Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Beetle Electrical & Lighting Problems

1234568»

Comments

• eight8eight8 Posts: 1
    I have a Volkswagen Beetle TDI that has an electrical problem. There seems to be something wrong with the lights. The headlights and taillights go out occasionally from hitting a road bump or something. Then I have to get out and whack the light with an open palm a few times and it comes back on, so I think its the connection setup and whacking it reconnects. I imagine there is a lot of people out there replacing their light bulbs all the time because of a problem like this. The problem is when you take it to the dealer sometimes its working again because you have hit another road bump before you got there that reconnected the light. Of course the dealer can not find the problem if its working again, so you are out of luck, and have just drove there for nothing again. I actually just got pulled over for this today, so you can imagine how much fun that is, over and over again. That's what will happen if you own one of these pieces of &^%$, you can expect a long relationship with law enforcement.
  • momkemomke Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Hi There,

My friend replaced my driver side headlight bulb on my 2004 new beetle turbo. It doesn't work and now my ac compressor doesn't come on, the EPC light, check engine light and the brake light are on and there is a constant beeping noise. Also, he replaced the passenger side one and that seems to be ok. The fuse in the box on the battery tests ok for power. Any ideas? I saw a posting from a couple years ago that sounded very similar and the response was to replace the cable from the battery to the alternator? Or was it the fuse box to the alternator? PLEASE HELP!!!!
  • Not sure if you were able to resolve the issue but I just had to have my headlight basket replaced for both headlights. I changed out the bulbs on both of them and they worked but after I went down the road they stopped working. The part is only about $70 each it's the labor that is a killer but if you can change them out yourself that will save you a lot of money.
1234568»