Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blazer Jimmy 4WD Questions

124»

Comments

• therattlertherattler Posts: 4
    edited January 2011
    Hello, yes my 95 blazer's 4x4 will not engage, I found a loose vacuum hose for the transfer case switch I think it might be somewhere on the firewall but not sure, can someone help me out? thank you. Oh the loose vacuum i found is connected to hood thingy....lol
  • Hello yes I think you will be able to help me a great deal. My vacuum line from the purge canister is disconected from somewhere, what am i looking for and how is easiest to get to it. thank you. Also I will be facing the blazer for right and left purposes.
  • jmcqjmcq Posts: 1
    i have a 98 blazer that will not switch in or out of 4wd right i have replaced module vac switch on transfer case dash button and actuator still not right the lights will light but after pushing a few times they go out and it locks in 4 low.the actuator has vacuum constantly it wont release vacuum.when you go driving down the road the light flips back and forth from 2wd to 4wd high....anyone have similar issues?or better yet solutions...thanks
  • skoda1skoda1 Posts: 2
    I was wondering what the black bulb thing on the driver's side mounted to the hood is. It has a black tube that comes out of it and then breaks off into two other tubes. One of the hoses has a hole in it. Wondering what it is for.
  • skoda1skoda1 Posts: 2
    have had this problem too. try disconecting battery for a few minutes then hook battery back up and give it a try. buddy of mine said it is a computer problem and that reboots the computer.
  • I have a 2002 chevy blazer and my 4wd service light has been on for about 3 weeks. I really didn't pay it to much mind. (my mistake) well needless to say my fuel pump went up on the truck and it wouldn't start about 2 weeks ago. So the truck has been sitting since then until today. I had a mechanic put the fuel pump on this morning. I went to pick up the truck, drove it for 15 minutes, stopped, ran in the store, came back started it up and I heard around 5 to 6 clicking sound right underneath the passenger side of the truck. Then when I put it in reverse the truck hardly moved. When I put it in drive, the truck was acting like I was driving a stick, I was giving it gas but it was not going anywhere. It was moving like 5 miles per hour and it aint start to move until it caught up with itself. I couldn't go no faster than 20 miles per hour all the way back to the shop.when I finally got to the shop and turned it off and back on, the shift gears didn't work. when we shifted to reverse, you heard a loud grinding noise, and when we put it in park, the truck kept moving forward. The gears wasn't working at all. I had the mechanic to check the vacuum line under neath the truck and by the fire wall, but he said he didn't see anything loose or disconnected. When he started it up, he said he heard clicking noises in the transfer case. Could this be what is causing the entire problem as far as the gears not working and the clicking sound. He said if he replace the transfer case, that will fix the 4wd service light, and the gear changing problems. Is this true. Money is limited and I need to know before I proceed on. The truck was running perfectly up until the fuel pump went up. It only has 97000 miles on it. I brought it with only 87000 miles on it and all maintenance was done and up to date. It passed inspection without no problems. Please advise
  • Recently I pushed the 4wd button only to have it engage, do what I needed to do, put the vehicle in neutral back to 2wd and it somehow remained in 2wd. It sounded like it disengaged, but all the sudden about 45-55 I get a loud whiney sound from under the vehicle as if the torque converter is about to spin out of the transmission. Anyone got any ideas?
  • I've owned 5 Black Blazers. Seems handling got worse with last body style change. Used to go thru 2' snow. Electronic switch fights me in cold weather and discovered I don't have front wheels turning, even when 4wh is illuminated. 4wl is nearly impossible to catch. Always engage in Park or neutral at a stop. RD, you've got a 99,...any thoughts? Before I change Transfer Case Switch, check vac lines? I do have occasional vac errors show up. Beneath battery running toward tranny,...passenger's side? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • my truck is running terrible gas milage terrible ...want to mog out and slip when u put a little too much gas peddle to it.put it on the computer and it said mass air flow sensor,knock sensor low voltage, and catalyst insufficant ... dont know what to do dont have much money but if someone can give me an idea it would be greatly appreciated....thank you
  • Hello, my blazer has been giving me all sorts of trouble the last year and i have come to a wall trying to find why i cant keep the idle under control its always either too high and jerks pretty hard when put in gear or too low and wants to just die out if my foot isn't on the gas keeping up the rpm's already changed idle control valve, computer, fuel injection, many sensors, and fuel filter im not sure whats next if someone can help me diagnose this problem it would be much appreciated because id like to try to fix it myself rather than taking a trip to the dealership.
  • laurstarlaurstar Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    i have a 2000 gmc jimmy 6 cyl 4.3 vortex ...we had alot of issues with getting the truck to stay running and replced everything in the entire fuel system you could think of and after 5 months of blood sweat and backaches we got this baby running (it was the spider valvue all six injectors winded up being clogged....last thing we thought possible, soap in the gas?!?! maybe..) anyway i had it running for about 2 days! park it, i wake up excited to FINALLY DRIVE again, start it and BAM it is now been stuck in 4Lo for about 2 months, it now sits because we do have a thousand dollars to waste on parts to find a simple fix again, i will be replacing this vechical as soon as i get it running again( sick of the GMC money pit) anyway to try and get it back in 2hi(or even 4hi just to be able to drive) i have dissconected the battary, put it in neutral, put it in reverse and NOTHING! the buttons used to light up while trying relentlessy with no luck, but now no noises no lights nothing, also i heard a clicking sounds when i turn batt on its coming from kickplate area!.... my fiancee(not mechanic) says the motor looks busted with wirers hanging out and the gears are not stuck! i had my uncle (mechanic of 40 years look, but he really does not have time to do the work) he says gears are jammed in the transfer case,the motor is fine,(he may have fixed motor without saying anything) but ahahhhah dont care who is right i want my truck back NOW! ....do any mechanics have any clue as to what could be the problem? i have a 17 month old son my fiancee works everyday and i need to go back to work for my sanity so a reliable answer would be amazing, like i said my mechanic(uncle) does not have alot of time so if i could get advise to do this at home it would be much appreciated, Thank you
  • vehicle locked in 4 low and can't get it out please advise
124»