Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Noises

13»

Comments

• jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    should have been under the 5yr/50kmile warranty....?????
  • cobrazeracobrazera Posts: 352
    Dream on. They claimed I must have hit some road debris. Even if I did, with proper design it should not have happened. They seem to always come up with an excuse why it isn't covered.

When I requested warranty repair/replacement of the chipped steering wheel, they claimed we scratched it with ring or keys. We drove a Jag for 3 years and never had a problem with its wood steering wheel. I saw an '11 Azera in the showroom and noted it no longer has the " wood " steering wheel. Too many complaints? Our wheel now looks " factory new ( LOL ) " thanks to custom steering wheel chip filler: finger nail polish
  • tinydog1tinydog1 Posts: 83
    edited October 2010
    Happened to me too, on a Friday evening, going out of town about 6 months ago. We were about 14 miles away from home, traveling at 75mph when we hear a faint scraping sound. We pulled over in rush hour traffic to check and found the large panel under the right side dragging on the ground. The dealer picked up the car and replaced the panels under warranty. My Azera is a 2006 and this happened with about 25K on it. I had my dash replaced 3 weeks ago due to cracking, also under warranty and valve cover gaskets due to seepage ( this was probably caused by hardening of the gasket material due to the car not being run very often). Had steering wheel replaced 2 years ago for chipping also covered, however, I think I was responsible for the chip, problem has not recurred.
  • jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    as you mentioned "wood"
  • Just had this happen on the turnpike. Need to run to HD for nuts etc... do you happen to recall the size of the bolt?
  • Just got a 2006 Azera Limited, 67K miles flat.

1st night taking it for a cruise, going EAST down the highway at 85-90 was fine, in fact, very fun in such a quick little car. I love the Azera it's zippy and fast as hell.

We drove about an hour out of town to a small turnaround area that was dirtt and bumpy. bumped around a little bit nothing sounded like it dragged while turning around in the dirt.

My girl took over for the drive back, and around 75-80mph we got the front lower right bumper drag sound. I thought we had bumped a piece of the plastic undercarriage on the dirt and it was rubbing the wheel or something.

Now i understand it must have certainly been the bumper drag issue due to small washers.

Best way to fix this on my own? Quick and easy?

Also the cap on the rear passenger side door handle came off which is very common on this year and model apparently. Anything I can put on there temporarily to keep the handle from disassembling?
13»