Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL 2009

Comments

• sweendogysweendogy Left lanePosts: 1,161
    Lincolns two new cars are better looking then the TL.. I would equate thisTL restyle to that of the ford taurus of the late 90's- it went from a good looking car to something the jetsons would drive.. look what that did for ford..
  • The TL is not competing with the Lincolns. The TL competes with Audi and BMW and maybe the CTS
    Entry level lux class.. V6 -seats 5... AWD option-- who are they competing against then??
  • We still can't get past that beak of a grille, it's soon going to be time to trade our 07 type S and b/c of the styling, it won't be a TL, even though we've been solely Acura's for the last 7 years. In a circle of about 30 acquaintances, not one of us would consider the car styled like that. In my mind, the Mazda6 looks way better, and that's unfortunate for Acura.......
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Exactly, TL is not competing with Lincolns, "fords". Its your grandmas fancy Grand marquee. I wouldn't put CTS, BMW, Audi too high up though. Its nice, but not for its price tag, perhaps for a bit lower of price. But, caddy, BMW, have all been about the name, a little overrated. But, still really really nice! All nice cars, but for me, spending $40 on a CTS or the TL, well I am picking the TL in a heart beat. I will not choose a GM car ever. Never. lol. Sorry. thats just me. Maybe if they shape up, maybe.

Though the TL grill would have to be modified.
    would it be fair to say the Lincolns are competing against the acura?? Your statement on the CTS -- Caddy is building a great entry level car that competes directly with Acura-- and if it werent for the parent company -GM it would prob sell better. so your statement about "the name" could not be more false during these tough times at american car plants- lord knows it looks 1000% better then the current acura stable-.. look at the CTS-V-- where is Acura when it comes to exciting cars? It seems that all went away when they dropped the NSX and got rid of the integra.
  • Is the Tech package radio [400+ watt] that much more superior versus the base TL radio? The Tech package as a whole appears cool but I don't need a back-up camera and rarely use NAV so the radio upgrade needs to "meaningful" for me to bite? Any opinions out there?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,647
    On the way to work this morning, saw a new Acura TL in white. With the big, aluminum beak painted to match the body color. And you know what? Still hideous... As a TL owner/fan, I hope they correct this Aztekian styling theme sooner than later. JMHO, of course.

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• Hi there! Even if you just went with the premium audio system with a 7 speaker system, I would say your not going to be lacking in sound. Plus you will still get a 6 disc changer with XM, CD quality sound. Now, that being said it's not going to be the 5.1 Channel ELS surround sound, but you can still get that turned up concert sound that we all like on sunny days when driving fast.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    IMO, the DVD audio system is over-rated, for most consumers. For one thing, DVD audio discs are still not widely available. It's a shame they bundled the system with the Nav and rear camera. Ironically, for me, I would want the camera, but not necessarily the nav and the audio.
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Posts: 709
    I am sold on the SH AWD but not so much the extra expense of the Tech package. But it seems very few dealers stock the car this way. Any thoughts?
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    If you are in the northeast-I saw approx. 6 AWD NON TECH at Greenwich Acura on Friday, they were literally begging me take one-$500 over invoice.
  • You can get it for about 1 grand below invoice - that's how I got mine. Greenwich Acura is more expensive than others.
    Quote NJ's dealers (Sprigfield, Montclaire) over the internet and you'll see the difference.
    Although all programs ended on March 2nd I would still give it a try.
  • I have an 2008 Acura TL with Navigation. Since February 14th, I have not been receiving the Traffic Incidents on the GPS. I get the Message "There is no traffic incidents within 30 miles." Until recently, there has not been a instance in my morning commute in the Dallas/Fort Worth area where there are not numerous traffic incidents that are displayed on the GPS screen. I called XMradio and over the period of 2 days, they sent 4 "refresh" signals to my GPS which did not resolve the problem and also verified my subscription was valid. I also purchased from Acura, the latest 4.73a DVD update to see if that would fix the problem which it didn't. A coincidence I found is that XMradio combined their radio traffic channel for Dallas/Fort Worth with the traffic channel in Houston that occurred around February 14th the same time the "Traffic Incidents" on the GPS no longer provided information. I called my Acura dealership today and they advised they were not aware of this problem. I would appreciate a helpful reply if someone else has encountered this problem.
    I have done my research(TRUST ME) and I have never been offered 1k below invoice on the AWD TECH.The FWD TECH I do see those deals, but not on the AWD tech or non tech. I even called Montclair this morning and they mentioed they have two AWD in stock (not my color combo) and they want 500 below MSRP.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Realize, that if it wasn't for the crazy economy, people would NOT be getting the kind of amazing deals you see here. In a normal circumstance, the TSX and the TL would hold a high price tag for even a lease. To have these kind of deals available now, is the only good thing coming from the bad economy. Consider yourself lucky to get any kind of deal. You will not have this when the market is healed. But, that won't be for a long time. But, the car market needs to make any incentives available even after a better market. GM is no longer leasing, though they claim they cannot afford it, but I believe more people are opting for leasing, That will kill them, and bring Acura and other companys that are leasing ahead!! As its a not a permanent solution for a car. Deals can be had. It might be easier for one to obtain a lease rather than a massive loan.

Consider yourself lucky to have the deals we have now.
    You call .00237 (5.69%) a deal in this economy?
  • nubbin4nubbin4 Posts: 6
    So I opted for the AWD no-tech white/umber. I must say I really like it - as does the Mrs. The base "gadgets" and radio work well and the car handles great - although am looking forward to better weather to open it up. The grill does not "stand-out" given the color [my opinion] so very happy with the look. Paid UNDER invoice via Precision Acura in Princeton. They have a few more of these in stock although tech seems more common. I was treated fairly [Jim] and there site is up to date inventory wise. Good luck!
    Looking at the same car however I want the tech and the HPT package.
    No Dealer seems to have the car in a 60 miles radius from my house.
  • acura207acura207 Posts: 1
    nyc metro area, but willing to take the drive to get the car at the 'right' price. Speaking of that, what is the right price? Any incentives on this model? i cant even find the car and they want upwards of $500 /month PLUS tax either upfront or built in.( two dealers "offered" $640/month with $3000 down!!!! and it may not even be in my color choice (black with umber) Whats' reasonable? and when do i tell the dealer that i have $1500 credit from american honda financing if i finance with them again....(my fourth acura - integra, mdx, rl)
  • Will these wheels fit a 2008 Honda Accord EXL V6 sedan? The 5 spoke version with the slot in the middle of them?
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Posts: 384
    Took our first test drive today in a 2009 TL w/tech. My wife loved it. Since road noise bothers us now more than ever, we found the front seat road noise to be quieter than the rear seat. The vehicle had insulation everywhere I looked, but I still thought the vehicle was loud. The handling was good although we didn't toss it and the brakes were excellent as the salesman encouraged us to stomp the brakes and they were flawless. Cannot really say much else as the car performed like a car. Nothing stood out, but nothing was lacking either.

The Nav worked via voice commands with barely an issue. The acceleration was good and the ride composed, especially under braking. The dual aircon also responded to voice commands and performed flawlessly. The back seat comfort was good, but not great. The leather was stiff, but then again the vehicle was new.

We test drove 3 new vehicles today. I guess folks are getting really picky as all had 60 miles or more on them already. The vehicle that impressed me most, believe it or not, was a Dodge Ram 1500. It was very quiet on the road. We were looking for replacements for my wife's 1999 Accord. Since she liked the Ridgeline we also tried the Ram. The Ram was the highlight of the day for me. The wife however said the TL was for her, but greenlighted my getting the Ram. A friend of ours has a GS350. Both the wife and I agree the TL is the better vehicle, especially for headroom.

I thought others might enjoy my test drive, so I'm posting. We considered the TL over the Accord cuz the Accord has VCM complaints. The TL was flawless. Btw, the Dodge Ram w/MDS was also flawless.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,205
    Allowing for the fact that car sales are way down, does anyone know how well the '09 TL is selling? Do model year-to-date sales indicate success or disappointment?
    I haven't seen any hard sales data, but I know I haven't seen many on the road (no more than 5 or so). I took my '04 in for service today and they drove me back to the office in an '09, so I casually asked how they are selling. He hesitated, smiled, and said they are selling "ok". Then he candidly admitted that a lot of people are having issues with the exterior styling. The FWD Base is definitley not pretty. The AWD and/or with tech package, with the bigger wheels, can look decent in the right color. And on top of everything else, it's so damn big!
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Posts: 4,205
    Your comments are in sync with my perceptions. The '09 is a real disappointment in terms of style and size, so it doesn't surprise me that it isn't selling well. I prefer the appearance and size of the '04-'08s, and even the '99-'03 generation.
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've read plenty about the controversial 'looks' of the new TL. Spend more than 10 minutes in one and you could care less. We picked up our new one today, AWD, white, non tech. Its fabulous. Does everything our 325 could do with more comfort and less noise. The seats are like gloves, and the size is perfect. According to the dealers, the AWD's in the northeast are 'hot', and they hardly have any in the lot at any time. There were 2 at our dealer with at least 25 FWDs there. I totally agree with sweendogy's final conclusions.
    "According to the dealers, the AWD's in the northeast are 'hot',"

Well, they're car salesmen. Did you expect them to say anything other than that? Car salesmen make lawyers sound honest by comparison. Have you actually seen many new TLs on the road? They are almost invisible in my town.
    "Well, they're car salesmen""
    Duh....lets state the obvious for everyone's edification.
    "Have you actually seen many new TLs on the road?"
    That is certainly a source of hard data. In fact I'm seeing more and more, especially the one in my driveway.
    btw, I have seen the sales figures and the TL numbers have been increasing since January.
    I know you have the White Exterior, what color is the interior?
    Hi Billy, I have the taupe/black interior. One of the 'enhancements' of the AWD is fancier stitching on the seats, and the lower part of the interior is black, which is so much easier to live with than a light gray or tan-like color. It gives a bit of flash I was looking for after the black and/or bland interiors of a few of our previous cars. The wheels on the AWD are also a bit darker than the FWD.