Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midsize Sedans 2.0

Comments

• m6userm6user Posts: 2,954

@brian125 said: cski,

Optima 's k-9 will compete with Hyundai's new redesign 2015 Genesis.

The K900 will compete with the Equus, not the Genesis. The K900 base price is about $60k, similar to the Equus, while the entry 2015 Genesis is about $39K.

• cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,186

Wow. It weighs 4300 lbs. Better get the V8

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,431

m6user

The K900 will compete with the Equus, not the Genesis. The K900 base price is about $60k, similar to the Equus, while the entry 2015 Genesis is about $39K

You are right......... my god.. At least the Equus looks sharp.. Not that dog unit car..

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

edited January 29

Audi A/S 6.......... OR.......... Kia k-9... let me think about that for 1 min.........LOL...

I was planning on buying the 2014 Audi S6 but with my line up already my wife killed that idea. So I settled on a 2013 R-spec Genesis sedan for now...

I am going to the Washington DC Auto Show tomorrow, and will take many pictures. If there is any car you guys have been wanting to see up close, let me know and I will post pictures on Saturday.

cski

Let me know what your thoughts are on the new 2015 Genesis.. Front grille in particular..

NYC show is april...................TKS

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,614

Finally driving the Fusion tomorrow. Weather will be warm enough to run it through the car wash and it will be displaying low fuel level when I drop it off on Monday to get the bumper fixed.

edited January 31

Toyota

Has another another recall. 6 models with faulty heated seats that may ignite. Check to see if your model is listed.

I'd hate to be stuck in traffic with my butt on fire..

• ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,770

@brian125 said: Toyota

Has another another recall. 6 models with faulty heated seats that may ignite. Check to see if your model is listed.

I'd hate to be stuck in traffic with my butt on fire..

They put a stop sale order on them in the USA, but they are still selling the vehicles in Canada. Dunno if we are less likely to catch on fire up here, or if Toyota just doesn't care if we do...

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

edited February 1

Models are..... Camry Corolla, Tundra , Avalon, Sienna and Camry hybrid

Drove the Fusion today for the first time in almost a week. It has way more power than I need. I even went so far as to price a 2014 Fusion with the 1.5 ecoboost. Didn't check the fuel mileage difference, but priced out just over 30k before incentives. Wasn't thrilled with the wheel options that could be combined with the features I was looking for.

Just got back from the 2014 Washington DC Auto Show.

The two stars of the show on the American side was the new Mustang and Corvette, along with the Aluminum bodied 2015 F-150.

So, what was new in mid the mid-size segment? The new Chrysler 200! It was very nice looking on the outside, but since it was roped off and on a tall pedestal, interior shots were impossible.

One of the cars I liked the most was the new Impala. They had a fully decked out LTZ 3.6, jet black with a dark tan leather interior. Beautiful.

Here is the new 200...

Sorry for the bad picture quality. Here are two more 200 pics.

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,686

Lots of pics, 360 view, and details on the 2015 200 here:

http://www.chrysler.com/en/2015/200/

Looks very Fusion-like outside... which is not a bad thing! Also a 9-speed AT! I think that is unique in the class.

@cski said: Sorry for the bad picture quality. Here are two more 200 pics.

Did you use the beer goggle app to take those pictures? :p

The camera lens was dirty. My 8 year old kid uses my phone a lot so...

Anyway, I have more pics of other cars coming ASAP. (I need to sync my pictures folder).

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,457

@cski

I watched the introduction of the new 200 on Chrysler's Website. They really seem to have put "all hands on deck" for the 200. I hope they are incredibly successful. High quality interior materials, a sport edition, available V6, 9 speed automatic, available fully disconnecting AWD system, sharp styling... How did the exterior look in person?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,062

Did I hear right in the TV show about NAIAS that the 200 shares a platform with the Dart and a Jeep model?

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,260

@imidazol97 said: Did I hear right in the TV show about NAIAS that the 200 shares a platform with the Dart and a Jeep model?

Believe so. Yes on the Dart, and the new Cherokee is built on a version of that platform too.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,501

It had better be good, as it is competing in the "family sedan" market, which has formidable competition. But you can get the 300 HP V-6 with AWD, and that's something not many competitors can match. The 200 also shares the platform with the Alfa Romeo Giullieta. The "old" 200 was a pretty much nothing car, so this one has really got to improve on the name.

edited February 3

@nyccarguy said: cski

I watched the introduction of the new 200 on Chrysler's Website. They really seem to have put "all hands on deck" for the 200. I hope they are incredibly successful. High quality interior materials, a sport edition, available V6, 9 speed automatic, available fully disconnecting AWD system, sharp styling... How did the exterior look in person?

It looked great. It caught my attention from across the room. Very swoopy with the front end reminding me of the Lincoln MK-Z. The back end was really modern looking with a substantial built in spoiler, lighted reflector area above the integrated dual exhaust, and it just flowed really well. Very sporty, and the design made it look like a car costing thousands more. I think it will be a hit if Chrysler gets the driving dynamics and the interior assembly quality up to par with the rest of the field. I also noticed the giant infotainment screen, which is probably the same unit in many other current Chrysler platforms. Will America buy this one in droves? Or stay away like the Dart? Only time (and good reviews) will tell.

I also noticed the new Chevy SS. If you are looking for an understated hot-rod sport sedan this car is for you. It is the same size as a mid size sedan, looking very similar to the Malibu (almost to a fault). Interior and exterior assembly quality was excellent, and when they fired one up downstairs it attracted men like a moth to a flame. At $45k, it seems to be a great buy for a car reaching 60 in 4.6 seconds.

The new Mustang was really pretty too. They had a red EcoBoost 2.3 T on display, and while the design is evolutionary rather than revolutionary, Ford cut a lot of weight and finally added an IRS and very much improved interior materials, and MFT is now offered in a Mustang the first time. I think I would enjoy the 2.3 EB with 305 HP. It should get good FE and has plenty of power. Fords is gonna sell at ton of them, with big hopes for sales overseas.

Again though, I found the most attractive sedan to be the Impala 3.6 LTZ. It just "did it" for me. Why? Because I tend to like cars that I can actually afford, fit my whole family in comfort, and that is cost effective to maintain.

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,668

The 200 is basically just a larger Dart - which isn't a bad thing. Much improved over the old one.

The Chevy SS will sell just as well as the Pontiac GTO and G8 - which is to say, not very well. It suffers from the same problem as the GTO and G8 - dowdy looks despite good performance.

Rumor has it they only brought over the Holden rebadge to throw a bone to the Aussies to make up for other transgressions and it will be a very limited run.

edited February 3

Right. It will be a limited production so they can generate an exclusivity buzz. "We aren't making many of them, so get on down here to your local Chevy dealer fast"! (especially if you are gainfully employed homeowner male between 40 and 60 with cash to burn). LOL

Dropped off the Fusion to get the rear bumper repaired today. Got an Edge Limited as a loaner. It's set up inside just like the Explorer I had before the Fusion, so I had everything set up the way I like it in 2 minutes. There's even free SAT radio for the next week or so, so I'm listening to that.It's ok in the snow.

• benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,682
    edited February 4

Midsize sales for Jan. Honda said that some of its best markets were hard hit by the cold, but still it's a bit of a surprise to see the Accord in 4th place last month....I know some production was hit by the weather, but even with that I think the midsize cars are beginning to build up on the lots. Deals should be good. I sense a possible blowout this Spring?

Camry 23,332

Altima 22,515

Fusion 20,717

Accord 20,604

Malibu 11,822

200 10,912

Optima 9,979

Sonata 9,815

Passat 6,236

Avenger 4,795

Mazda6 3,172

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,668

Wow - you would think bad weather would affect all brands the same. Definitely an anomaly.

• benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,682

As you know, I'm an Accord guy, but it sounds to me like the Honda folks were spinning. Still, the top 4 are all pretty close. The big news is that there's less than 1000 units between Camry and Altima. In December, the Accord took the lead for 1 month iirc. Could Fusion, Altima, or Accord take it in Feb? Unlikely, but possible imho.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,260

couple thoughts on this. one is that Honda sells a ton in the NE, and our weather in january was horrid, so no surprise that sales up here stunk. And yeah, I am guessing that by around March dealers are going to be storing cars on the roof to make room for incoming stock, and there will be serious deals to be found.

One thing I do know from keeping an eye on the ads lately (being in the market), Toyota and Nissan (along with Hyundai) were cheap selling the heck out of their cars in January, especially lease offers on the Camry. I think if you walked into the dealer to use the bathroom, they just gave you a car to take home.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• suydamsuydam Posts: 930

Accords are made in Ohio and Ohio had record snow and cold in January, over 40 inches in Toledo, for example. All car sales are down due to the awful weather. Honda doesn't do much in the way of fleet sales so not to surprising their numbers suffered.

• b25nutb25nut Templeton, CAPosts: 199

Look for the Camry to take a tumble in February. Toyota has halted all sales of cars with heated seats: http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2014/01/30/toyota-halts-sales-of-popular-models-to-fix-seat-heaters/ I think the Fusion will take the number one slot for this month.