Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Santa Fe Keys and Locks

13»

Comments

• I own a ' 04 Santa Fe and need instruction to program a remote. I lost one of the the originals, but still have the second one from the original purchase. I bought a replacement via ebay when I bought the car. The dealership wanted some outrageous $$ for an additional remote. I do not have instructions to do the programing. Does anyone know proper procedure to program them?
  • mullamulla Posts: 1
    I have a Hyundai Santa Fe 2005 that is not responding to a replaced key that has a code. Our Hyundai garage has suggested we have a new imboliser installed so the key will work, which is going to cost us an additional $1000. Is there something else the garage can try to make the key work?
  • jcwsbltdjcwsbltd Posts: 167
    If the Service Guy is saying it's the immobiliser that is the problem, then why not just get them to disconnect it altogether. There has to be a way to properly program your new remote and key to operate the lock, they are just being dumb about it.
  • muffinbmuffinb Posts: 2
    Teacher; Go to this site it will explain how to do it.

http://www.santafemods.com/Mods/TransmitterCode.htm

You will find the receiver on the left side of the dirvers compartment behind the fuse box. It is hard to find but it is there. I just did it on my 03 Santa Fe, Very simple. By the way take off the lower panel of the dash. 3 screws I think, makes it a lot easier.
  • oscar_gataoscar_gata Posts: 96
    Did you buy that 2005 Santa Fe in the US? US Santa Fe's have never had immobilizers - not today and not four years ago.
  • jcwsbltdjcwsbltd Posts: 167
    The Dealers here in Phoenix were trying to force you to buy an immobiliser by pre-installing it as an option prior to the sale.....they got pissed with me when I refused to pay for it (waay overpriced) as I had not ordered it. I assume a lot of dealers were trying to do the same for the extra bucks, along with hard selling the worthless extended warranty and charging extra for floor mats.
  • teacher447teacher447 Posts: 21
    Thanks a lot. I'll get to it next wekend, unless my wife gets me to do some work.
  • markl68markl68 Posts: 1
    Has anyone actually programed a remote to work on a 2004 Santa Fe? I simply can't fint a remote switch under the dash and have read on other websites that starting with 2004 it has to be done at the dealer. If anyone has any information specifically for a 2004, that would help me out!
  • car will not lock but will unlock. does anyone know where the fob relay is located??
  • It is under the dash, roughly above the brake peddle.
  • husband has locked keys in car - we dont have a spare but we think we have the number (mcgard number) to get another, we only need a key to open the door - not start the engine as the one locked in the car will do that. Do we get this from the dealer - how long will it take - and how much is it likely to cost ...... we are in UK.
  • kdconodkdconod Posts: 46
    Can't say for the UK but here in US it was very easy and quick to get a key from dealer. Cost about $12 US.
13»