealership quoted a 3yr/100,000 mi warranty for $2,820 and a 4yr/120,000 warranty for $4,720 (both figures don't include tax.). Given that I will reach 100,000 miles in 2 more years, the warranties seem expensive. I have previously leased MDXs (2001, 2004, 2008) but have returned them at the end of 3 or 4 years, so have no experience with the need for expensive repairs on MDXs once they have in excess of 50,000 miles. Would greatly appreciate prompt feedback on whether or not to purchase the extended warranty, and whether price is reasonable!!! Thanks.
  • ketiketi Posts: 1
    Hi, we just purchased our first acura ever, an MDX 2013 advance for $45.5k. The sales person was pushing heavily the extended acura care warranty but we declined. Fist he said it cost $3,999 for 4 more years (thus 8 yrs total) and another 50k miles (so total 100k miles). Price went down to $3,100 when we said we are costco members and then again down to $2,400 when we kept declining. We declined but now i am wondering whether it makes sense to have it given all the buttons and computers in the car... I would appreciate any thoughts folks here may have. Thanks!
  • mdxer7mdxer7 Posts: 8
    I bought a 2012 MDX last March and purchased the 8 yr/100K in the Northern VA area and paid $2380 for the extended warranty. I purchased one on my 2001 MDX and used it (over 240K miles when it died in 2012). I plan on keeping this one just as long and wont be driving as much (retiring in 2015). You can shop around the various Acura dealers for the warranty just make sure you're comparing apples w/apples. They will usually match if you can show them another dealers quote (email will due).
  • csriram45csriram45 Posts: 53
    I was at 5927 miles so was shopping to get the care... I just bought it from curry acura. Dale was great and straightforward and the entire process took less then 10 minutes....
  • perry811perry811 Posts: 1
    Csriram45,
    Good to know that you have bought that from Curry. May i confirm with you that if you are referring to "curryacuracare.com", or the actual Curry Acura dealer in NY?
  • malimmalim Posts: 1
    Can you please tell me from which dealership did you buy acura mdx 2013 advance for $45.5? Is this the final cost. Please reply. Thanks
  • Hello everyone,

I just purchased an 2010 Acura MDX Tech. It is a pre-owned certified from an Acura dealer here in IL. I am little confused regarding the extended warranty. Dealer is offering a 7yr/100K miles extended warranty for $1300 but the date of warranty starts when the MDX was originally sold as "new'. Therefore, this extended warranty ends in 2017. I asked the detaler what if I were to purchase the warranty right before the original 4yr/50K miles warranty so that new extended warranty would start from date of warranty purchase. They are saying that if a car is "certified" then I will not be able to purchase extended warranty when the original warranty is about to expire. The dealer says that I would only be able to purchase it like that if the car was not a "certified" one. Supposedly, certified car fall into a different category than a regular used car when it comes to extended warranty. Does this make sense? Can you someone help me understand this better?

Thanks.
    MH
124»