Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Yukon. How long can they last?

2»

Comments

• mightyzmightyz Posts: 1
    Hey Debtwyler, please let your buddy know that if you don't want his XL, I will by it for $5000.00 right now. I own a 2003 YUKON (200,000 miles and running awesome) right now and my kids are a little older now (around 9 yrs). We need more trunk space and I am looking for an XL and have to sell mine. That is an awesome deal!!
  • driver_tvdriver_tv Posts: 1
    My 2003 Yukon with 208,000 miles still has the original equipment brakes. I bought it new and have only bought tires and had them balanced and rotated and the alignment checked at each oil change. Other than that, wiper blades and an occasional bulb replacement, it has cost me only gas. Has anyone heard of brakes lasting this long?
  • 217,000 on my 99 Yukon and she is still running strong. Ugly as all hell, (like me), but the motor is strong, (like me). That 5.7 350 Vortec is one hell of a motor. I'm looking at upgrading now, but not to much newer because they screwed up when they added the AFM. I wouldn't touch one with that. Anyway, I drop a couple hundred every other month or so on worn parts to keep her running. New cats a few months ago was this years biggest buy, and the fuel spider was last years biggest buy. Other than that, just standard upkeep.
  • kimdvm1 said:
    I have a 2000 Yukon Denali (the last year that Denalis were made with a true 4WD like the Yukon) that I purchased in 1999 and it has 185,000 miles, still going strong. My total service costs over those 8 years has been about $4000. Sure there are times where several things go wrong at once but then I might have a year without a repair bill. I am looking to replace it now; I have a 40-mile commute to work and I am the revenue producer at my office, so I can't afford to break down on the way to work. This vehicle used to occasionally tow a heavy camper. I also have to admit it is driven pretty hard, not conservatively, so I am thrilled with it. We use the 4WD in the winter or in wet conditions. Now that it has more miles, it might use a quart of oil between the oil changes (which I get every 5000 miles). Still no tranny leaks, no 4WD problems.

• I have a,2000  Yukon  XL , 330,000 miles.  Best truck ever .
  • I have a 2000 GMC Yukon XL that has 318,000 and still going strong
  • drriga1drriga1 Posts: 1
    edited January 21
    This 2002 GMC Yukon XL SLT was fully loaded, bought brand new with .2 miles on the odometer and now has over 335,000 miles! After the 2nd year, I purchased another Yukon XL Souther Comfort one, it had 110,000 on the odometer when I sold it 5 years ago. I could have had over 400,000 miles on this one! My Red Yukon XL with a 5.3 engine is is great shape, original Engine, no oil leaks but here is the kicker: I Totaled when I was hit in a MicroBurst that put me in a creek November 2011, as it had 232,000 miles and I was put under WATER! It was totaled, I bought it back for $1,300 and proceeded to clean it up! 8 hours underneath, to scrape the MUD and debris from the under carriage, sucked the water out of the engine, It Started Right UP!~ Oh My! I was excited! Water destroyed the transmission, but it ran with no issues! How is this Vehicle still going strong? Thank you GM for the best Vehicle ever Built! Call me if you wish, as I am happy to send pix or data! Scott
    [contact information removed]
  • shanaxlshanaxl Posts: 2
    Proud owner of a 02 yukon xl that has 300,000 miles and original motor and trans. YES I TYPED IT CORRECTLY 300,000 AND I AM JUST NOW HAVING TO PUT REAL MO NY INTO , the water pump and pullie so far but that thing still runs like a champ ....thinking maybe G M C should put in their show room or something
  • shanaxlshanaxl Posts: 2
    Best yet it was bought from Edmund ...
2»