Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sedona Tires/Wheels

2»

Comments

• lavrishevolavrishevo Posts: 312
    The sienna has a softer suspension then the Sedona. This in my experience that from the reviews of CS and other articles. The Ody has the most firm out of them all. Adding a larger tire is not going to harden the suspension it will just make the ride feel a little harder due to less flex in the tire. If anything I would invest in performance struts / shocks and maybe sway bar / strut bar.
  • tbwatertbwater Posts: 4
    Thanks Lavrishevo...

So, would you recommend all of the following?

1) Performance struts/shocks
    2) Sway bar/Strut bar
    3) Adjustable Air Shocks

Or, just the first two of the three...

Thanks for your feedback.
    Sway bar / Strut bar is for cornering - anti leaning.

I would only do bags in the rear if your planning on putting a ton of weight in the van, it is really what they are made for.

Otherwise, high performance shocks and / or struts should be good. You could do springs but unless you going to take the minivan to the track I honestly think springs is a little much.

Don't forget, if you go to a 17" rim, although better traction, your tire wear increases significantly.
  • Well, it's time for the third set of tires for my 02 Sedona. :sick: Just trying to get an idea of what everyone is running on there Sedonas? I've been running the Goodyear Allegra that have lasted about 40K, but the inside of the tire is premature worn due to alignment issues. I'm debating between the Yokohama Avid and Dunlop Signature. The Yokohama is a 97T with max load of 1653, and the Dunlop is a 98T with max load of 1653.
    The Goodyears rode nice when new, but quickly turned into harsh ride and the sidewall is very soft. Both the Yokohama and Dunlop seem to have a stiffer side wall according to the description.
    I'd appreciate any comments on these tires, or suggestion for tires. :shades:

Thanks.
    I have almost 25,000 on my 06 and am looking forward to replacing the tires. I probably have 1/6th of the tread left on the factory set. Not sure exactly what I am going to go with but check out this site and look at the customer reviews for the tires as they can be very helpful. Goodyear Assurance Comfortred seems to have good ratings as well.

Go to www.tirerack.com, put in your year/make/model and then select best sellers and customer reviews.
  • heavvy69heavvy69 Posts: 1
    Hi,

Does anyone know what the rim size and bolt pattern is for a 2007 Sedona EX? My tire size is 235/60/R17.

Thanks.
  • mpvdadmpvdad Posts: 3
    How are the tires working out? and how many miles on them now, I have a 06 and need to get new tire in the next few months, thanks
  • I purchased Michelin Weatherwise at Sears, so far they have 25,000 miles on them, tread looks good. They are 97T speed rated tires, I had a hard time finding a 98H tire in 215/70/15.
    Van has 65,000 miles, the stock Hankook were crap, 1 blew out, and the other had sidewall cracking...
  • So, I needed tires on my 2006, just under 30k, although I liked the Michelin's I could not justify $800.00 for a set. After much investigation I found the best deal was to go with the Hankook Optimo 727 series that are ranked in the 2009 consumer reports buyers guide for Z rated all season tires as number 2 just under Michelin. The awesome thing is pep boys had the deal with the 4th tire free. So all said and done 4 tires with 700 rating tread-wear and 100k prorated warranty for under $400.00 The only slight mod is tire size is slightly different from stock. Instead of 225/70/16 it is 235/65/16 great tires and tread life and slightly more rubber on the ground, which is a good thing.
  • We have a 2006 Kia Sedona and we need to raise the back end because we added a trailer hitch. We can not find any one who sells Adjustable Air Shocks for this car. Do you have any recommendations?
  • tbwatertbwater Posts: 4
    Texas,

I have the 2006 Sedona EX and have a very good solution for you. After studying several options, excluding heavy duty shocks (because Kia is the sole source of their struts and shocks), I found a product that truckers use to stabilize the back of their trucks for pulling trailers. It is called the Timbren SES

Copy and paste this website to get a sense of it link title

I had a local Midas dealer order and install them for me. The Midas guy ripped me off on labor charges, but since he had helped me find this solution, I didn't get too agitated.

The timbren application essentially buffers the car, preventing it from sagging below a certain height. When I first got the install, I noticed a significant improvement in the overall stability of the vehicle and that bore out on the highways as well. Now, if I could only find heavy duty shocks for that thing, I think I'd be over any angst about getting a 4x4, for stability sake.

Best of luck
  • Thanks for your help!
  • @lavrishevo: How are the Hankook Optimo H727 tires after two more years? Is the 235/65R16 tire diameter close enough to the 225/70R16 size? Thanks.
  • tonys88tonys88 Posts: 1
    Needing to replace suspension, but not sure if my Sedona has only shocks or shocks/struts combo. Can anybody advise? Much thanks!
2»