Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-9 GPS and Navigation

baxterdownbaxterdown Posts: 36
Hi everyone,

I test drove the CX-9 yesterday and loved it! I noticed that the Navigation's map didn't turn. Does anyone know if the CX-9's nav map has dynamic turn?

To further explain, dynamic turn is when the vehicle marker stays static pointing towards the hood of the vehicle. In contrast, it is he map that turns as the vehicle turns. This way, the car is always traveling in the same direction as the map...

Jose

Comments

• lexxm3lexxm3 Posts: 8
    Yes, this is one of the modes. Note that I've known this to be normally called "Track Up" display mode on every GPS unit I've player with, 4-5 of them. Versus "North Up" mode.
  • mlkittmlkitt Posts: 2
    I would not suggest buying the Mazda system. We recently bought an RX8 with the navigation system and while we love the car we hate this system. Once the car is in motion very few of the options in the system are available for use. You are not even allowed to find the closest resturant or ATM without stopping the vehicle. We own a Roadmate portable that has touchscreen and you can do anything at any time and it was less than half the price.
  • geraintgeraint Posts: 2
    Can you tell me how you activate this mode? My AWD GT came with no instruction book for the navigation system and the 3 minute guide that the sales guy gave me wasn't terribly illuminating.
  • lexxm3lexxm3 Posts: 8
    I am not in front of the car right now, but I believe you toggle between "track up" and "north up" modes by tapping the the compass-looking symbol in the upper left corner. It's too bad that we don't have a PDF owner manual for the navigation, it would have been easy to search it for "track up".

Lexx
  • geraintgeraint Posts: 2
    thank you - that was it. soooo much nicer using it this way.

g
  • svofan2svofan2 Posts: 440
    My AWD GT came with no instruction book for the navigation system and the 3 minute guide that the sales guy gave me wasn't terribly illuminating".....how could this be when one buys such an expensive option?...anybody complaint to Mazda?....
  • imamgimamg Posts: 136
    Mazda has recognized that some of the cars were shipped w/o the nav manuals... contact your dealer for them to provide one for you... they are available...
    If you regester you vehicle on Mazdausa.com... you can access the owners manual(s) via pdf format.
  • I have programmed in 10 different destinations over the past few months. Recently I wanted to go back to a place the nav. system had already guided me to. When I chose "previous destinations" the "list" option is always greyed out. The only option I can choose is delete or delete all. How to I get it to allow me to choose list so I don't have to put in the entire address again. I have tried when stopped and in park and the "manual" is useless.

I appreciate any help
    I was just in a CX-7 with nave at our dealer...and went through the program...

You have to go to destination entry.... and if you scroll down it'll show... previous destinations... from there you can select the one you want...

Hope this helps.
  • I did what you said and never realized that you could scroll down on that menu. Thanks, it worked.
    Awesome... I'm glad it worked! Keep the questions and information coming... I'm still getting to know "our" CX-9... This weekend had the opportunity to realy use the Nav system... (w/o voice) and realy enjoy the visuals.
  • x5killerx5killer Posts: 368
    hows does the NAV in the CX-9 compare to the NAV system in teh Subaru B9 TRibeca which I have found very decent besides like many including lexus not being able to input a destination whiel driving.
  • sedmundsedmund Posts: 93
    If "home" is already set, how can I delete it or override it? "Destination Entry"->"Home" takes me to the map, but after selecting my home from that map what's the next step? On that screen, I see "destination", "memory pt" and "way pt" but none of them helps me set that location as my home.
  • I have two acura's and can use the navigation system without voice activation on the fly, to create waypoints and reroute to a different address, etc....With the Mazda nav system, are you able to create a way point or reroute by voice or do you have to be in park to do that?
  • tonymogletonymogle Posts: 14
    Does anyone understand how to use the voice commands for the cx-9 navigation system? It seems that when on the fly they want you to change destination via voice recognition not by touch screen.

When I give a voice command such as "fast food" or "golf course" the nav system simply says it back to me and then drops me back to the audio system.

Is there a way to enable the touch screen while in motion so that a passenger can use the screen to change destinations?
  • ocalaocala Posts: 11
    I have had the CX-9 for over a month, and the Nav will never automatically revert to night mode. I have to physically change the display mode myself.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
  • gramx10gramx10 Posts: 3
    What is the current version of the CX-9 navigation software?
    it doesnt change automaticaly... and there's no setting to force it to.
  • So just so I'm clear. You can NOT program the navigation when driving...you have to be in park? Please tell me that isn't so.