Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• Good morning trannyprobs,

We're sorry to hear about the multiple transmission replacements you've had to have done on your Acadia. Have you ever had Customer Assistance look into this with you? If you would like for us to check into your situation further, please send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Kindest regards,
    Sarah,
    GM Customer Service
  • Good morning acadiafan,

If you would like for us to look into this with you as well, please send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com:your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your Acadia. I too have a 2008 Acadia and it is nothing but a lemon. I have had a new transmission, engine, water pump and power steering installed on a car that is not yet 5 years old.
    Now, after spending over $1400 to get the air conditioning fixed in April, it is out again. Additionally, i have repeatedly complained of water leaking in my car. I have spent money to have that issue addressed to no avail.
    My Acadia is in the shop again today for the air conditioning and to "fix" my leaky Acadia, I will have to spend $700.
    This car is a lemon, as is yours, and GMC ( and GM) are not doing the right thing by you, me and all other buyers of this automobile.
    Feel free to go and visit my website, 1.mygmcacadia">link titlesucks.com. :lemon:

This has to stop at some point. With luck, I hope your car gets fixed and GM helps you. :lemon: :lemon: :lemon:
  • dkrice33,

I'm sorry that you've had so many concerns with your Acadia; had you ever worked with Customer Assistance on this? If we can check into this further for you, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (including your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

• I just purchased a 2012 Acadia and experienced the same problem. Called GM customer service, no help. Called the dealership today and they checked on it. They reported no complaints, but in talking about it at the dealership, it seems one of their salesman at the dealership had purchased one about 6 mo. ago and his wife had reported this issue to him, but he in-turn had not said anything about it. It turns out that a technical bulletin has been sent out by GM and a fix is available. The chrome around the vents can be replaced with black plastic. Mine was ordered and hope to get this resolved next week. You may check again with you dealership. Good luck!
  • Hi,

We initially had air conditioner problems but that was fixed. My car also leaks water when it rains n the driver side door. It is not super significant so I have ignored it. We had a friend who had a significant problem with leakage. She would get a flood in her car when it rained. They could never fix it. She got rid of her car. Also, I have heard about all of these problems from others so if someone at a dealer told you they never had, they are lying to you. :lemon:
  • Sarah, GM Customer Service
    I went to the local GMC dealer (not the one where I bought the acadia). They told me there is a TSB out and the chrome and be replaced with new black vents or bezels whatever they are called (five in total). At first didn't seem too happy to help me since I bought the car at a GMC dealer about 60 miles away. Since it is a TSB the replacement is at no charge to me...at least that is how I understand it. They ordered the parts. Hopefully I will hear from them next week.
  • I called 2 GMC dealers and neither one had heard of this TSB. Do you have a nuumber for the TSB?
  • I checked with 2 GMC dealers about the vent issue. They both researched it and found not TSB. Do you have a TSB number?
  • This is great news, acadiafan! :)

As the replacement is free to you at this time, it is because you are still within your Bumper to Bumper Warranty.

A TSB, or Technical Service Bulletin, provides technicians required new service information. It provides a correction to a specific product problem and usually contains repair procedures, information on part numbers and availability, and warranty labor code information. The body of the bulletin will describe the condition, cause, and correction to the problem. Whether or not the cost of these procedures is covered depends upon warranty status, which is different than a recall (covered because of safety or non-compliance regardless of age of vehicle or mileage).

We look forward to hearing back from you once everything has been completed!
  • I noticed there was no cabin air filter after the dealership sold me a $50 cabin air filter and which btw is impossible to install. No I have never touched the power steering fluid. It just started leaking. Since this post.... You know the little things on the hood that spray out windshield wiper fluid? Yea....that's now leaking down the front of my hood. I also seen that someone said that the chrome on the vents is blinding them when the sun hits it. It blinded me a couple of times and almost had a wreck so I put black tape on the top of them...looks real pretty! We pay yearly payments and we've spent more than our yearly fixing this thing. I absolutely LOVE the exterior and the interior but as far as the power trainer anything else under the hood....that's a no go.
  • I bought my 2008 Acadia new (first new car I've ever owned) What a mistake. It has had the power steering pump replaced and the rack & pinion steering gears were replaced. All of these repairs were not covered by the warranty and it has been expensive to keep it running. And to add insult to injury from day one, water was coming in near the drivers feet when it rained and the moisture would kill the engine somehow, and it was in for repairs many many times until they got that fixed. Latest update, I went in to get new tires and the technician said there is a bad noise coming from the drive train area, so that must be the source of the noise I've been hearing (LOUD). I thought a bearing was going out, yet it seems to be the rear differential. Hopefully the warranty will cover it. I have 4 1/2 years and 75,000 miles on it, so it is under the 5 year/100,000 mile limit. Time will tell.
  • So you are hearing this horrible roaring noise while you drive ? I thought it was just my tires so the louder I turned the radio up....still no help I can still hear it. I'm thinking it's a hub assembly possible a bearing but, I'm no mechanic. I'm starting to be with all of these Acadia issues. :) please let me know if you find anything out. This Acadia is draining our bank accounts!
  • I bought my 2008 Acadia new (first new car I've ever owned) What a mistake. It has had the front stabilizer bars replaced, the power steering pump replaced and the rack & pinion steering gears were replaced. All of these repairs were not covered by the warranty and it has been expensive to keep it running. And to add insult to injury from day one, water was coming in near the drivers feet when it rained and the moisture would kill the engine somehow, and it was in for repairs many many times until they got that fixed. Latest update, I went in to get new tires and the technician said there is a bad noise coming from the drive train area, so that must be the source of the noise I've been hearing (LOUD). I thought a bearing was going out, yet it seems to be the rear differential. Hopefully the warranty will cover it. I have 4 1/2 years and 75,000 miles on it, so it is under the 5 year/100,000 mile limit. Time will tell.
  • Yes, I will let you know what I find out. The noise is VERY LOUD. Stay tuned and good luck.
  • Good luck to you too!! Thank you!!
  • my 2008 Acadia has the same problem. It makes driving on sunny days unbearable.
  • Good afternoon 2008acadia,

We hope that all goes well on the rear differential work! Let us know if you would like for us to look into anything further (we can be contacted at socialmedia@gm.com).

• Yes my acadia is still under manufacturer warranty. It is funny that a different poster says he/she checked with two GMC dealers and they don't have a TSB for this problem and my local dealer did. Maybe they just don't want to hear me whine lol. Hopefully the parts will be in soon because I seriously hate being blinded by the sun shining off that chrome.
  • my black vents are ordered and hopefully will be in soon.
  • I don't have the TSB number but I can find out when my replacement vents come in and post it then
  • First of all, there's a wonderful thing called SUNGLASSES! They really help with the glare. And as for the power steering fluid with the car you got, the 2007-2011 Acadia had a different power steering fluid. The new Dexron fluid is better. I'd suggest asking the dealer for that.
  • Thanks for the sunglass tip. I would not have thought of that as a GMC owner. I would have figured that out if I owned a Toyota or Honda.
  • Seriously...sunglasses? Do you even own an acadia with the chrome vents? I believe the forum is for owners to share issues and solutions about their vehicle not smart a$# replies.
  • Sunglasses do not help so kiss that one goodbye. As for the power steering fluid issue, the pump was replaced and the rack and pinion steering was replaced at my cost and it's already been done....my dealer should have suggested that fluid to me not the other way around.
  • Hi Sarah,
    If the repairs are not under warranty the Acadia will be replaced by a NON GMC vehicle. Enough is enough
  • Thank you for saying what all of us were thinking. Anyone who has ever been blinded by the glare knows that person has no idea what they are talking about. Where do these people come from?
  • You're welcome
  • Wow aren't you guys sweet! I do have an acadia(want me to take a picture of it?) and the chrome doesn't bother me. It can be a slight distraction at times, but no more. I don't know if you are exaggerating, but it would be appreciated if you could be more professional and mature about your responses. And b.t.w, there really aren't that many solutions on here, mainly people complaining. But thank you for calling me smart, I appreciate it :). If you have been blinded by the vents then that sucks for you, but I have driven in direct sunlight on the sunniest of says and not had more than a small glare! Maybe some people's eyes are just more sensitive? I don't know. But anywho