Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Keys and Locks

2»

Comments

• pelican19pelican19 Posts: 323
    My Limited 07 AWD is set to 5 mph. ( First Generation 07 ). My wife's 07 is set to 15 mph ( Second Generation 07 ). Not sure why the option for lower speeds was removed in later production runs...
  • 93fd0793fd07 Posts: 2
    When Unlocking the doors with the remote, the driver door unlocks with the first press of the button and the other doors unlock at the second press of the button within 4 seconds.

Question: Is there a way to reprogram to have all doors unlock at first press of the button?

Chris.
    08 SantaFe Limited
  • drwoodrdrwoodr Posts: 88
    I don't know if this is possible, but I think the reason it works the way it does is for safety. Depending upon where you are parked, you may want to unlock only the driver door. Unlocking all doors could allow someone to get into your car from the passenger side.
  • How do you reset remote door locks?
  • slateblueslateblue Posts: 110
    Your dealer will have to do that for you.
  • I have had a 2008 Santa Fe crdi for 3 months and I miss the "beep" when locking the doors remotely. Is there a way to add a beep to the locking mechanism. Could I fit a 12 volt beeper of some sort across the door locking line. Its so handy to be able to lock without looking - not to mention finding a vehicle in a car park when you cant remember where you left it!! Help please from New Zealand
  • My 2007 Santa Fe beeps if I push the lock button a second time, perhaps 2008 or others built outside of the USA are different. Talk to your dealer if that does not work.
  • On the Remote, first press to lock should flash the blinkers, second press should sound the horn. If this is not happening, dealer will have to check operation/program of locks.

If you mean the "beep" of the type of after sales locking devices instead of the horn sounding, then that's a different matter. Probably means a re-fit at your expense.
  • AugAug Posts: 2
    my keyless remote will not lock the doors. I have 2 remotes and it will not work with either. If I lock the doors manualy. and press the remote unlock the lights flash, but the doors stay locked. I can hear a clicking, like a relay sound under the dash. when I press lock I do not hear anything. Is my prob a relay under the dash, and how is it accessed. tks for any help
  • I own a ' 04 Santa Fe and need instruction to program a remote. I lost one of the the originals, but still have the second one from the original purchase. I bought a replacement via ebay when I bought the car. The dealership wanted some outrageous $$ for an additional remote. I do not have instructions to do the programing. Does anyone know proper procedure to program them?
  • mullamulla Posts: 1
    I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2005 that is not responding to a replaced key that has a code. Our Hyundai garage has suggested we have a new imboliser installed so the key will work, which is going to cost us an additional $1000. Is there something else the garage can try to make the key work?
  • jcwsbltdjcwsbltd Posts: 167
    If the Service Guy is saying it's the immobiliser that is the problem, then why not just get them to disconnect it altogether. There has to be a way to properly program your new remote and key to operate the lock, they are just being dumb about it.
  • muffinbmuffinb Posts: 2
    Teacher; Go to this site it will explain how to do it.

http://www.santafemods.com/Mods/TransmitterCode.htm

You will find the receiver on the left side of the dirvers compartment behind the fuse box. It is hard to find but it is there. I just did it on my 03 Santa Fe, Very simple. By the way take off the lower panel of the dash. 3 screws I think, makes it a lot easier.
  • oscar_gataoscar_gata Posts: 96
    Did you buy that 2005 Santa Fe in the US? US Santa Fe's have never had immobilizers - not today and not four years ago.
  • jcwsbltdjcwsbltd Posts: 167
    The Dealers here in Phoenix were trying to force you to buy an immobiliser by pre-installing it as an option prior to the sale.....they got pissed with me when I refused to pay for it (waay overpriced) as I had not ordered it. I assume a lot of dealers were trying to do the same for the extra bucks, along with hard selling the worthless extended warranty and charging extra for floor mats.
  • teacher447teacher447 Posts: 21
    Thanks a lot. I'll get to it next wekend, unless my wife gets me to do some work.
  • markl68markl68 Posts: 1
    Has anyone actually programed a remote to work on a 2004 Santa Fe? I simply can't fint a remote switch under the dash and have read on other websites that starting with 2004 it has to be done at the dealer. If anyone has any information specifically for a 2004, that would help me out!
  • car will not lock but will unlock. does anyone know where the fob relay is located??
  • It is under the dash, roughly above the brake peddle.
  • husband has locked keys in car - we dont have a spare but we think we have the number (mcgard number) to get another, we only need a key to open the door - not start the engine as the one locked in the car will do that. Do we get this from the dealer - how long will it take - and how much is it likely to cost ...... we are in UK.
  • kdconodkdconod Posts: 46
    Can't say for the UK but here in US it was very easy and quick to get a key from dealer. Cost about $12 US.
2»