Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

United Automobile Workers of America (UAW)

1653654655656657659»

Comments

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,309
    marsha7 said:

..How does a Cadillac get de-contented with drum brakes on the rear???...and they expect me to buy it???..

I checked brakes for the ATS: the base model gets 4-wheel disc brakes. Optional engines get Brembo fronts and all disc. Sure you were looking at an ATS?

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,013
    edited September 24
    I wish my Grand Caravan had "normal" rear drums. Just had to replace the right rear hardware kit that apparently fell off. Drums rarely need attention in my experience.

(Did you miss my holler or are you just gonna be smart and ignore me? :D )

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,860
    I'm pretty sure you saw that wrong :)
    marsha7 said:

Speaking of Cadillac, I walked past an ATS the other day, and I looked at the brakes thru the alloy wheel (I always like to see if they have Brembo brakes)...I was SHOCKED to see rear DRUM brakes on the car..

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,013
    Maybe it was a one-off performance mod by someone like me. :D

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,676
    I looked at the back of the car, and the letters said ATS...and no beer or Scotch that day...:):)
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 29,035
    While the UAW tries to get into the TN VW plant through the back door, those opposed are not sitting by quietly. They are asking those that sign some good questions.

Questions to Ask any Local 42 Member

1. Have you read your charter and understand that you have NO real rights as a Local? Are you restricted to do only what the national lets you?

2. Do you want to be laid off if we have to have a layoff, or would you rather have temps be laid off?

3. Is it true that Detroit determines where Local 42 dues go for political purposes?

4. What protections can Local 42 offer? Job security? Has that worked for Detroit?

5. Like Detroit, will Local 42 experience multiple Unfair Labor Practice Charges because of favoritism?

6. Who will hold Local 42 leadership accountable for their decisions?

7. How will overtime be distributed among employees?

8. How will Local 42 help VW Chattanooga reduce costs?

9. How will Local 42 help VW Chattanooga improve quality?

10. How will Local 42 help VW Chattanooga improve efficiency?

11. How will non union employees be fairly represented on the works council?

12. How will Local 42 ensure privacy of employees when represented by their union at a performance or disciplinary meeting in HR?

13. Will Local 42 vote on what responsibilities can be delegated to the works council, and will non union people be a part of that vote?

14. Does Local 42 plan to allow non union members to have a vote in works council related issues, events, plan and activities?

15. If yes, how does local 42 plan to integrate their vision of works council with the vision of employees not represented by the union, or not members of the union?

16. Since the UAW has stated that they do not intend to unionize the salaried workforce, how will they legally ensure the voice of the salary workers are heard in the works council?

17. Do you understand that if the UAW takes you out on a sympathy/support strike, you will not get “strike benefits” unless you walk the picket line? Can you afford to live on $200 a week, for as long as Ford, GM or Chrysler might go out on strike next year?

18. Since Local 42 has a no-strike clause, why will part of your dues go to a strike fund?

19. Is it true that showing interest in another union disqualifies you from a leadership position in Local 42?

http://www.no2uaw.com/