Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• ralph39ralph39 Posts: 2
    Message to #122. Why spend money when you don't know what to spend it on? Tail light can be fixed with a small socket wrench(metric #10) and a bulb. just take out the panel in the trunk, and unscrew the nuts(4). The whole assy will come out from the outside, and you change the bulb. Oil change OK, air filter change OK. Save the rest for when things fail, like brakes, exhaust, etc.
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    assuming you have followed scheduled maintenance to this point...what about fluids, such as transmission, coolant, brake,..when were they replaced last?....also surpentine belt??..you stated year left on the tire, I would rather see tread depth...use the penny trick...insert into the tread with lincolns head down..if you see the bottom of his head..time for tires!
  • jfelljfell Posts: 1
    my son the Marines caddy will die when you step on the gas. when you shut it off it will start and keep doing the same thing. If i use the cruise controll it runs fine. I drove from boston to N.C on cruise try that going thru new york and washington. any help would be great. they dont pay him much and if we can fix it we will. Thanks
  • billpaulbillpaul Posts: 103
    Do what the owner's manual says.
  • darv904darv904 Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 CTS Cadillac and I had an oil change about two weeks ago, but the oil change % on the monitor never went up or. IS that normal?
  • darv904darv904 Posts: 2
    my 2005 cts has been doing that for a few weeks now, when i accelerate it does that shuddering/jerking type motion, i also noticed usually when it does this the check engine light flashes? the monitor says my trans fluid is low, wonder if it could ne the problem?
  • robh3robh3 Posts: 157
    That should simply mean that the dealer, or other shop, where you had the oil changed did not go into the digital information center in the center stack of your dash and change the oil % number.

This has to be done manually in the onboard computer (it does not happen automatically just by virtue of changing the oil in the engine). Cadillac dealer service departments are of course trained to do this.

In your owner's manual it provided instructions on how to do this. You should be able to do it yourself with the owner's manual instructions and pushing a few buttons.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    darv904,
    Have you figured out how to reset the Oil Life Monitoring System? Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    darv904,
    Since it says that, I would definitely recommend checking and adding fluids. I would also recommend having the vehicle checked out by a dealer. Please keep me updated on your concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • an84944an84944 Posts: 3
    Obviously this is a very old post but I would like to know if you found the problem in the door. I am experiencing the same rattle when closing my driver's door.
    an84944,

Were you planning on taking the vehicle into the dealership to be fixed? Please keep me posted on any information.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • robh3robh3 Posts: 157
    The third dealership I took it to with this issue, Moore Cadillac in Chantilly, VA, diagnosed the cause which -- if I remember correctly because it's been over a year now -- was from a rain water drain piece inside the door (at least that's what I was told). They shored it all up by installing some foam rubber material to stop/absorb the rattle/vibration. It has been fine since.
  • I bought my 05 CTS exactly 4 years ago and have had numerous problems ever since. Where do I start!!!! Serious trunk water leak when it rained. Brake light continually going out. Uses a quart of oil about every 600 miles ( Dealer said this was an acceptable range with Cadillac. YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!) First time I checked my oil after my initial change it had about a quart left in it. I now keep oil in my trunk and check often. Often when I turn in to a parking space moving slowly the brakes fail. The Dealership could not find the problem but said it might be a wheel sensor. I've had the EBCM replaced twice and this hasn't completely solved the problem (EXPENSIVE REPAIR). It is still doing the same thing but less often. The rear wheel bearings had to be replaced recently because the sound in the back seat was getting unbearable. Now we are having problems with the power windows not wanting to go back up after leaving them partially down in hot weather. I personally think that GM should OWN UP to these problems and work with the consumers that keeps them afloat. Just look at all the posts of people that have the same problems with these vehicles. I personally will not buy another CTS. I owned a 1991 Caddy for years and had very few problems and never used a drop of oil between oil changes. I thought when I bought this one I'd have the same results.

Thanks for reading my gripes.
    A last time cadillac owner
    05gmlemon,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • jknowltonjknowlton Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    I have had it to the repair shop 4 times, I have a whining noise, first they could not hear it, took it home still have it, Took it back then they said it was the Idaler pulley, changed that. Still whining, took it to a transmission wondereing wether to keep it or get rid of it. Not the transmission but I had a crack in my drive shaft. Replaced that. Still noise, (runs great though) Noticed a leak on garage floor, my rack and pinion need replaced, still a low whining noise, any thoughts. $2400. later!!!!!!
  • I noticed this question/problem is about a year old. I purchased a 2008 CTS rear wheel drive in August of 2011 and I have the same annoying problem. There is a thump/clunk sound at usually 2 distinct times. It's when slowing down to a stop, once at 15mph and the loudest at 5mph or less right before coming to complete stop. I've had it at the dealership twice and they have yet to fix the problem. They replaced the deferential box on the second visit, but did nothing to alleviate problem. My cts now has 32,000 miles and the warranty runs out in April. Did you ever figure out the problem and had it fixed? Thanks for your insight/help.
  • I see that you've already been in to the dealership more than once for this. Have you already worked with Customer Assistance? If we can be of service, please send us an email with more information so we can get a Service Request set up for you (include your name/Edmunds username, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership).

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • paopao Posts: 1,867
    I know this may seem too obvious...beleive the battery is mounted in the trunk.....could it possibly be loose??
  • doc00doc00 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    I need to know a part number and where to purchase a manual adjustment handle for a 2007 CTS. It adjusts the passenger seat back . There is a number stamped into the plastic (88897242RH) but I'm not sure if that's the part number.
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    You can go to your nearest Cadillac dealer. They should be able to tell you. It's probably going to be expensive. Once you find out the part number, then try an auto recycler. They may have one from a wrecked CTS. It will probably be cheaper. Good luck.