Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is "White" a manly color for a car?

2»

Comments

• gussguss Posts: 1,181
    Tony Soprano would not be caught dead an a white Escalade !

But, who knows , by the end of this season he may be found dead in a black one.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,972
    Bo knows baseball and football, but a white mustang gt with black top is a classic.
    california special
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    Not my cup of tea. I'd rather have a Black GT500 Stang probably over any other color.

Rocky
  • daysailerdaysailer Posts: 711
    who is more concerned with practicality than image, whit may be the BEST color. White is more reflective than other colors which reduces solar heating. It is also among the most visible of colors (other than international orange or bright yellow) which has obvious benefits.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,347
    It is rather attractive, but without the perfunctory "Wing" mounted on the decklid, it would be a lot better. What a way to break up flowing lines.
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Posts: 6,813
    There's only one way to show that you're a real MAN...Drive an old pick-up with oversize "monster truck" wheels. Only a real man can climb up into one. It should have a good deal of rust to show that you're an "experienced man". Large amounts of mud all over it to demonstrate that you are an "outdoors man". A gun rack in the back window will warn everyone to watch out, you are a "Dangerous man". Finally, a pair of fuzzy dice will tell everyone that you are a "Ladies man".

Or, instead of worrying about what your dumb buddies think, buy what you want and if they don't like it they can walk.

2009 PT Cruiser, 2008 Eclipse, 1995 Mark VIII, 1988 GMC Van

• au1994au1994 Posts: 813
    Best response yet! I suggested that when they start making the payments they can pick the color, but this takes it!!

2013 335i Sport Line Alpine White over Coral Red w/Black Trim

2005 330cic ZHP Monaco Blue over Natural Brown w/Black Trim

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,972
    i'm keeping it real! :)
    if they come out with another 'bullitt' edition, i might go for that, although i keep saying my mustang days are pretty much over.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,978

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 29,175
    White is cooler in the summer and easier to keep clean. Tan is probably the best for not showing the dirt. Black is for those with lots of time on their hands to keep it dusted. Black only looks good when it is spotless clean. Otherwise it is an ugly lack of color. Or is it all the colors combined. I don't know, flunked art class.
    I've been skimming the new photos posted on CarSpace this morning. White is well represented. Here's another:

See more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

• fezofezo Posts: 9,445
    TAn cars are good for hiding dirt. I always thought that silver was about the best at this. A silver care never looks terrible, but teh flip side is that it never looks great either.

You can't beat a good gray interior for hiding the dirt inside.
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    Only looks good on Cadillac's, the mid-late 90's Buick Riveria's and all generations of the Aurora. It also looks okay on some Trucks, but for the most part I prefer other colors. ;)

Rocky
  • oregonboyoregonboy Posts: 1,653
    I can't see your picture. :cry:
    Here's the link - holler if you can't see it that way. You may have to flush your cache or something.

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,757
    Where was that taken?

Can't be Florida (only one Caddy) and can't be Arizona (only one Buick).

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,805
    Didn't Ford make a special all white edition of the Sable 15-20 years ago? Everything on the car was white even the badging (ok the brake lights were still red).

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• davv62davv62 Posts: 76
    Get the color you want.

Personally, I hate white cars, but I never really thought about whether white is "manly" or not.

I know that pink or lime green isn't manly, but white always seemed kind of neutral to me -- neither manly nor unmanly. It's just there -- nondescript -- which is probably why I don't like it.
  • poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    Growing up I was always reminded that white pants were not manly but that is about it. I probably see more males in white cars than females, and I would probably buy a white car in the future.
2»
This discussion has been closed.