Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy TrailBlazer Climate Control Questions

1235»

Comments

• wirenut2wirenut2 Posts: 9
    I had time to make my own repairs it was real ez only cost me 5.00 and about 30 min of my time do not know why dealers wanted 400.to 450 to make this repair there is nothing to it.
  • wirenut2 how did you fix the broken speedometer?

also my ac blow cold on driver side and hot on the passenger side?

help me please
  • rggcarrggcar Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. The fan motor is ok, i think it may be the fan speed controler (ATC). I need to find it so i can test it.
  • lurc22lurc22 Posts: 1
    I had taken my 2006 trailblazer in for new tires, belts, brake fluid flush ect....when my car was returned to me, I had no heating/cooling and my display was not working. I questioned the service tech. he said my control panel had failed. What could have happened to this while in for service? I had no problem with my heating and colling prior to taking it in for servcie. Could it be not working for any other reason then failure? Should I hold the shop liable?
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,521
    What else was done? What was the etc part? Anything to do with electronics?
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    If this was with one of our dealerships, lurc22, we'd be happy to look into this further with you. Please let us know what we can do to be of assistance.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I recently installed a new AC controller in my 2003 TB EXT. The front AC fan stays ON after I have shutdown the TB, even when I take the keys off. This situation does not always happen. In fact, when I took it to the dealer the fan would shut down after the unit was shut down and keys removed. Furtunately, I had to come back to check on the tail lights as the third brake light failed, and then the AC kept on after the unit was shut down.

The dealer took the unit in and couldn't figure out why this was happening. Later in the day, they called and said this was NORMAL as it was an upgrade in the programming of the AC system which would keep the AC fan on (in low speed) after the unit was shut down to reduce humidity in the system.

Anyone heard of this before or have seen this happen?

Do you believe the dealer's explanation?

I'm very concerned this would drain my battery or ever worse cause an electrical fire while I'm away.
  • Has anyone had any issues with their air conditioning line that runs from the front of the car all the way to the back. The dealership did work on the half recalled gas tank part the one they paid half and we paid the other half. They dropped the tank to do this and now I have a leak in the air conditioning line. They say it was rubbing on the frame but I think they did something wrong. This is going to cost over $500.00 to fix becuase of where the leak is.
    Oh and the gas tank piece didn't even fix the gague now they are saying it is my instrument panel and that is $400.00 so I am just keeping track of my miles and that is a pain!!!
  • We have a 2003 Trailblazer. Found out that the annoying ticking sound when you first turn truck on is the rear heat module.
    How do I get to it and how do I replace it??
    The ticking lasts for about 2 minutes then stops. Drives us nuts!!!
    Thanks,
    Nancy
  • I have a 2005 trailblazer and my A/C fan speed controls do not work. It stays on low and mostly only when I am driving. The a/c AND blower work for the rear seat unit but not the front. I need help with this issue soon before my drive to Florida in 2 weeks. I'm not sure if this is a blower issue or something else. Thanks for your help
  • jersybehrjersybehr Posts: 1
    My girl friend has a 2003 Trailblazer with manual controls and no rear evap. When the vehicle is started (doesn't matter if it is a cold or hot start) the AC blows cold for about 10 to 20 seconds, goes warm for 5 to 10 seconds and then blows cold the rest of the time when the truck is moving. At idle it only blows cool. I have by-passed the low pressure switch but the AC compressor still cuts out during that initial startup period.

Any input would be appreciated, Tim
  • kmgolden85kmgolden85 Posts: 1
    I bought an 04 trailblazer last summer and actually worked great..turned it on last week and it was warmer air..bought some freeon put it in but wouldn't take the whole can .. I noticed my temp said -33 degrees lol im in jersey no way its that cold..then it would jump back up to 49 when its 80 it wont go any higher then 49 but ill grt my ac back until it drops back down to negative .. what I wanna kno is there a way to reset to system before I change the sensor ?
1235»