Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Present and Future FWD Classic and Special Interest Cars

Comments

• british_roverbritish_rover Posts: 8,476
    Oh man I can see shifty with the EVO for sure.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,418
    Nah, the spoiler MUST DIE!

I could buy a Boxster instead....

Do you want another Porsche though?

And all the problems that go with a convertiable.

Oh wait California I guess that doesn't matter.
    Boxster are very reliable but they are a touch...ahem...girlie....(ewww...maybe I shouldn't have said that) :blush:

Well I was just thinking it but you said it.
  • texasestexases Posts: 5,511
    Even had a show episode (2 1/2 men) revolving around their 'chick car' status...don't think applied to Caymans, at least.
    Of course, for the same price of this EVO I could buy a brand new MINI with whatever options/colors I want, and at the end of the loan I'll have more equity. Not "quite" the fun factor but not too far off the mark either.

AWD is over rated. Add some coil overs, a MINI-Madness sway bar, sticky tires and the MINI will be close to on par with the EVO handling wise.
    This color yellow?
    Haven't seen the '03 yet, so I don't know. That's a nice color you're showing....god I hate that stupid wing. When will people realize that these things are basically useless until about 130 mph, whether they be wings or spoilers (I guess technically that thing is a spoiler).

MINI--a properly set up modified MINI S is pretty ferocious in handling, that is true.

I think the EVO is a more reliable car however.

I don't know more things to break on the EVO with the AWD.

I would also argue that the little Tritec motor is under much less stress then the 4GXX motor in the EVO.
    You'd think so but the EVO's track and warranty record is outstanding....

But, but, but it is a Mitsibishi...

I guess every once in a while they get lucky.
    Well they got rid of Chrysler---that helped.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,614
    i agree. get rid of the spoiler. add a bull bar on the front and some step bars and it will be perfect! ;)
    I think it's got to be the yellow '03. The '04 has leather and roof but is $3,500 more and has higher miles. Leather is nice but I'd cover it anyway as I'm rough on interiors, and a sunroof does compromise chassis rigidity on a cheapo car like a Lancer I think. As for premium sound, I'd rather add my own with satellite and nav.

I'm going to test drive it Monday.

You know how much those wings cost new? $1,800!

(Wonder if I could sell it to some boy racer?)

I am positive you could sell that wing to someone. Someone with a base lancer without the wing that is trying to uhhhh "improve" it would buy it.

A few years ago Sport Compact Car had a WRX STI that they were De-blining Mad Max style and they swapped their deck lid with some kid who had a regular WRX.
    I could just fill the holes and paint the lid. This will be interesting...if I buy it, I'll have a net gain of 166HP in one day.

Hard to believe this dinky stock EVO 4-cylinder puts out more power than my porsche 928 V-8 did.

How long do you think you'll keep it? Might take off the wing, store it, plug the holes (there's got to be some plastic plugs that'd work), then have an 'unmolested' example when the time comes to sell to some other EVO fan.
    Also possible...there are only 4 holes....there's also a very tasteful "Ralliart" wing that could be substituted. It's kind of a small wing/spoiler thingie...a low aero wing of sorts.

This discussion has been closed.