Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Battery Dies With Accessories

mrnyc01mrnyc01 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Buick
Got a question. I have a 2002 Rendezvous. Ever since yesterday, when I leave my XM plugged into the cigarette lighter, it kills the battery after about ½ hour. Mind you I have had my XM for over a year. I leave the cradle plugged in and sometimes remove that actual radio, or sometimes I leave the radio in but powered off. Yesterday after I went to get back in it after about ½ hour, it was dead. I unplugged the XM and check the cords and it started with no problem. I left it unplugged all night and it started fine this morning. I plugged in the XM and after an hour the battery was dead again. I unplugged it and wiggled the battery wires and it starts.

It seems the cigarette lighter is making it pull juice or something. Can anyone help?

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You said the battery died but when you unplugged the XM it starts right up. Did you recharge the battery in between?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • mrnyc01mrnyc01 Member Posts: 2
    Actually I looked at it again. I saw the positive cable was a little loose. Ok I'm an idiot. Sorry. Tightened it and it's good to go. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.