Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Noises

azera_06azera_06 Posts: 15
My 2006 Azera (powder white) Limited Edition has 7500 miles on it, and just recently I've detected a squeaky noise, which seems to be coming from the cowl area, right where the windshield lays against the dash. The noise isn't constant, it comes and goes. Anyone else out there hearing what I'm hearing?

Comments

• pahefner01pahefner01 Posts: 202
    My 06 Azera has almost 19,000 miles on it and I have encountered no noises inside. Sounds like you might have an isolated problem. I'd take it back to the dealer and describe the noise and it's location in detail. Maybe it's even worth taking a small recorder with you in the car to capture the noise. I won't even try to guess what it is.
  • azera_06azera_06 Posts: 15
    Appreciate the reply pahefner01. I have a service appointment scheduled for Thursday, April 26th. The noise sounds like two surfaces rubbing together, and seems to be coming from the area right where the windshield sets on the dash. It comes and goes too, really irritating Hopefully the service technician will be able to isolate the origin and fix it. I'll be sure to post the results of my visit.

Take care, ;)
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Posts: 1,190
    Do you get noise with radio both on and off?
    Do you get noise with AC both on and off?
    Do you get noise with radio both on and off? yes
    Do you get noise with AC both on and off? yes
  • cobrazeracobrazera Posts: 352
    Anybody out there with an Azera with high miles ( over 30k or 40K )? I'm curious to see how it's holding up per squeaks, rattles, etc. as miles get higher. We only have 6K and it's still superquiet.
  • wardswards Posts: 17
    The only squeak I get is from the center consol and only once in awhile . 28000 km's and still the quietest car I've owned. Wards.
    Wouldn't you know, the squeaking noise decided that it wasn't going to squeak today. Consequently the Hyundai Service Technician couldn't isolate the noise. However, he made some adjustments. Meantime, I'll have to wait and listen for the noise to return. ;)
  • kevin74kevin74 Posts: 3
    also some dirty in radiator inside. it looks engine oil slurry. you can see that if you opne cap.

terrible problem.....
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Regarding the engine oil issue, let's continue here kevin74, "Hyundai Azera 2006" #3778, 28 Apr 2007 12:08 am since that really isn't related to Azera noises.
  • I have a 06 Azera. And it has 21k on it. Every morning when I drive it out and on the road for about 40 seconds. I feel a tiny vibration on gas paddle and tiny sound like some air-gate/valve being opened. Is that similar? Does this matters? Once everyday in the morning.
  • Don't you just hate that when a car won't do what it was doing when you take it to the dealer. That's why I suggested taping it, although in a moving auto that might be hard to do. Maybe a camcorder?
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Taping it is worth a try (if it can be done safely of course), but it could still be that the noise can't be tracked down and fixed unless it is occurring right in front of the service tech. A tape could convince the tech that it's occurring, but I'm not sure the cause could be isolated from a tape alone.
  • :sick: I have a similar problem with my 2007 Azera. Here is the text of the problem as I posted on another Hyundai.forum. You are not alone. I love(d) my car otherwise:

Anyone have an issue with a squeaking noise coming from the dashboard? It sounds like it's coming from where the windshield meets the dash. The sqeak only happens when I come to a stop and as soon as I begin to accelerate. I don't hear it while driving. If you have ever heard an old car that has a body which is beginning to "flex", you'll know what it sound is like. Kind of like a "creaking around the joints". It certainly does not impart a comforting impression of solidity or safety by the occupants.

So I took my '07 Azera to the dealer on November 19th for an oil change, to fix a sticky cupholder cover, and the noise in the dash. Haven't gotten it back since.

At first the dealer thought it was the dash itself so they took that apart, put in some felt but found the sqeak was still there after putting the dash back together again.

They called to tell me that upon closer inspection, they found that the sqeak was coming from a bad weld at the base of the "A" pillar and that they were going to send it to their body shop for repair. It's been two weeks now and I haven't heard back from them. Nor have my messages been returned by the service advisor.

I'm beginning to get concerned. Luckily, I have another car to drive but I really miss my Azzy and am wondering if it is a suspension/subframe issue and if it is serious. I been able to live with the irritating plastic compression noise when I place my arm on the center console but this sqeak is driving me nuts. I love the car and want nothing more than for it to be fixed.

Any ideas?
  • hjc1hjc1 Posts: 183
    I'm surprised that your dealer did not supply a no charge loaner...my dealer does.
    You sure are a patient man. If it was my car I wouldn't call I'd be down their talking to the General Manager
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Posts: 1,190
    I did not read that he wasn't offered a loaner by dealer.
  • Good point. You know what, I didn't even ask if I could get a loaner! I dropped it off at 7:30 in the morning thinking that I would get it back that afternoon so I rode my bike home (I only live about three miles from the dealership).

At this juncture, not having a loaner might help my case if I have to go to arbitration re: Lemon Law.

Stay tuned.....
  • Got a call from the dealer today. They confirmed once again that it is a bad weld where the A pillar meets the firewall. Because they are not able to fix it at their body shop, they are sending it to another body shop (!) for repair and should have better news for me by the end of the week.

I hope it doesn't make more noise after they fix it and put averything back together again. The car is so quiet I'll hear everything.
  • cwj3620cwj3620 Posts: 14
    Whenever I slam my trunk OR slam my drivers side rear door I can hear a rattle which sounds like a loose thin piece of metal. The noise is coming from the drivers side of center and from under the trunk between the bumper maybe. I have had my wife slam the trunk with my head under the rear end but can't seem to find the source, but it is there. The other forum (Hyundai-Forums.com) have a Post going about this. Some can hear it at low speed going over a bump, I can't. Has anyone had this experience? Check it out.

CJ
  • hjc1hjc1 Posts: 183
    Check to lic. plate bracket on the trunk. I had a similar problem on my XG350
    I had to put a small soft rubber bumber behind the plate. My 07 Azera is dead quiet.............