Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Power Window Problems

Comments

• Yes I will post the verdict. GM is in the process of working the issue and will get back with me soon.

Steve
  • Have you received word yet from GM in regards to the issue with the Chevy Trailblazer power windows?
  • I have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer and my right side passenger window will not go up all the way. I have had this issue in the past and had to replace the motor about 2 years ago. At that time the window was all the way down and wouldnt move. It cost approximately $300.00. At this time my window is half way up and wont move. Im getting a little upset because I dont really want to spend another $300.00 on a window that was just fixed. Please help.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Kfullmer,

Did you have the previous repair performed at a GM Dealership? Can we follow up with that for you? Send an email with your contact information to the address in my profile, and we’ll go forward from there!

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • i would also like to complain about my "new" used chevy. i just got it and things are really wrong with this truck. the drivers side door panel does not work half the time.. the other day i got stuck in my car. the door was locked, and i tried to unlock it manually and with the button, and nothing worked. what it there was an emergency? i had to unlock it from the outside, after getting out through the passenger seat. the window buttons make the windows go down, but not back up. i have to climb to each window and use those buttons, might as well have manual windows. i don't want the window motor burning up, that sounds dangerous. and i don't know if this is related, but when the truck is idling, about every 10-20 seconds the lights dim and the engines sounds like it falters, then it kicks right back up. hmmm. i just paid an arm and a leg for this used vehicle, it's no wonder the previous owners turned it in. there's not a chevy dealer in town, but i would love to give you all my vin info and whatnot to see what you can do to help us. i am not paying for repairs on a truck that is only 5 years old. this is obviously a manufacturer error. :confuse: :confuse:
  • I have a 2008 trailblazer with less than 23,000 original miles. My drivers side window gets stuck and will not go UP! The passenger side seems to have a similar problem, but it does go up, unlike the driver's side.

With a vehicle that has this low mileage this type of thing should not be happening. Why wasn't there a recall about this, since so many people are having the same problems. We buy a vehicle and expect it to last!!

So, what is the problem? Is it something I can fix myself? How can we figure out what exactly the problem is? Could it just need a new switch? :cry:
  • shoobyshooby Posts: 4
    I have a 2006 Trailblazer. Similar problem. One day all power to driver side door died! Remote unlocks all doors except for Drivers side. No buttons / switches on driver side door work. I can't control windows, locks or mirrors from driver side controls. All other windows work when you use their button on their door. I was told to replace the main Drivers side window control switch. ($250 on-line) Can anyone confirm this will resolve the issue? Don't want to throw $250 out the window. And does it really need to be programed as someone in this forum stated?? If so, that's completely ridiculous! In closing, this vehicle has been the BIGGEST P.O.S. I've ever owned! Only 50K miles and more problem than you could imagine! Sorry to say this will be my LAST GM vehicle I ever own!!!!
  • If the radio immediately shuts off when you turn the ignition off then it could be a fuse. I left the window open in the rain. I closed the window, but I fried the door control and blew a fuse. I took a flat screwdriver and carefully pried the door control out and it had a burn mark on it and stunk. All parts of that door were dead to the point when you opened it, the map light didn't even come on. Other doors all fine and locked with key fob.
    The door control for an 07 was $265 which sucked. My dealership charged for a half hour of work to program it. Call around because some will try to charge you an hour and all their prices vary. Check the fuse first though. My next vehicle will have an old fashioned crank... good luck.
  • nascar15nascar15 Posts: 1
    i have a 2007 trailblazer and i am having major problems with this vehicle. first the gas gauge went out and i am constantly running out of gas which is a danger to me and my small children. now the power window switch on the driver's side is not working. who can i complain to.
  • I got a letter from Chevy last summer. They know there are problems with the 07 TB gas guages. They offered to pay for HALF of the repairs. AS IF I am paying half! They need to pay for the whole damn thing! That's a $400 job. I set my trip odometer to zero when I fill up. I refill when I get to 300 miles. I can go up to 380... I tried that once and ran out of gas one summer... So I figure 350 in summer and 300 in winter since they put extra crap in our gas at that time of year and I'm using more 4x4...
  • shoobyshooby Posts: 4
    Yup! I had to do the same thing.. I got the letter from GM a week after I replace the gauge. (Which is the entire fuel pump!) I think the damn thing cost me $250.00 if I remember correctly! I installed it myself! I sent them a nasty letter and a copy of my receipt demanding full reimbursement. They sent back a letter saying it had to be done at a dealer.. bla.. bla.. bla! Now this damn door problem and i also have my oil light on and check engine light (AGAIN) Oil pressure is good, oil is clean. Ran diags and no computer codes for the oil light but numerous codes for communication error.. WTF is that?? Soo sick of this P.O.S!!! Cant wait to get rid of it! NEVER BUYING GM AGAIN!!!!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Hello nascar15,

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling safe about this vehicle with your children! What steps have you taken already to get this looked into?

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Hello shooby,

Did you pursue the reimbursement at the dealership? Did you ever hear back on that?

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • GM lies...I have a 2006 chevy Trail Blazer and nothing rattles. You said something smells like its burning...it is probably your main window power switch. Mine caught fire, its very unsafe. When I contacted GM they told me I would have to pay for it myself. But I have recently came across a blog that the safety commision is asking for this problem to be a safety recall before some dies in a car fire due to this problem. I am now letting everyonr know that they need call and make a complaint so that GM has to fix the problems with these vehicles....Please call 1-888-327-4236 and let them know about all the issues you are having including the burning smell. We pay good money for these trucks and shouldn't have to pay to fix GM's mistakes.
  • I will never own another Chevy again. Right after we paid it off, the engine blew- we took it to the dealership when the check engine light came on. They could not find anything wrong with it..TWICE! So it blew a bearing. Had to get a rebuilt engine. Now the air vents do not work. I am so tired of all the problems..the windows, the rattles, speakers, engine, air vents. I take great care of my cars but this car seems like it's been beat all to heck. Maybe one day GM will get it right?
  • I also have a 2006 Blazer and had a fire in the main door switch box. We had to pay for the entire switch box and new window motor/regulator in drivers door.
  • @Sarah - Gm Customer Service

How come you only reply to this particular person - can't you see we are all having the same problems.

Maybe it's time we all file a lawsuit with GM for failure to acknowledge our problems we are all having and fix them they way they should be fixed and not half assed
  • 07tbss307tbss3 Posts: 1
    Well...It seems the window problem is not exclusive to me. My wife called me this morning and told me that on her way to drop our 3 year old son off at daycare and proceed on to work, she had to stop on the highway and pull our son out of the car because she smelled something burning. But she couldn't, because the door wouldn't open. She tried manually unlocking the door, nothing. Rolling down the window, and again nothing. So she had to climb over the center console and exit through the passenger side door. Come to find out, the master window switch had CAUGHT FIRE and melted the circuit board. I am absolutely outraged that this many people are coming forward with this issue and it's not being resolved. I have owned this truck for 2 years and it now has 112,000 miles. Let me share with you some maintenance that has been done during that time. At 97,000 miles: transmission, right side of front differential shattered, broken sunroof(still not fixed), oxygen sensors, exhaust manifold gaskets, tire pressure monitoring system, and stabilitrac sensor, all of this went wrong from when I bought it with 82,000 from 97, 000 and the bill was $3,200. THEN... oh yes it gets better, a year after all of that gets done it has to go in again. This time it has 110, 000 miles and I take it to my buddy to repair (works at an auto repair facility) on March 2012. Here is the new list... left side front differential is shattered, stabilitrac sensor broken again, all four upper and lower ball joints are loose, both outer tie rod ends are loose, pinion seal leak in the rear differential, power steering lines are leaking badly. Now after spending an additional $3,600 for the second major repair in the 30,000 I've owned the car, it looks like I will have to shell out another $350 for a window switch?? Come on GM, RECALL PLEASE. Any suggestions?
  • I aint buying another chevy again...not ever...I bought a brand new trailblazer in 2006.. and the thing is a headache..The gas gauge quit on me..The windshield washer don't work..idler bearings on the engine have been replaced.. the back glass won't lock. The driver side window controller burnt out and the new one I bought don't work..I blow head lamps tail lamps and turn signals pretty regular.. the right front speaker plays music when it decides to..I own two other vehichle besides this one, both are Fords, thank god for that..This vehichle is my punishment for not owning three fords..Now wander chevy went under and had to take a goverment bailout..
  • litehouselitehouse Posts: 4
    And now the radio is going yet again. I just had a new one put in last year and now the display is shot. So, along with the windows, the way it rides, the stereo, the engine...I am so done with this SUV. I wish that I could sell it and buy something that is not going to cause me so much problems.