Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midsize Sedans 2.0

Comments

• dudleyrdudleyr Posts: 3,426
    That is just fords lawyers talking. You can drive after the light comes on. They just don't want to tell you it is OK because you might then ignore the light and run out of gas on the highway, get hit and sue them. Kinda like the packing material that says "don't eat"

Having said that you don't want to run out of gas because that can hurt the fuel pump, but driving another 30-50 miles with the light on won't hurt anything.
  • fury63fury63 Posts: 18
    I understand your point but it's probably easier to experiment with in the summer than in the middle of Winter in Minnesota.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,951
    Not easier.....smarter. ;)

I'd be interested in what your owner's manual says about what to do when the light comes on. It probably says that "you should fuel at your earliest convenience" or something like that. Maybe it gives some more detail which would be interesting to see.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,665
    I'm not tied to Ford but first try unpairing the phone. Delete Sync from the phone and vice versa. power the phone off and back on. Do a master reset, pull the sync fuse or pull the negative battery cable to reset MFT. Then repair the phone and try again. If it still has problems try another phone. If both phones have problems check the software version on syncmyride.com and update that if necessary (you can do that yourself). If all that fails then you probably have a bad APIM - ask the dealer to change it.
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    edited March 2013
  • scwmcanscwmcan Niagara, CanadaPosts: 393
    What you mean most likely the press making a big deal out of pedal misapplication ( joking haven't looked at the videos or read anything about it yet, will post a real comment when I do).
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,046
    edited March 2013
    After listening to the toyota problems defended in the past, sarcasm wins:

Toyota folks claim there were no problems with toyota vehicles--it was all elderly people who didn't know the difference between the brake and accelerator pedal, or a sticking accelerator pedal due to someone else's fault not toyota's, or floor pmats in the wrong place. Couldn't have been anything wrong with computer system that runs things.

Same must be true here for Hyundai? ;)
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Posts: 2,697
    A woman driving a Kia (related to Hyundai) says the gas pedal is stuck and cannot figure out how to get the shifter in neutral or power off the engine.
    Another high speed runaway vehicle.
    I wonder if this is all related to some defect or just a coincidence?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovRu_a3-p8E
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,680
    thanks to tsx at vtec.net for these figures:

Camry 31,270 -5.7%
    Accord 27,999 +40.9%; PHEV 17
    Fusion 27,875 +28%
    Altima 27,725 -15.9%
    Sonata 16,007
    Malibu 14,817 -25.9%
    Optima 13,195
    200 11,446 +18%
    Avenger 9,980 +52%
    Passat 7,532 -8%
    Legacy 3,745 +3.60%
    Mazda6 2,702 -47%
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Posts: 1,680
    edited March 2013
    between Accord, Fusion, and Altima for 2nd place.

And the brutal shoot-out for sales continues....The winner: the customer. The best midsize cars ever at very competitive prices.

Big surge by Fusion. I think Ford wants to pass the Accord, but I don't think Honda will give up without a fight. The Camry slumps, but is still comfortably ahead for now.

Surprising fall for VW's Passat. What's going on there? I guess the old tech low mpg/low power base engine caught up with it? The often last-place rated Malibu also seems to be sinking.
  • Done with all the research and test driving. Ordered a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport with auto.
    Candy apple red, Bam......
  • trusso69trusso69 Posts: 68
    edited March 2013
    REF: 17649
    I saw your baby at my local dealer a few weeks ago:
    http://www.jeffschmittmazda.com/2014-Mazda-MAZDA6-i-Sport-Beavercreek-OH/vd/1335- - 1872

It was just off the truck so the extra $300 red paint job didn't look so good. Looks much better now that they cleaned her up. What are you paying for it?
    msrp 23590
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    Actually, 2nd place is taken by Hyundai/Kia. ;)
  • Got it at invoice on the S-plan. A friend bought the Touring in silver. Personally didn't care for the pleather interior nor did I want 19" wheels. I really was going to buy it in reflex blue but when I saw it in person it was too slate colored for my tastes.
  • cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,178
    Ford called you to explain the operation of a gas tank??? (I am laughing really hard about your post...with you; not at you).

The gas tank issue sounds complicated. Maybe it's in the manual under My-Fords-Tank?

There are just so many things wrong about that. Almost as complicated as My Ford Touch, which if operated at speed could result in: My Fords Totaled.

Don't want to continue having issues? Then you can look into the latest acronym, My-Fords-Traded. :P
    I saw a sport V6 in reflex blue and thought it looked awesome. I very much liked the 19" wheels. :confuse:
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    edited March 2013
    Saw an ad in my local paper yesterday for a 200 Limited V6, under $20k. Seemed pretty loaded with leather etc., and has one of Chrysler's best engines. The 200 isn't that well regarded in the mid-sized class (as in "last", with cousin Avenger), but since its refresh last year the looks inside and out aren't too bad, so if someone really wants that V6 feel, this might be the cheapest way to get it in a new car.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,951
    Don't think you saw a 2014 V6. They aren't making them.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,614
    My Ford touch is not that complicated, so obviously you have never used it.
    There are some functional issues, but the good thing about software is that it can be improved without 'throwing out the baby with the bath water'.
    I looked into it. The new Honda Accord Sport has dual exhaust and 18" alloys, and is 4cyl. Easy to mistake for a V6. It is even more odd that the bigger wheels are not standard on the V6 EX-L or the Touring.... Making it very hard to spot the higher end models visually.