Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Audio Satellite MP3 Bluetooth

devgdevg Posts: 1
Hi,

I bought a music system which plays mp3 cds and has audio in for ipods etc. I am able to take out the old music system and put the new one in and ablet ocnnect the cable and I can play the music. however the new bracket won't go in the existing space. Hence the new music system does not fit in nicely and remains loose. can I remove the front dash board to remove the existing bracket to put the new bracket in. Can I do this on my own or do I need to take the car to a garage ? Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Devg

Comments

• I am replacing the factory stereo with a Panasonic mp3 stereo. Besides having the wiring harness, do I need any antenna adapter or mounting kit? Or can I just take the factory model out and replace it with the new one.
  • Hey everyone,
    I have seen that Hyundai will be adding Bluetooth and Ipod connectivity as available options (and from what I have seen, already do in Korea), I contacted the retail sales manager at a local dealership and was told that these features won't reach the US until the 2008 Santa Fe is released.. Does anyone have any other information regarding the truth to this? Also, if that is the case, does anyone know of a good aftermarket bluetooth solution for hte 07 Santa Fe? Or an Ipod connection kit that will plug into the factory stereo (other than your standard FM solutions).

Thanks!
  • HI IHAVE JUST JOINED
    I HAVE A IPOD THAT PLAYS THRO THE RADIO FREQUENCY FROM EBAY ONLY ABOUT 5/6 DOLLARS, ITS CALLED SONG BIRD

LOOK ON EBAY

LOTS OF LUCK GADGETMAN1
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,946
    Welcome - all caps are hard to read so please switch your caps lock key off. Otherwise most people are just going to skip over your posts.
  • joe97joe97 Posts: 2,248
    Really quick, XM will be available on the 2007 Santa Fe (as well as other Hyundai models) very very soon :) I believe it will be a standard feature on the Santa Fe but not certain.

Oh, btw, this is for the US model.
  • ... Do you know if they are also planning on releasing the bluetooth connection package as an option? It's already available in the Korean market, but I haven't been able to find any release info for us folks here in the US of A...
    Haven't heard anything yet but as soon as I hear something I will post here :)
    Hot off the press:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/061003/nytu068.html?.v=58

Hyundai Rolls Out First Models with Standard XM Satellite Radio
  • Right on! Kudos Hyundai.

So, how long do we suppose it'll take for these to start turning up in the lots? Haven't yet got my SF, but will maybe by next month and would be an extra bonus if these were an option.

Not an XM radio veteran. Is it correct that you have to buy a subscription to the service?
  • jpbranjpbran Posts: 16
    First three months are free, but after that it's about $12 a month. I like Sirius, but XM is cool too and I'll NEVER to go back to regular radio...
    All current Santa Fes coming off the floor should be equipped with XM. XM is standard on all trims of the Santa Fe, to my knowledge. Other Hyundai vehicles to follow soon.

And, both XM & Sirius are paid subscription service.
  • Thanks for the info on the XM.
    Does anyone know when Bluetooth will be available in the Santa Fe's. I spend a ton of time driving for my job and that feature would be fantastic.
  • jntjnt Posts: 316
    I do not think the Bluetooth option is available yet on the Santa Fe. but knowing Huyndai, if they decide to do it, the most you have to wait is less than 1 year. It was like what they did to XM radio

jt
  • I'm planning on getting a Santa Fe but was wondering if anyone had come up with a way of connecting an iPod to the factory installed stereo? FM modulation is a last resort, it doesn't work well where I live. I'd prefer a hard wire or some aftermarket solution. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • ricknjricknj Posts: 5
    in my 05 Honda Accord i took out the connection on the xm feature and had an adapter to connect directly to my ipod like an auxilliary in connection type and that was great far better than an FM transmitter and used belkin connection to charge and amplify the sound for the ipod. so my XM was gone which i didnt need (would be nice if it was free though hehe) but i opted for my own generation my own tunes. So when i press XM viola !!! 30 gigs of music. any suggestions on the XM if it can be modified as well for my SF Limited AWD 07 ? i will do my own research and post a reply if i find one. thanks for reading this.
  • sirmoxiesirmoxie Posts: 4
    I would love to know about this too.

Anyone have any luck with a direct connection to the 07 SF with an iPod or some other external device?
  • ricknjricknj Posts: 5
    u shouldve waited for the xm option plug in to replace xm with ipod connector which i did back then with my accord 05, check out logjamelectronics.com, i plugged in belkin power and audio with volume acts as preamp at the same time powers the ipod it was awesome because it preamps the sound stronger bass and treble not like a plain connect where in you rely on you stock stereo/amp built in you have to really turn it up but does not kick as much.
  • chpchp Posts: 3
    a standard double din or single din aftermarket stereo units will fit in the dash of the
    07 santa fe with no modifactions to the vehicle. go to metraonline.com and your will
    see a mounting kit and wiring harness made for this vehicle. just had a pioneer avic-d3
    navigation deck installed and it took only an hour and looks like a factory unit with this kit.
    you can even get the steering wheel controls to work with an adaptor from pac.com
  • pongspongs Posts: 14
    Hi, I'm new here. I've checked the RAV4, test drove CR-V and Outlander and decided on the Outlander as it's better than the CR-V and RAV4. Seen a Santa Fe and decided to test drive it before getting any SUV so I won't have buyers remorse. I was amazed with the interior quality and looks of the Santa Fe Limited as well as its comfortable ride.

I have some questions with the Santa Fe Limited's audio before deciding to get it. I know that it doesn't have a connection for Ipod and CD changer, but does it have a speed sensing volume control? Is the quality really good even on higher volume on the standard Limited audio? Is the optional 6 disc 605 watts Infinity audio worth the extra $3,500 with the power seats, sunroof and rear DVD?