It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs
First, I am very happy overall with my Acadia. As an engineer, I had some concerns about buying a "new" model but I was in the market now, so I bought it. It still seems to meet my needs better than anything else out there. It's an SLE-1 with convenience, prefered & towing packages. It seems to be a fairly early production model because the window sticker is blank and there is a note about the pricing not being finalized. I believe it was delivered to the dealer in January, based on the state inspection sticker.
On delivery, I had the following problems-
1. Gas cap retainer was broken.
2. Headlight switch was loose (fell into dashboard).
3. There were still four outstanding "recalls"/TSB's- airbags, transmission programming, steering shaft lube, power seat wiring and rear door switch.
4. Problem with the keys and anti-theft system preventing it from starting.
All of these were fixed rather easily, though it took a few days because the dealership didn't have the programming for the recalls.
Since then I have noticed a few other minor things-
1. Transmission still shifts funny after reprogramming. The engine seems to lug a bit, it likes to run at 1200 rpm and is hesitant to downshift.
2. MPG overall is about 18. Seems a little low since at least half my driving is on the highway (low of 15.5, high of 23 mpg). I don't drive it particularly hard, so I was hoping to do a little better.
3. As others have pointed out- radio volume on FM is lower than on XM.
4. Noticed some condensation in the taillight lens the other morning. (fairly heavy fog that day).
5. There is a slight clunk from the front end when rolling from a stop.
I'll bring it in for the 5th one fairly soon.
How are yours doing?