Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Problems and Repairs

Comments

• Tried sending email through the GMC website but seems to fail each time.

By the way - it was the 1,3 and 5 coils that had to be replaced. Those were the same injectors that were leaking. And the factory rep thought this wasn't a big deal. Throw some parts at us and be gone. We'll make sure to let everyone know our experience with the Acadia and Demontrond GMC in Houston, TX.
  • I am so fustrated that GMC let me down with the Acadia. I thought I was purchasing a great vehicle. We have a 2007 Chevy Avalanche and love it and never have had any problems with it. So, we thought purchasing an Acadia would be a good buy. I was way WRONG!!! My Acadia only has about 4500 miles and already has one too many issues.
    For one, the transmission is so messed up and is a HUGE safety concern not only for me but for others. When I am on a slight incline, maybe 3% incline, my Acadia rolls back at a high rate of speed in reverse. It also will roll forward at a high rate of speed on an incline. I almost went into a store with consumers in it trying to back up a slight incline. It scared me to death because my Acadia almost ended up in the store. And the service people at my local dealership say that is perfectly normal. Sorry, but NO it is not perfectly normal. It is very dangerous to have a vehicle that has issues being controlled due to the fault of GM. In my opinion, it is very sad that GM does not take this rolling issue serious. It is also sad to see how little GM cares about the safety of it consumers as well as people in general.
    Another problem I have is the back of my passenger seat it feels like your back is againt a piece of plywood. But of course, that is normal too. NO IT IS NOT GM!!! I have sat in at least 20 other Acadias and the seats are more comfortable than my seats.
    Here is another issue, it will not allow me to set the speed I want to with my curise control. For example, I have tried to set the speed at 68mph but it will only allows me to set it at either 67 or 69mph. Explain that issue GM?
    I am so tried of dealing with this vehicle and I have only owned it for 4 months. I am very determine ot make sure GM and GMC fix the huge issue of the Acadia rolling back. But a note to make, I did test another Acaida and it did not roll back. With that said, not all Acadias roll back. I am very determine to make sure no has to feel scared like I have driving their Acadia.
    I have been in contact with GM and hoping this issue with my Acadia gets resolved very soon. :mad:
  • My husband and I bought an 2007 Acadia with 70,000 miles July, 17th, 2011. I have not even made my first payment and it has been at the shop three times. It began with an electrical issue, then it was a stabilization issue (an eight hour labor job) now, the Acadia will barley turn when going slow. I feel the steering problem is a significant safety issue and I hope GM recalls the problem before someone gets hurt. I hate to say that it only took 30 days for us to hate our new Acadia.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    nmcgraw,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Are you currently working with a GM dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • Has anyone experience headlight problems with their Acadia? I have a 2008 and have replaced both bulbs and now both have again gone out!! Seems that this vehicle is starting to fall apart on us now.
  • My passenger headlight went out at about 30K. Cost about $175 to have it replaced, 90% labor.

While mileage did your first two headlights go out, and then how many miles until the 2nd pair went out? Also, did they both go out at the same time?
  • Yes we have experienced problems with the bulbs as well, I changed the right & left myself using the youtube to see how to replace them. I then had the one go out on the drivers side about 3 months later and took it to the dealer because I noticed that the housing where the bulb sits had melted. They had to change both the bulb and the housing, because they had melted an no explanation was given. We complained loud enougg and the dealer changed it at no cost, have some check the housing where the bulbs sit that may be your problem. Of course no one said it was an electrical problem of the GMC but I know if we keep looking hard enough we can find others with the same problem. My Acadia is also a 2008 with 50,000 miles on it. Hope this information helps you in some way
  • My wife and her sister both bought 08 Acadia's new at the same time. I won't go into all the problems they each have had, both have had different issues. On this headlight issue my wife's car has never had one go out. My sister inlaw has had 5 go out 3 on one side 2 on the other (crazy). What is even crazier is the fact that it does cost around $175.00 to fix a headlight???? They have to take off half of the front end to get to the light!!! The dealership said that the problem is bad sealing around the headlight housing. I called GMC Corp. and after back and forth conversations, them talking with the dealership yada yada. Since the car has 50,000+ miles it is out of warrenty so they won't cover the $900.00+ cost of replacing the headlight housing. HEY, but they will pay for 1 year of oil changes and lubing and tire rotation. Les Schwab tire service rotates for free, lubing is automatic with oil changing. What a joke.
  • well the first light went out around 30,000 and the housing around the bulbwas burnt so they replaced it and I paid $130.00! Then the other went out around $50,000 and now they are both out and we are at 60,000. Looking at close to $500.00 in headlights at this point.
  • Thanks for the response we had the housing burn the first time the bulb went out. I guess it just blows my mind that I would have changed 4 bulbs and the car is only a few years old. Very disappointing at this point. Our water pump also went out and now the check engine light came on a few days ago. Once again back to the dealership!
  • There is a quicker and cheaper fix to replace the head lamps. The Most GMC dealers are aware of this. You go up through the wheel well. Some dealers still charge the original rate even though they use this new method. I would question them because if they know this new technique and charge you the old rate, they are screwing you.
    The plastic housing do in fact melt or crack. This causes the bulbs to short out.
    It is not the mileage you drive that is the important thing is it the time the bulbs are on as the day time running lights are on all the time. If I drive 4 hours at 70 miles an hour and you drive 4 hours around town, we are both putting 4 hours on the bulbs.
    The heat generated by the bulbs causes the plastic to break down in the housing.
    I learned all this while putting on 97000 miles on a 2007.
  • Thank you for the information re the light bulb housing I will start turnging off the day lights.. Also going up thru the wheel well is how I changed my bulbs as well, I knew there had to be an easier way and found it on you-tube.
  • I had one bulb go out in a 2008 Acadia. At the time it had about 30k miles. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty.
    elkhunter505,
    Can you please send me your VIN? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    elkhunter505,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
  • Very similar issues with my 2009. By the time I had 25,000 miles on it, I had more problems with this vehicle than all preceding vehicles combined (and a cumulative 750,000 miles on those vehicles). The break squealing has been very consistent throughout the life and helps to ruin the driving experience. Dealer tried to tell me numerous times that "some break noise is normal" which drives me nuts considering I've been driving for 30 years and am pretty sure I know what is normal and what is not. After a lot of calls to GM customer service -- a completely exasperating experience in and of itself - the rotors were turned and eventually new break pads were put on. That worked great for about 10,000 miles and now the noise it back. And, predictably, I'm being told that "some break noise is normal". This is one of many problems I've had and I guess as much as anything I'm just personally embarrassed that I spent this much money on a vehicle that I don't really even trust. And 50% depreciation (I was looking to just get rid of it) in less than two years doesn't help.
    notbigb,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your brakes. Since you have spoken with GM Customer Assistance could you please email me your VIN or case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • skpaskpa Posts: 3
    My 2011 rolls back on inclines as well. Does not seem normal to me either.

What I am extremely disappointed with is the blue and black smoke my Acadia emits on cold starts. GMC engineering claims this is normal. It's great to see a $40k car blow smoke on cold starts....makes me wonder what else I have to look forward to.

Stabilizer links were just replaced @ 5k miles....front end was squeaking over bumps.

Unfortunately, I see this car being traded in shortly and going back to Honda or Toyota.
  • yes my vin is 1GKEV13708J225275. We have an appointment today at 1:00 at a local GM dealership to have them look at it.
  • we have an appointment at a local GM dealership today to have the vehicle looked at. I will let you know what they find.