Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac CTS Maintenance and Repair

1234568»

Comments

• Did yoi happen to find the problem? I have an 03' Cadilac it will not start only clikcs when starting and lights flicker on and off and ignition switch is off. The relay switxh for the high beams can be heard turining on and off. Not even with the battery charger will it start and atarted just after it was put in the gararge. Someone help me please. Key wont come out sometimes either....till charger is put on it..
  • I have a 2009 CTS with 52,000 miles. I'm the original owner of the car. Although there are many things I enjoy about this car, it needs too many repairs. None of the repairs are due to owner negligence. Initially, there were 3 - 4 recalls. Every few months the car is in the shop. This morning, the check engine light went on. About 6 weeks ago, the engine overheated due to failure of the water pump. There have also been failures of motors/pumps within the car, such as for the power seats. This is one car that I really wanted to hold onto for as long as possible, but I am very concerned about the life span of this car. Anyone else have constant problems with other 2009 CTSes?
  • I the author of the Nov. 4 post about too many repairs. My service rep. called this morning to say I have a leak with my "O" ring and need to have he purge valve replaced. This valve deals with emissions and pressure for the gas. Cost to take care of these items is $200. Just out of warranty, so this will be out of pocket. Cost isn't that bad, however, I got lucky this time. There are just too many repairs and they're done too often. My husband has an Infiniti G35 that has maybe 85,000 miles on it. He has never had one mechanical problem with this car. He drives about 20 - 22,000 miles a year. I drive my Caddy 15,000. I see my service rep. more than some family members. What the heck? I bought my car when GM was tying to survive. My Dad always had Caddies when I was growing up. I've always loved these cars and have been hooked ever since the re-design of the CTS. My husband is now screaming to get rid of the car. Do I just have a problem car, or, is this symptomatic of Cadillacs these days?
  • temj12temj12 Posts: 450
    I also own a 2009 CTS. I have had, maybe, two recalls. At 20,000, the ignition stuck and you could not turn the engine off. Luckily, it was a business day and I was able to take it to a dealer. As Cadillac does during warranty, they gave me a loaner Cadillac. Cadillac has been good to me during the warranty period. The car now has 35,000 miles and I am out of warranty in January. This is my second CTS. I will buy another one, but not because I am going to have great service out of this CTS.

I had a 2005 and I had a water pump go at 48,000. I traded the car after four years. I like the way a Cadillac looks and drives. I will trade every four to five years. I am waiting until the next redesign. I would never buy a Cadillac, if I wanted a car that I would drive well in excess of 50,000 miles. I do not consider them to be that reliable. On the 2005, I sold the car to friends. The engine started knocking at 67,000 and they got rid of it. With the warranty out in January, I will be wondering what I will wind up repairing at my own expense. I do have the engine, drive-line through five years.

If you have already had that many repairs, I would move on to something else. Cadillac is not your answer to a long-term automobile. I am sure I will hear, via this forum, from people who disagree and vow how great their cadillac has been.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    breindel,
    We're sorry to hear that you've encountered these troubles with your CTS. If we can check into this further with you, please don't hesitate to email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name and contact information, a summary of the situation, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, and the name of your dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,021
    A reporter would like to speak to car owners who use Chrysler Uconnect, Cadillac CUE or Ford's MyFord/MyLincoln Touch. If you use any of these telematics systems, please send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than November 20, 2012 at 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• i have had the same problem - loose screws on drive shaft tight it up and clunk is gone - 100%
    Milan
  • supergluedsuperglued Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Hey I have a crazy problem. I have a 2003 CTS that is acting like a spaz. A few days ago the seat started warming itself but there isnt even a button to turn it off and on. It looks like there shouldn't even be a seat warmer in this model. But the seat is getting pretty damn hot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • I owned a new 2008 CTS DI and only had a power window go out and a plug coil fail in 36,000 miles.
    I have read this forum since I got my '08 and to go by the posts you would wonder why anybody would buy the CTS. I traded my '08 for a new 2012 CTSV Coupe and am still very happy.
    We're glad to hear that you're very happy with your CTSV Coupe, miko99! Many more happy miles in the new year!
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2010 cts, I bought it used and was told it was well maintained and in great condition. The care has 36,000 miles on it and I have only owned it for two weeks. The problem I am having is when I am exiting or entering on the freeway when you have to do a round about my abs or traction control automaticity kicks it and it kinda breaks me and pulses. It's extremely hard to explain and a unique thing. It has been at the dealership for a week now, the car is not showing anything wrong with it when they hook it up to the computer. They can get it to do it every time they take it out and year drive it, they just can't figure it out. They have contacted GM and a engineer has Reyes to help them but they still have no clue what it is. They have reset the computer and replace a couple sensors and it did nothing. They also have checked the calipers and wheels nothing wrong at all. They won't give it back cause they are telling me it's unsafe but they don't know what to do. I don't know what to do, I am paying for a car they think they will have for at least another week and my car has turned into a Ginny pig. Does anyone have any ideas? They can't figure it out and have no clue what to do either does GM's engineers. All they know its not normal and not safe in there opinion. I ca tell this is going to get ugly already. Help.
  • tomfrom69tomfrom69 Posts: 1
    I own a 2009 CTS V and love the car, but the maintenance is killing me. There always seems to be a problem with this car and I only have 14,800 miles on it. My latest problem is the T/C stabilitrak displaying service, this is causing vehicle to go into low power mode and shutdown. I brought the car to the dealer and after a full week of having it, they stated the traction control module was bad.

After picking up the car and traveling two miles, the T/C stabilitytrak service display came on and car went back into low power mode. You'd think with all the technology in this car that they would be able to diagnose the problem after plugging car into computer, but dealer is baffled as to what is the issue. Needless to say, I'm back at the dealer and it'll be another few days before I get it back again. This car see's the shop so often I don't even enjoy riding it anymore. Is anyone else experiencing the same amount of problems with their V? Feel like I got a lemon, a very expensive one!
    Hi tomfrom69,

I apologize that you haven't had a very pleasant experience with your Cadillac CTS V. If there is anything we can do to assist you with this issue, please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Anything?? Really??
    Wheres the radiator cap??
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,240
    isn't this just a breath of fresh air. :D
1234568»