Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Liftgate and Door Problems

13»

Comments

• sgomezsgomez Posts: 2
    Had my truck emission tested and it passed except the failed me because the engine light doesn't come on when the key is turned to the on position. I have checked the fuse and it is good. What else can be causing this?
  • kbean45371kbean45371 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Typical reason for this is the cable has broken to the latch mechanism due to possible corrosion. Here is how to get to the main door unlatch cable.
    1. Remove the interior plastic handle. (attached with two security screws under handle at center of panel)
    2. Remove the two Phillips screws behind the window which holds the interior cover over the rear window wiper blade actuator motor. (plastic screws be gentle getting them out, also remove the plastic grommet they screw into).
    3. Pry with two flathead screwdrivers to remove the lower interior trim from under the upper trim.
    Caution: There is a plastic sheet between interior panel and door frame. Try not to put holes in this, it is to keep sound from the road reaching the interior cabin.
    4. There is approximately 8 clips attached to the lower trim which holds the trim in place. Gently with your hand between the trim and interior door frame pry outward and pull the clips off the door frame. Once all clips are removed the panel can be pulled out.

cable cost: $35 approx.
  • alwaysfords2alwaysfords2 Posts: 293
    Hopefully since he asked this question 3 years ago it has been solved.
  • wutang09wutang09 Posts: 1
    Hi 1 froggirl
    I own a 04 Exedition eddie bauer and I bought it brand new. The locks auto locked when truck is in drive but never unlocked when parked and shut off.
  • alwaysfords2alwaysfords2 Posts: 293
    And hopefully since her issue was almost 6 years ago she has also found peace. I've had 4 Expeditions, none auto unlocked.
13»