Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acura TL 2009

1919293949597»

Comments

• billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    Same here, I have the 2009 AWD with the Tech Package and I love it- last weekend I put several coats of Zaino polish on-WOW.
    I think it looks more aggresive on the road than the refreshed version especially from behind with the faux quads. I only have approx 10K miles on but I am taking it down to Harrisburg PA next week-travelling from CT. I hope I dont get much rock chips on the front end.
  • I just traded in my accord coupe for a CPO '09 TL SH-AWD Tech w/ HPTs and this is by far my favorite car. I have the pearl white with the umber leather...what a great combination!!! The kids love having more backseat room. Before, my '95 Mazda Millenia S was my alI-time favorite car but this TL is all that and then some. The ride is firm with the 19s but there are no rattles. The sound of the quad exhaust is so euphoric that I look for excuses to drive it.
    Although the 2012 mild refresh may have addressed the opinion of the masses, the 2009 - 11s have more character and a more aggressive look. The TL is an awesome car....don't believe the critics. Drive it for yourself. Glad I did!!!!
  • jwboothjwbooth Posts: 27
    Lost one of my keys today.

Acura dealers closed now, but I believe I was told it's a few hundred dollars for a replacement key.

Is there a discount place online that can replace a key for a cheaper price?

I have a feeling no, that it's only going to be an Acura dealer, but I'm hoping there's a more economical way.

Also - is there a main Edmunds Acura forum where I can post this, as this is a question for everyone who has an Acura key with a sensor chip in it? The post is really not only for this forum.
  • jwboothjwbooth Posts: 27
    I have an '09 TL and for the 1st time since I got the car I'm disgusted with Acura.

I didn't renew my AAA membership because Acura told me I'm covered for all of those things that I would use the AAA for.

Tonight I lost my key after starting the car - not sure exactly how.
    Pulled into a gas station, turned off the car. Then realized my key is missing. The car is in park, so cannot push it.

Called Acura for a tow, using their Roadside Service number for the 1st time. I was planning to visit a friend about 40 yards from the gas station.

Acura told me they can tow me FOR FREE to the nearest Acura dealer, who is about 7 miles away.
    But they would charge me $83 to tow me 40 yards to where I want to go (and leave the car until tomorrow, when I can get my 2nd key).

I spoke to a manager, but common sense and logic and customer service did NOT prevail - I was left with those as my only 2 options.

Disgusted with Acura.
    I reread their roadside info.
    It states that they will tow to the nearest dealer, even if it's 400 miles away - for no charge.

When I read that I didn't realize that was my ONLY option - am now going to rejoin AAA tomorrow.

FU Acura - horrible customer service and a ridiculous policy.

Can anyone suggest the best number to call or address to email to complain about this?

Also, can anyone suggest a cheaper way to get a new key made than paying full retail at the dealer - I believe it's a few hundred thru them for another key?

And - is there a general overall Acura forum at Edmunds?
    I'd like all to have the option of reading this rather than restricting my audience to only '09 and later TL members?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,126
    Not sure where you are located, but call around to different dealerships. My wife thought she lost her keys to our TSX after she pulled into the garage. I called a few dealerships and got quotes as high as $365 (Greenwich Acura). My dealer (Acura of Westchester) was much, much cheaper.

IIRC, you can buy generic keys online, but still have to pay an hour of dealership labor to get it programmed.

Luckily my landscaper found the keys 4 days later.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Last week I purchased a 2012 TL SH-AWD with Tech to replace my 2005 RL. I love the car except for one thing: the head restraints are impossible. Sadly, the head restraints aren't something I paid any attention to on the test drive. However, once I owned the car and started driving more than a few minutes I realized that because the head restraints point so far forward I can't find even a reasonably comfortable driving position. I am 5'4'', not an unusual height for a woman. I can lessen the head problem by leaning the seat quite far back but then I have no back support and end up with a backache.

Have any of you wizards out there had this problem and have any of you found a solution?

HELP!
  • I just swithed out the factory fog lights (dingy yellow ones) on my 09 AWD to the HID (bright white)- What a diffrence in illumination and apperance-WOW.
    I would suggest this upgrade to everyone, make sure you get right hid kit and a respectable installer. It is a do it yourself job but I just dont have the time and patience to do it.
  • My wife just got a 2013 TL with SH-AWD and the tech package. Made a great deal as the Acura dealer was clearing out the '13s to make room for the 2014 model. Got it in black with black interior and as far as my wife and I are concerned, it is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous (exterior and interior). Also, what an incredible car to drive. The suspension is excellent on smooth roads (handles as if on rails), a bit harder than I like on pot-holed roads.