Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Pacifica Gas Mileage

Comments

• waterdrwaterdr Posts: 307
    That is really poor. I have averaged 19 - 19.5 on the last two tanks and see 23 - 25 on the highway. Fuel economy should ntot be that different.....yikes.

BTW, you will be equally ticked about the Highlander Hybrid. While you will do better, plenty of people aggrevated about them as well when it comes to not matching the claimed MPG.
    I see the Highlander Hybrid is rated in the mid 20's, but folks claiming 20 - 21 mpg average....2 mpg better then what I am getting. All from a car that has a $35k - $40k MSRP and they get a premium for the Hybrids to boot.

I am just not convinced about Hybrids in general. Technology is just not there yet.....not worth the price to me.
  • faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    8000 miles and 20 to 22 in local hilly area, to 24.3 on 140 mile jaunt. I think 25 is a real mpg on a longer trip.

farout
  • First off the dash readout isn't 100%, the only real way to get your MPG is to take your trip mileage and divide it by the amount of gas used.
    2005 Touring, AWD highway I get 18.5. there is a small portion of stop and go (bumper to bumper).
    Its a decent car, good in snow, bad on gas. Front end is getting clunky, lets hope its not a ball joint.
    Also is due for a tune up, and a timing belt. (80K miles). Just put on new tires by cooper, WOW much better than the junk stock tires.
    You might not know that the 07 has a 4.l engine and a 6 speed automatic, which makes better fuel mileage. I do not go by the computer, I use actual gallons used into the miles at the last fill up until now, However the computer is not very far off, compared to other Jeep Vehicles I have owned.

farout
    I have found the computer to be nearly spot on, but I have not had the car long. My Saab's computer reads consistently 5% high.

Most of these devices work by "calculating" the fuel consumption rather then measuring it. I don't know how the Pac works. On most cars the computer calculates fuel consumption by looking at fuuel injector pulse widths. Assuming the car has an accurate O2 sensor (which narror-band units are not the best), you can get a pretty close approximation.

The 6 speed helps a bunch on the newer ones I would imagine.
  • nuruc7nuruc7 Posts: 98
    I just traded my 05 touring in on an 07 base AWD with the 4.0 L engine. I had 89500 on my 05, ,perfect car, no trouble with that car (it was slow though) and it stayed at 19 - 20 mpg on the highway (measured by noting the amount of gas to fill up after trips). I got a good deal on this newer car so I am also hoping that the improvements on the 07 are as good as they say as far as mileage (24 highway). One thing I would like to ask is in my 05 touring the EVIC, gave me a some estimates on fuel economy and distance to empty. This new car's EVIC does not provide the same info, it just tells me is there is an issue or it tells me the service interval - is there anyway to, simple to upgrade or fix this issue?
    I have a 2007 Limited AWD. The EVIC on my car provides the same info that you claimed your 05 did. I wonder if you have an issue or if it is just setup incorrectly.

Glad to see a PAC owner returning again for a new one.

How do you like the new motor and the 6 speed? Do you have a FWD or an AWD?
    Sorry to respond so slow....you are correct, but the pressure does not change by that much. I see an increase of about 2 to 3 lbs from cold to sustained highway speeds, but I also suppose it depends on ambient temps as well. I fully intend to pull a few lbs out in the summer.

On my Mustang I routinely run my pressure in the rear tires at about 26 psi as I need all I can to get traction. When drag racing, I drop it to 18 lbs and pump the fronts up to about 42.

The lower the pressure, the larger the footprint.

Lower pressure equals softter ride and better traction. Higher pressure equals firmer ride and better fuel economy. You just need to choose your battle and decide what you want.
    Oh the new motor and transmission combination is quite strong. It does get there faster, a lot faster than the 05 touring I traded, and once it is there then is rides comfortably at 2k rpms at the same speeds or greater that the 05 would be running at 3k or better. So it looks like I will be saving a bunch on gas. I am pretty sure that car is not set-up correctly for EVIC. However it is telling me that 3 tires are under inflated and I am gonna review the manual to see if certain faults lock the reporting up until it is cleared/or the problem is corrected. Also I see in the manual that the cars come with the base speedo cluster and the Premium speedo cluster, and mine is a base model with AWD and the 4.0L, and it has the Premium speedo cluster and EVIC controls, so the EVIC is there but appears to be not working correctly. Hopefully there is no difference between the base, touring and Limited as far as the standard EVIC is concerned if it is installed. I know different options would not be present.

I will let you all know what is happening later after the dealer gets back to me. Yes I could not pass up the deal they were giving me to get me oput of my upside down 05 car with 89k on it. However the car did run great, no issues, and was a touring with full leather and most of the amenities. I will probably do this one like I did the last one and put in some add-ons. I added satellite and the DVD player and drop down scrren. This one comes with Sirius satellite so I am set there. Still debating on upgrading the seat upholstery to the comfortable leather. Don't have sunroof, but could get that installed - probably won't as, i really did not use it at all. I kinda opened the moon roof shade, but ended up not even using that. This has more headroom so I am fine. :D
    Got the tires inflated to 35 each and the alarm cleared - EVIC still does not provide trip mileage or compasss readngs like the 05. I am still trying to find out what I can upgrade to on ths car - I checked up in the overhead console and there was no additional cable for the AutoDimming Uconnect Mirro like there is on the 05. I called Chrysler Customer Service and they could not tell me what the car could hae as options. They indicated that it did not list even UConnect as an option. They told me they could not tell if it was pre-wired or not, even though it has the Satellite/Cellular antenna installed :surprise:

The Options I really want for this car are:

Automatice Temperature Control
    Uconnect
    Multiswitch with both fog and Automatic headlights
    DRLs activated

I also looked up what a 2007 Service Manual on CD would cost and it was $120, up 30 bucks from 2005.

Dunno if i want to spend that much on a car with a lifetime wraparound warranty :confuse:
  • Just purchased 2007 fwd Pac has 41000 km using regular gas posted just under 25 mpg if didnt have to stop for shopping would have exceeded 25mph. Will continue to monitor and post when results are in. Average speed probably 60-65 mph using cruise control. Very comfortable ride at that speed.
    My mpg was averaging ~ 20, then all of a sudden it jumped by quite a bit. i used to go 4 days and then have to fill up again as I did with my 2005 Pac Touring, now with this 2007 AWD base, I can go 5 days and then fillup. I believe it has jumped up to about 23mpg - 19 gallons each fillup, and over 400 miles traveled

i have about 2500 miles on it now
    I used to get the same type of performance on my 05 touring at the same level of speed and the longer I went the better. I got 23 - 24 mpg on 400 mile trips, and still had over 1/4 tank of gas left sometimes. great car but slow, the 2007 is a lot quicker and much easier to drive and with the larger mirrors and the slight body changes, it is much easier to see to the sides and behind you.
  • I just recently purchased a 2007 Pacifica and I am getting POOR gas mileage. What can I do to improve it. When it was purchased it only had 23,000 miles. (I have had the car exactly 2 weeks and we replaced the air filter and I am taking it into the dealer for an oil change so I can talk with them about the MPG) I am lucky if I get 16 miles to the gallon on the weekends when I do a lot of local driving and I get anywhere between 18 to 20 miles (20 MPG was at one fillup but mainly I get 18 MPG) to the gallon during the week driving mainly highway. Help!!!!!!!!! this is the first Chrysler I have ever owned and not sure if I want another one. Love the car but with the way gas prices are I am becoming disappointed.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,886
    FWD or AWD?

Your mileage matches mine, so I dunno what the problem is. It fits in the EPA estimates. But ours is AWD.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

You have not said if you have the 5 seat or 6 seat model. That makes a HUGE difference in what engine and transmission you have. The base 5 seat model with fwd has the 3.8 L engine with the 4 speed auto matic trans. The 6 seat (3 rows) has the 4. L engine with the 6 speed automatic trans. The mileage you are saying fits the 3.8 L engine, infact I would call that "excellent" for the 3.8 L with the 4 speed automatic.
    However if you have the 4.L with the 6 speed automatic then the mileage is not the greatest. If this is what you have check the tire pressure, and I would suggest a good brand of 87 octane gas, not E-10, avoid any bio fuel! After the oil change you might see some difference, maybe. However the dealer you bought this from should have had all this done befor you bought it! Let us know how you make out! Welcome to the forum!

farout
    I recently traded in a 2007 5 seat AWD with the 4.0L engine and at 2700 miles it was really starting to get very good gas mileage (22 - 25 on highway, almost 20 on the street), but I traded it in anyway. Now i have the touring with 6 seats and the mileage stunk at first and now it is climbing too. Maybe it is my driving style - hardly ever below 65 on the highway, or something else, but its gas mileage is starting to aproach the 5 seater with the same drivetrain and engine combination,.
    OBTW, the car that I traded for had 13.5k on it, when i got it.
    Most of our driving around the lake is any where from 45 to 55 mph, with stop anbd go. We typically get 22 to 24 mpg here and on the freeway is the better mpg at 24 to 26 and every once in a while with a good tail wind we have got 28 mpg once. So We really think this is the best AWD vedicle we could ever get. Our PAC has 11,800 miles on it now.

farout