Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!





Midsize Sedans 2.0

19919929949969971028

Comments

  • cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,046
    edited December 2013

    2 year service dealer review (24,600 mi):

    Fairfax Kia did great this time. It just needed oil and filter, VA inspection, and emissions. The service writer did not try to get me to buy any "recommended" service packages that include vital things like "door hinge lube" and fuel injection spray cleaner I can get at Pep boys for $3.

    While I was there I noticed that the Optima LX base model now has better looking 5 star rims, and the trunk has a spoiler built into the sheet metal as a 2014 tweak. Seats look like they have better material as well. You get a lot of car for $19,990.

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,541

    John Krafcik is abruptly out as CEO of Hyundai USA as of Jan. 1st. One wonders what went on there. Could he be heading somewhere else?

    2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,011

    I think its a change of game plan and direction for hyundai.

    2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

  • wayne21wayne21 Posts: 198

    I think when you are the CEO and responsible for decisions that result in a 400 plus million dollar loss for falsifying mileage ratings (which also tarnishes the company's image) you need to go. My guess is that Hyundai thought the same thing.

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,541

    @wayne21 said: I think when you are the CEO and responsible for decisions that result in a 400 plus million dollar loss for falsifying mileage ratings (which also tarnishes the company's image) you need to go. My guess is that Hyundai thought the same thing.

    That was my first thought as well. But now I'm reading that those mileage #s came from corporate in Korea and that they just wanted him to hang tough and wait for it to go away rather than agree to a settlement. It makes one wonder about the ethics and mindset of the company if that's true.

    2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

  • @wayne21 said: I think they put a lot of work into making something less efficient and more complicated. Or another way of saying it would be they broke something that didn't need to be fixed.

    Forums were out of operation or totally inaccessible for 8 out of the 30 days of November. I'd say that's something that needed fixing, and our options from the previous software vendor were 1) live with it, or 2) get lost.

    We're still collecting feedback in our Welcome topic, and trying to address some of the issues and features that members mention. However, going backward isn't an option, as having a total breakdown and an unstable platform doesn't work for anyone.

    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

  • wayne21wayne21 Posts: 198

    My comment was more about the layout and ease of use.

  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,541

    @wayne21 said: My comment was more about the layout and ease of use.

    I would agree that on those aspects it is not very well done.

    2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

  • cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,046
    edited December 2013

    I still want a simple reply button so that everyone is clear on who is talking to who, but other than that, I am able to use this format just fine. I very much appreciate the new features, which basically means that Edmund's is mostly on par with most other forum-type sites.

    I tend to keep in mind that using this forum is free. So....

  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622

    @cski said: I still want a simple reply button so that everyone is clear on who is talking to who, but other than that, I am able to use this format just fine. I very much appreciate the new features, which basically means that Edmund's is mostly on par with most other forum-type sites.

    I tend to keep in mind that using this forum is free. So....

    What do you mean by a simple reply button? That's what quote is for.

  • cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,046

    Well for one if I was in a conversation with you and you replied, I would get a notice in my e-mail. Not anymore it seems.

  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622

    @cski said: Well for one if I was in a conversation with you and you replied, I would get a notice in my e-mail. Not anymore it seems.

    Of course you can. You just have to set it in your notification preferences.

  • cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,046

    Really? How? I looked around in my profile and was unable to find a settings area.

  • Click on your user name, and when your profile shows up, click on the little silhouetted head over on the right (that's you), and then click on "edit profile"---another page will open and that will show a menu on the left for editing preferences. It's not very intuitive.

    @cski said: Really? How? I looked around in my profile and was unable to find a settings area.

  • cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,046

    Thanks...I don't know why I didn't see the "edit profile" box...but I didn't This is why I build machines and not web sites! Thanks!

  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,346

    But when you do get an email notifier there is zero content of the post in the email. Or is that just with me? I'd like to have the entire post in the email but don't see where to choose that.The old site gave you at least a couple sentences.

    My typing box is givingh me basically no vision of what I'm typing..just started doing this tonight. I can only see a

  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,346

    Ya, but they ALL pull stunts nickel and diming. Even Kia has when they advertise rear seat heaters but in print so tiny you can't read it, or visually, if u look close in a TV ad the rear only show seat bottom elements..When they first started offering rear seat heaters rt they were full coverage.

    FWIW, not sure if there are probably lots of typos as I can't see what I'm typing here tonighht My fingers are too big to hit a single key and when I can see e what I'm doing I go back aaall the time to fix.

  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,346

    @cski said: What I left out on the parking job was that she weighs 300 pounds, >snip

    Hahaa, I was going to tease ya and suggeast that maybe she qa was just after your groceries, Chris, and knew you detal dea detail and tend to your car all the time, so parked like that just to get ya to the door and spend (pathetic) time with ya.. lol

  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,699

    @crkyolfrt said: My typing box is givingh me basically no vision of what I'm typing..just started doing this tonight. I can only see a

    The box can be bigger. In the lower right corner are 6 dots that form an arrow. Hook on that and pull the box corner down to enlarge it. OR use the black arrows above the box in the tool line to click to enlarge it into its own window.

    This message has been approved.

  • cskicski West Springfield, VAPosts: 1,046

    @crkyolfrt said: Hahaa, I was going to tease ya and suggeast that maybe she qa was just after your groceries, Chris, and knew you detal dea detail and tend to your car all the time, so parked like that just to get ya to the door and spend (pathetic) time with ya.. lol

    Lord I hope not. I am a big guy, but she is two of me easy. That little Scion she drives looks like a Cylon head with wheels. Really.

    cylon XD.jpg 18.4K
Sign In or Register to comment.