Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Braking Questions

2»

Comments

• what should i do about shake in brakes when applied? guessing warped rotors,considering dimpled or drilled rotors. is this a waste of time or a conceivable solution? its on a 2006 dodge 1500 4x4 quad cab with the 5.7 in it.
  • What is the square box mounted on the firewall adjacent to the master cylinder (they are connected by brake lines). The box is making a humming sound even after the ignition is shut off. It is causing the brakes to go squishy and actuating the brake lights intermittantly... Help
  • Im havin a brake problem with my truck and was wonderin if yall can give some guidance. The truck started out with a squeak in the brakes and I thought they just needed to be clean cause I just put new pads in. Now that squeak has changed pitch and sometimes sounds like a rubbin sound. I also lose breaking power when I turn it to the right. It becomes harder to brake and there is play in the pedal. Thanks for any help.
  • Brake squeal is caused by a high pitched vibration. Did you turn the drums when you replaced the pads? Wet the pads see if this helps,check to be sure all bolts are tight, replace the caliper hardware, be sure any shims are in their correct place, be sure nohing is rubbing against the backing plates, did you use semi metalic or ceramic pads, lubricate the caliper slides and pins. Put the truck in drive and sit there for a few minutes with your foot on the brake, the pedal should not sink to the floor.
    Corkscrew
  • I was installing new shocks and when I removed the drivers side rear a rubber hose with a bracket tha mounts to the frame fell off.This hose goes to a junction block thats on the rear axle. This has the brake lines coming in and going out to the rear wheel cylinders.This hose is by itself and has a plastic fitting on the end of it. I have looked all over and cannot find where this hose connects too.I have rear abs and have no idea what this hose is for.Any help would be great
  • 2000 DIESEL 4 X 4 REPLACED PADS ROTERS CALIPERS AND HOSES - THE FRONT BRAKES HANG UP SOMETIMES AND CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT...IS IT THE COMBINATION VALVE OR THE MASTER OR WHAT - ANYBODY GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?
  • silkytsilkyt Posts: 1
    Having the same problem. Let me know when you find out. 2001 2500 Ram
  • 03ram3203ram32 Posts: 1
    I have an 03 Ram 1500 single cab. I have recently replaced tires, brake pads, and had the rotors turned. When I step on the brakes their is a vibration. I am wondering if there might be an uneven pressure from the master cylinder. Can anyone give me some ideas?
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Posts: 382
    Well, this isn't a timely reply, but the rotors are possibly shot. Explain the problem to the shop that did the work, but don't mention anything other than a vibration when braking.

It could be other things too, but mostly likely its the brakes.
  • I have a 98 4x4 club cab and had a brake squeak and changed the rotors, pads, and calipers now when i put the rotor on it rubs everything behind it have rechecked the rotors and they are the right size any ideas on what I am missing? makes no sense thanks you
  • I have an 04 ram 1500 hemi 4x2 with 60k miles, which has a vibration in the entire truck when braking, but only in the 40-45 mph range. The truck does not pull to either side, and brakes fine throughout the mph range other than that specific 40-45 spot. It rides fine while not braking. Any ideas ? The brakes were done about 20k miles ago I think - and I recently had the tires rotated and the shop sugggested that my tie rods be changed and that my rotors were going to be ready soon to be changed also.
  • raloooralooo Posts: 1
    i have the same problem . where does the hose go to?
  • That plastic fitting is a one way Air valve for the rear diff it just hangs face up to the frame
2»