Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Malibu Clunks and Noises

13»

Comments

• After reading through this forum it sounds like i have the same problem. Very minor clunk when pulling in/out of driveway or sitting idle and making very small left/right turns in the wheel. Dealership said it needed a new ISS and left outer tie rod. Ive had the tie rod replaced, and the clunk is still there. My main concern is safety. Although its annoying, I can deal with the clunk as long as its nothing thas going to cause a safety issue. Asking for a little insight.

Thanks so much.
    ·
  • I have a 2009 LT (only 40K miles). I had rattle noise in front end for several years, more noticeable at slower speeds and cold weather. Took it to Chevy dealer 3 months ago, and they replaced front sway bar links ($125 + $140 labor). Helped a little, but noise is back now (Dec - cold!). Took it to dealer today. Service Tech said this is a known issue. One hour later, FREE service receipt said: "inspect front suspension, found boots loose on front struts. Realign and reinstall strut boots. Note struts will get noisier when cold due to design."
    ·
13»